Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Posted

"The entire country is on alert for gusts of more than 100mph"  Is it, Nathan, is it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

After the Charlie Hebdo incident, there was almost a sense of admiring and wanting to be protective of journalists

Unfortunately then you realise that Nathan Rao  calls himself a journalist and that feeling very quickly evaporates!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Be very interested to see what extended outlook has in store at 9.52 this evening on BBC News 24.Also BG on the other Weather Forum said the next few GFS runs will be delayed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

As I thought, Nick Miller was pretty non committal about next week though he did say that next week is likely to be cold with Frost and snow possible. However, he said it was not set in stone and keep watching the forecasts. Interesting feature for Sunday could provide rain or snow for Southern half of the country.If this Low slides about 50-100 miles further South than currently being projected then I think Southerners could see some snow. One to watch for sure in next few days.

Posted

cracker of a headline on the Telegraph 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/weather/11345528/UK-weather-Britain-braced-for-cyclone-live.html

UK to get a cyclone

maybe one day we'll get an anti-cyclone

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Before you know it there will be Sharknado's up and down the country.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh, for swearword's sake! Bloody swear filter.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted

Well,just saw Helen Willetson BBC News and it looks like the Met Office are having real nightmares over their forecasts for next 72 hours. What looks probable is snow showers for NW Britain and Scotland giving coverings even to low levels from tonight till Sunday. What is very unclear is the possibility of firstly a front brushing Southern Counties tomorrow which could give snow on Downs and Chilterns. However, what Ian Fergusson has already stated on MOD thread is possibility of snow for South East on Sunday.If it comes off it could give likes of East Hampshire, Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Greater London, Essex and Suffolk quite a fall of snow. Equally it could just stay Southwards in which case it would be a non event. One to watch as the potential is there. Until we get the weekend resolved not much point looking at next week and Models seem to be showing up different solutions on every run.This time tomorrow we may know more as trends could be developing either way for a moderate cold spell of 6-8 days or a lengthy one of 10 days plus. 

Either way Interesting times for Weather enthusiasts!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Met Office update updated on iphone met app and it's still one of cold or very cold with snow possibilities for the next 10 days or so at least.

Posted

Express at it AGAIN

Big headline - 6 INCHES OF SNOW THIS WEEKEND

Anyone seeing the headline would think it everywhere and panic, the Express take something from a northern peak or Scottish mountain and spin it to look like it's going to happen everywhere

They should be fined by the PCC for deliberately misleading people

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Express at it AGAIN

Big headline - 6 INCHES OF SNOW THIS WEEKEND

Anyone seeing the headline would think it everywhere and panic, the Express take something from a northern peak or Scottish mountain and spin it to look like it's going to happen everywhere

They should be fined by the PCC for deliberately misleading people

Not too dissimilar a story today in the Daily Mirror either. I feel sorry for the Met Office as Joe public often blame the Met for supplying these papers with fantasised stories of snowmageddon. Even though the Met have cancelled their warning for the event at no point had they predicted anything other than a risk of some snow, a far cry from the newsprint. I haven't bought a newspaper for years and stories like this grate me when I get people quiz me on the accuracy of such stories. They think if it's printed in the papers it's got to be true. They look at me bonkers when I dismiss such stories as 'nonsense'. The press are in a win win situation as people have very short memories and next week when the next weather story is printed folks will fall for it again and again. Edited by Gibby
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I thought a few here might find this interesting, I'm sure with something as complex a climate science that many would relish the opportunity to ask an expert some questions.

Dr Kathy Crane of NOAA will be doing a questions and answers session (called and AMA) on www.reddit.com/r/science on February 12th on the topic of "Climate in the Arctic". I'll post up more details (her background and best time to get in your questions) in the next few days.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Panicked forecasters raised the alert in the past hour after spotting the freak system on the weather models.

Piers Corbyn, forecaster for WeatherAction, warned a “catastrophic†set of circumstances have come together to trigger a lethal spell of weather.

“Such is the severity of this situation I have written to the Government’s Cabinet Office Briefing Room (COBRA) committee urging them to take immediate action.â€

:rofl: :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

God alone knows how the Express would report the upcoming week were they based in America. With Boston and New York facing a blizzard tommorrow night with a possible foot of snow, followed by the threat of -40ºC 850's next weekend I think that they would swiftly run out of superlatives....

PS -40ºC is one of those great temperatures - it is the same in Fahrenheit.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Blimey!!   I certainly don't think the prognosis is worthy of being the first headline on Talksport hourly news update, not just yet anyway.