Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

16 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted

interesting cloud rotation above my house...odd :-)

Edited by mort

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

loved the rain today it felt like Autumn though. just need those storms that scotland are hoggin to spread throughout the UK now.

Posted

just 1 crack of thunder

sky is getting black :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

I did notice it getting dark at that time but didn't hear anything......where abouts in cumbie are you again?

Posted

The BBC is forecasting thunderstorms and thundery showers for the north west over the next few hours. I personally can't see it happening except for the tongue of cloud spreading from the isle of man SE on the IR sat.

What do you guys think?

Posted
5943911608_11f12e9f83_m.jpg odd rotating cloud formation just before it poured down. apologise for the black edging, zoomed out on my camera too much :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

The BBC is forecasting thunderstorms and thundery showers for the north west over the next few hours. I personally can't see it happening except for the tongue of cloud spreading from the isle of man SE on the IR sat.

What do you guys think?

The radar is not showing anything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Hmm someone seems to be using the thunderstorm symbol alot on the bbc website lately

Posted

OMG what a night of rain we're having tonight! I took the dog out at 10.45pm,on the way back the wind really picked up but it wasn't raining,within 10mins of being home the heaven's opened and it hammered down,but there was hardly any wind,a hour past and all seemed calm but over the last 20mins we had a downpour accompanied by very strong winds wasn't expecting that at all,All i needed was a flash and a bang to top it off,ah well maybe tomorrow.

Posted

OMG what a night of rain we're having tonight! I took the dog out at 10.45pm,on the way back the wind really picked up but it wasn't raining,within 10mins of being home the heaven's opened and it hammered down,but there was hardly any wind,a hour past and all seemed calm but over the last 20mins we had a downpour accompanied by very strong winds wasn't expecting that at all,All i needed was a flash and a bang to top it off,ah well maybe tomorrow.

LOW pressure situated to the North = a W/NW flow off the Bristol Channel = showers/downpours!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Netweather storm forecast for today, northern and eastern Britain best chance of seeing a storm:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Similar area tomorrow looks like seeing potential for storms aswell, with the the upper low near the northeast not moving far.