Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

10 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Strong cell to my South, XC weather reporting thunderstorms at Hawarden, but the radar has picked up no lightning strikes.

Then again, Paul did say they don't pick up localized ones.

Warm and humid too :D

Raining here atm.

very nice.looking at the cloud structure there,could that be classed as some sort of super cell?

I thought supercell clouds were Mammatus?

They aren't Mammatus.

These are:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aJIZTpnrGoXs-gbM4OzXBw&ved=0CDQQBSgA&q=mammatus+supercell+clouds&spell=1&biw=1366&bih=611

Edited by Vegito

Posted

Strong cell to my South, XC weather reporting thunderstorms at Hawarden, but the radar has picked up no lightning strikes.

Then again, Paul did say they don't pick up localized ones.

Warm and humid too :D

Raining here atm.

That's what's coming towards me.

Well, I say that, but it's got quite a while to travel first. :whistling:

Posted

That's what's coming towards me.

Well, I say that, but it's got quite a while to travel first. :whistling:

:lol:

Will probably die out before it gets to you.

Posted

Not looking good here again today, with no convection at all yet.Hopefully things will improve soon.

Posted

One eye on the F1, one eye on Silverstone with the NW Radar, and one eye for my location with the NW Radar also. Going to be a busy afternoon.

Posted

I'd probably say so too. I'm not going to give up any hope, though. :)

I don't think it's even electrified, probably a false report from Hawarden.

Posted

Looking great for southyorkshire if that shower keeps moving east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Clouding over now from the west as the clouds build. Temp here is now up to 23.7°C with a Td of 14.4°C so conditions are ripe out there for something to pop. The showers from the west are still sneaking their way in this direction and there is obviously a lot of energy to tap into.

There is a also a little wind now, Force 1 - 2, due West.

Looking good but have to go to Hull shortly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I don't think that the report from wales was faulse as a relative told me earlier there was a storm in Mold in east Wales which has sinse dide

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Clouds looking more stormy today with showers going up on all sides, still no actual storm to film but i did make a time lapse of the clouds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Clouds looking more stormy today with showers going up on all sides, still no actual storm to film but i did make a time lapse of the clouds

The area from Biggleswade towards Cambourne has a storm growing quite rapidly...

Posted

did the manchester to blackpool charity bike ride this morning got caught in a rather long torrential downpour on route (at leyland) there was no thunder heard though, just arrived home and the roads are flooded, wonder if there was thunder and lightning here, anyone in wigan area heard thunder ?

BTW my legs are shot atwacko.gif

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

did the manchester to blackpool charity bike ride this morning got caught in a rather long torrential downpour on route (at leyland) there was no thunder heard though, just arrived home and the roads are flooded, wonder if there was thunder and lightning here, anyone in wigan area heard thunder ?

BTW my legs are shot atwacko.gif

Didn't hear any thunder from Blackpool way this morning.

The occasional rumbles from Chorley, Bolton, Blackburn across towards Burnely I'd say. Much brighter N of Ribble , though been the odd short downpour earlier this morning..

Congrats on completing that bike ride!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

The area from Biggleswade towards Cambourne has a storm growing quite rapidly...

I got storms all around me on the radar but still no rain :S Going dark to the west very humid outside...

Can see the rains aproaching on webcam http://www.ampthillweatherstation.info/currentweather/weathercam.html

Edited by Daveweiser

Posted

Not holding my breath for anything here. We've had about 5 days of this setup now, and only 2 rumbles compared to what many have experienced. The storm-shield has been activated here, and if I stood on the field flying a kite all day not even that could disable it :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave

A moderate shower here in Macclesfield now. Thought it was thundering but not too sure, went evil black, looking like a classic summer thunderstorm. Rain with gusty winds, but feeling quite muggy, defeinately not cool, like the last few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Lots of towering Cu today, but very much doubt anything will happen.

Posted

Didn't hear any thunder from Blackpool way this morning.

The occasional rumbles from Chorley, Bolton, Blackburn across towards Burnely I'd say. Much brighter N of Ribble , though been the odd short downpour earlier this morning..

Congrats on completing that bike ride!

thanks, i now have to hound people for that sponser moneylaugh.gif

problem is i am 45 now and was still trying to keep up with some of the younger superfit cyclists with their godzilla like thighs, so i burned out a bit, just enjoying a huge slab of walnut cake and pot of tea now

if there was thunder here today i bloody missed it again, that would be 4 thunder days this week here and i missed all of them doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Met office have a warning for heavy rain in our area and just had a nice shower. Not sure if anything will come this way

Posted

Looks like I may have a shower soon. It's certainly clouded over quickly.

I'm actually jealous of the people under the warnings from the Met Office. Ever since they implemented the new warning system, I've not been under a single one. :whistling:

Posted

Barely drizzling here, the showers have fizzled out looking at the latest metO radar. Another pathetic day.

Yep another let down and it remains bone dry around here.Even a brief heavy shower would of been welcome :rolleyes:

Posted

Storm shield in full operations here, as anticipated. Off out to fly that kite lol