Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Yes BFTV, The media continue to spin what the experts are 'actually' saying. The root of all evil, To whom the majority of the public seem to lay there faith.

Indeed. Actually, after a brief google search, I've found the paper in question, as a free PDF

European Seasonal and Annual Temperature Variability, Trends, and Extremes Since 1500

It shows, that similar to the hemispheric trend, European summer temperatures dropped substantially between 1750 and 1900. It took until the end of the 20th and start of the 21st century for the warming to finally exceed the old temperatures, hence the lack of records between then and 2003

Sm7szo2.png

• Like 3

Posted

going back in time a little....

http://www.rense.com/general42/5000.htm

In the world we live in today, there cannot be records broken without man made global warming or climate change being cited. One wonders why 1757, mentioned as the previous hottest, had not been eclipsed before in this world of soaring heat.....I wonder what measures were it seems successfully undertaken to prevent it happening again for another 350 years ?   Or what had bben happening in the 350 years before it that man should have avoided doing tp prevent it?

Rense.com? Oh dear...for those unfamiliar to the site, here are the titles of some other articles on Rense :

"Auschwitz Gas Chamber Hoax? - Part 1"

"FBI Declassifies Files Proving Hitler Went To Argentina"

"Solid 3D Proof That Apollo Photos Were Faked"

"Illuminati Mind Control & The Report From Iron Mountain"

"10 UFOs Cavort Above US Nuke Missile Base "

"Declared Communist Goals In US"

I think you get the idea :rofl:

Edited by radiohead
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Rense.com? Oh dear...for those unfamiliar to the site, here are the titles of some other articles on Rense :

"Auschwitz Gas Chamber Hoax? - Part 1"

"FBI Declassifies Files Proving Hitler Went To Argentina"

"Solid 3D Proof That Apollo Photos Were Faked"

"Illuminati Mind Control & The Report From Iron Mountain"

"10 UFOs Cavort Above US Nuke Missile Base "

"Declared Communist Goals In US"

I think you get the idea :rofl:

So this is what the opening few paragraphs of the articles says.......where does it deviate from accurately reporting the study then?

GENEVA (AFP) -- Europe this year experienced its hottest summer for at least 500 years, providing further evidence of man-made global warming, Swiss university researchers said on Tuesday.   During the crushing heat wave between June and August this year, which triggered several thousand more deaths than usual, average temperatures eclipsed the previous record set in 1757, according to a study by the University of Bern's geography department.   The average temperature in Europe was 19.5 degrees Celsius (67 degrees Fahrenheit), two degrees higher than the average summer temperatures recorded on the continent between 1901 and 1995.   Central Europe and the Alps region were the worst affected by the heat wave, with temperatures up to five degrees higher than average, the study said.   "It is very likely that human activity and greenhouse gases have caused this rise in temperature," said Juerg Luterbacher, who directed the study.

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I must agree with The Star on one point: 63C would be truly astonishing! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

The most electric place on Earth

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150810-the-most-electric-place-on-earth

It's where the storm lovers would want to be

28 lightning flashes every 60 seconds. I'll take that (or rather a camera would)

Posted

Here we go again

Britain to bake in HOTTEST August in YEARS as jet stream sparks heatwave

BRITAIN is set to bake in the hottest August for YEARS with temperatures potentially reaching 100F in weeks.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/597529/August-weather-forecast-hottest-August-for-years-heatwave-jet-stream

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

If all of these newspaper fairy folk tales were right I would have experienced very severe sunburn, been able to built a snowman and almost been hit by a falling tree during strong gales - all in the space of three weeks!!  Not to forget almost drowning in heavy rainfall whilst preparing for the upcoming three month ice age

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I do wonder whether there is enough news in the world to report on.

Surely by now the public realize that any weather on the front page of the Express is crap.

By the way what % of the express does Madden own, lol..

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Oh dear

Here comes the TORNADO: Extreme weather warning as UK set for 84F tropical storms TOMORROW (today)

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/599349/Weather-forecast-monsoon-british-downpours-this-weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/climate-change-2015-will-be-the-hottest-year-on-record-by-a-mile-experts-say-10477138.html

Helped by a weak to moderate El nino? 

