Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

9 July 2011 - Storm/convective Forecast, Discussion And Reports

Posted

Good luck sammie. Having a respite atm, but radar shows a vicious cell heading our way.

BUGGER! At least the Camera is fully charged. I'm seriously hoping I don't get hammered again I don't think we can take it the water will be in the flat if it rains any more. I wish I could see more of the lighting etc but being stuck in the basement is doing nothing for me at the moment. I can't go out and find somewhere to watch it from in case the flat floods. Bricking it right now.

Edited by sammie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

rains on here but nothing to be heard

Posted

Earlier when I was in Holyrood Park moments before it kicked off:

http://yfrog.com/klzuscxj

From my @shuggeemonsta tweet.

Posted

dont know how much more edinburgh can take with this rain,reports of severe flooding around.some nasty lightning strikes also causing problems.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

VERY heavy shower here.

- Rain ( Lots )

- No Hail,

- No Wind

- No Thunder.

- No Fun

Posted

Looks like storm 3 is about to slam Edinburgh. Just started raining here again. *bites nails* if I disappear and stop posting we've flooded and had to bail.

Posted

Looks like storm 3 is about to slam Edinburgh. Just started raining here again. *bites nails* if I disappear and stop posting we've flooded and had to bail.

hope it holds off for a bit for you sammie, especially since your in a basement flat help.gif

Posted

hope it holds off for a bit for you sammie, especially since your in a basement flat help.gif

We;re now starting to flood. Waters coming in the back door. We've just pulled put every towel we have and stuffed it around the door to hold it off a while but I don't know how long its going to last. Anyone got any suggestions?

Posted

By no means am I complaining about the heavy downpoars I ha yesterday (even though no T&L) it's annoys me that in the winter Scotland and NE England get the sweet stuff, and now NE England are getting the sweet stuff in summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

We;re now starting to flood. Waters coming in the back door. We've just pulled put every towel we have and stuffed it around the door to hold it off a while but I don't know how long its going to last. Anyone got any suggestions?

Try and get some boards to put at the top of the stairs to try and divert it away from pouring into your basement flat. Be safe and if you think you are in danger get out. I know its your posessions that are at risk but they can be replaced. You can not. Good luck

Edited by paul m

Posted

i would phone edinburgh council response team,but they probably rushed of there feet.unless you have some spair sandbags to hand i dont think there is much you can do.

when a family member in stockbridge was getting flooded all we could do was lift as much as we could(the t.v etc) off the floor and hope it didnt get any worse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A line of torrential rain/hail and thunder just to the north of Cleadon at the moment, and although I've narrowly missed the line of showers so far, radar suggests that it may successfully inch this far south before it clears into the North Sea. I can say for certain that I've captured (via video) at least one lightning strike on camera over the fields to the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Nice line of heavy showers and storms passing very close to my north now.

Hearing thunder and seen a flash of lightning, very nice cloud formations and some rotation in the clouds which was quite impressive.

btw I'm in Jarrow now, not Stanley.

Posted

Try and get some boards to put at the top of the stairs to try and divert it away from pouring into your basement flat. Be safe and if you think you are in danger get out. I know its your posessions that are at risk but they can be replaced. You can not. Good luck

i would phone edinburgh council response team,but they probably rushed of there feet.unless you have some spair sandbags to hand i dont think there is much you can do.

when a family member in stockbridge was getting flooded all we could do was lift as much as we could(the t.v etc) off the floor and hope it didnt get any worse.

Thank guys! Phoned the council they said they are rushed off their feet I said nae bother XD We've just packed under the door with some more old clothes and towels to try and stop it invading the flat and tried to build a wee wall at the top of the fire escape to stop it coming down. Just pray it holds out for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Darlington has missed all the storms today apart from on moderate shower at just after 14:00 lasting no more that 10 minutes it's been sunny all day.

Posted

Thank guys! Phoned the council they said they are rushed off their feet I said nae bother XD We've just packed under the door with some more old clothes and towels to try and stop it invading the flat and tried to build a wee wall at the top of the fire escape to stop it coming down. Just pray it holds out for us.

stay safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The lightning capture was better than I thought!

post-7-0-45902300-1310234128_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Got my fingers crossed for you Sammie :friends:

Posted

the sun is out here sammie with nice blue sky over corstorphine way so hopefully thats the worst over with good.gif

planes still using the emergency runway to take off south though so probably more on the way.but this break should help you biggrin.gif

good luck

Posted

Wish you all the best there Sammie. As much as we all like storms there is a downside for some folk. Unfortunately you are experiencing it.