Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Surprisingly warm & sunny with Ac Cas in Cleadon at the moment, and forecast models suggest more thunder potential this afternoon. Currently 22.5C, after an overnight minimum of 16.5C (not a record, but notably high for late June). I had a feeling that onshore winds and sea fog would come rolling in this morning but as it stands the winds are still south/south-westerly.

Yesterday's max came out at 26.4C in the end which was the highest since 2006.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

The models have gotten it badly wrong today.

24.4C here at 9.20am, in 100% sunshine?

If this continues it will be 30C today, it wasn't supposed be as high as 22C today, never mind 24C at 9am!

I'll update dewpoints ect when I plug my station in. Just got up. :lol:

It's Already 35C in Kent and rising and the Met Office have a level 2 Heat Wave alert out

They must have the thermomoter in the sun the rate this is rising

Edited by saintpeter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

There record is 23.4c in July 1991.

Odd that since Shetland is further North by quite a distance!

It's Already 35C in Kent and rising and the Met Office have a level 2 Heat Wave alert out

They must have the thermomoter in the sun the rate this is rising

It's in the sun man. If it was 36C already the daily mail's headline of 'killer heatwave' would be accurate. And that isn't going to happen. :lol:

Posted

A min temp of 16.5C here last night, making it the 5th warmest June minima in 30 years.

Its currently clear and sunny and the temperature is already up to 25.8C. The humidity is something else though, yesterday's new record high dewpoint has been beaten again today, sitting at a ridiculous 21.1C!

I can manage hot weather but at 75% humidity this is just too much.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

I'm still not sure of its accuracy over the last couple of days but my garden weather station is already reporting the temperature at 29C at just 10.30! It might not be that far-fetched as Biggin Hill (at the top of the downs) was at 25C an hour ago and Otford is in a valley that usually pools heat in the summer... Pretty remarkable all the same, could be on for our highest temperature since 2006.

Posted

Currently 28.7C and rising;

Humidity: 49%

Dewpoint: 16.9C

Pressure: 1013mb

Light breeze from the SE.

Posted

Surprisingly warm & sunny with Ac Cas in Cleadon at the moment, and forecast models suggest more thunder potential this afternoon. Currently 22.5C, after an overnight minimum of 16.5C (not a record, but notably high for late June). I had a feeling that onshore winds and sea fog would come rolling in this morning but as it stands the winds are still south/south-westerly.

Yesterday's max came out at 26.4C in the end which was the highest since 2006.

Really? I only reached 25.8.

Currently 23.6 here with sunny intervals - could have ended up so much hotter though with the mercury at 21º at 8.30am!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry summers with big thunderstorms.

28c here in Chelmsford now. yesterday was 27.0c from my station as a max and min 18.8 so a warm start. Fully expecting over 30c today and reaching 32c would I think make it warmest day since summer 2006.

Posted

It has reached 30C exactly here now, according to the Cambridge University station. If the temperature manages to get above 31.1C today, it would mean that today would be the warmest day since July 2006.

Posted

It has reached 30C exactly here now, according to the Cambridge University station. If the temperature manages to get above 31.1C today, it would mean that today would be the warmest day since July 2006.

29.6C here now. I would hope we'd breach 31C from this point... Quite exceptional heat given that it's only had two days to build off the back of a prolonged average/below average spell.

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

clouded over here quite substantially now. It is actually quite grey in places and stormy looking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

overcast and cloudy all morning , not much of a wind. 15.6C and Humidity 80%

Posted

Sunny, although the blue skies are becoming white, I assume from the heat of the city etc. Currently getting 29.7c in my garden, dew point of around 16c (which seems a bit low!)

Posted

some 3 to 4C higher than the same time yesterday and the Td about 2C up; 1-2/8 shallow Cu

Posted

25.2º here, sunny intervals.

Think I'll take the dog out for a walk and catch some rays before the sun goes back in.

Posted

Warm and mostly sunny (like yesterday a few Ac about) but it does seem a bit hazier. 26C and feels humid- I'm just watching that mass of cloud to the south on the satellite, seems to be producing something over SW England with some amazing temperature gradients (at 1100 Bristol is 10C hotter than Plymouth according to the MO!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

30.6c here - now hottest summers day since 2006 beating 2007,2008,2009 but not 2010 so far as May had one hot day.

But perhaps we could just make 32... maybe 33 at this rate.

Shame I'm at work but still - I'm enjoying the extremeness of it after so long without this kind of heat!

Posted

Top temps have now hit 30c.

Hi, Ja23

Would you mind popping your location into your avatar please? It's just so that the other members know which area you are referring to when you're reporting your temperatures

Brian