Amazing period we are in, for me the next 2-5 years will show where we head over coming decades and I'm fascinated that we are in a 'crux' period.

No, I'm not now an AGW convert heaven forbid!!, this year as warmest has been precisely forecast within natural cycles with strong El Nino to peak in autumn Oct/Nov and carry into NH winter.   So the non AGW forecast then is for El Nino to dissolve quickly next year and the plunge to begin as the sun heads towards minima between cycle 24/25 likely to be 2020.   So a pivotal year for and El Nino's behaviour and strength important in this. 

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST

Posted

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/climate-change-2015-will-be-the-hottest-year-on-record-by-a-mile-experts-say-10477138.html

Helped by a weak to moderate El nino?

No, I'm not now an AGW convert heaven forbid!!, this year as warmest has been precisely forecast within natural cycles with strong El Nino to peak in autumn Oct/Nov and carry into NH winter.   So the forecast then is for El Nino to dissolve quickly next year and the plunge to begin as the sun heads towards minima between cycle 24/25 likely to be 2020.   So a pivotal year for and El Nino's behaviour and strength important in this. 

BFTP

It has? I'm sure I saw Catweasel holding-up a chart showing a 'cooling' planet?? :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted

It has? I'm sure I saw Catweasel holding-up a chart showing a 'cooling' planet?? :cc_confused:

I see the calls of solar induced global cooling in the second have of 2016 have begun. I'm sure using that specific a start date for cooling has nothing to do with the tendency for La Ninas to follow immediately after moderate to strong El Ninos...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

BFTV

Yes a La Nina will follow, just like the outcome of this year will be down to the El Nino.  Of course with all this CO2 the La Nina and the solar minimum should make no difference.  I have put my thoughts out there mate, let's see what happens. 

Ed

Who is catweasel? 

You have my thoughts,

BFTP

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

BFTV

Yes a La Nina will follow, just like the outcome of this year will be down to the El Nino.  Of course with all this CO2 the La Nina and the solar minimum should make no difference.  I have put my thoughts out there mate, let's see what happens. 

Ed

Who is catweasel? 

You have my thoughts,

BFTP

I trawl these forums fairly frequently and dont recall seeing any precise forecast for a peak in temperatures to occur in 2015. Can you point me to the forecast?

I'm not necessarily an AGW proponent... but I think it might be worth starting a diary of comments such as these... because I'm sure back in 2006/07 people were saying that by 2012 we would be passed the peak of warming... and then it stretched out a couple more years.... and now we are saying 2016. I have a funny feeling we'll still be saying that global cooling is just around the corner in another 5 years time!

• Like 2

Posted

"BRITAIN was drenched by a Bank Holiday downpour today as TWO MONTHS worth of rain fell before lunchtime." http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/601826/Gales-thunderstorms-brits-drenched-bank-holiday-Monday

Posted

I see the calls of solar induced global cooling in the second have of 2016 have begun. I'm sure using that specific a start date for cooling has nothing to do with the tendency for La Ninas to follow immediately after moderate to strong El Ninos...

Indeed. What has happened to the great global cool-down of 2007? And the so-called 'hiatus'? And the Arctic sea-ice recovery? If only the Press didn't love silly-season news-stories quite so much?

• Like 1

Posted

I trawl these forums fairly frequently and dont recall seeing any precise forecast for a peak in temperatures to occur in 2015. Can you point me to the forecast?

I'm not necessarily an AGW proponent... but I think it might be worth starting a diary of comments such as these... because I'm sure back in 2006/07 people were saying that by 2012 we would be passed the peak of warming... and then it stretched out a couple more years.... and now we are saying 2016. I have a funny feeling we'll still be saying that global cooling is just around the corner in another 5 years time!

A quick scan through one of the old climate threads reveals all you need about BFTP's position. From 2008:

Round one of cooling now underway...with more to come. My opinion with mounting evidence to support

Hansen, GISS, NASA cannot be trusted...pure warmism nonsense..and dangerous. The cooling is well underway now and it will be 'obvious' in 2012-2015 years as I have always stated.

• Like 3