Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted

" Piers Corbyn, of WeatherAction, said: “We are expecting at least three weeks of very cold, severe weather. The country should be prepared for disruption.â€"

We are are we?

Well I'm expecting Ellie from Countryfile to rock up at mine with a case of St Austell Proper Job in one hand and Twister in the other, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's imminent.

...It will happen one day though and when it does my subscribers will feel justified that they haven't thrown all their hard earned cash away.

• Like 1

Posted

Piers Corbyn, forecaster for WeatherAction, said: “The massive storm heading for Britain will bring blizzard conditions for most parts and damaging gales or storms widely. “This will probably be the most extreme five days of snow blizzards and and gales in Britain and Ireland for 100 years, being more severe than the worst events of December 2010.†The eye of the system, which will pass over the north of Britain on Wednesday, has a pressure of 952mb and will rival the historic storm of 1987 which was driven by a low of 951mb.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/545366/Storm-weather-UK-forecast-hurricane-winds-blizzards-hits-Atlantic

Well he is already wrong on that score,   The fax chart for 12 today had it at 942mb :D

• Like 1

Posted

The media are loving this 'weather-bomb' nonsense. We used to call it 'a storm' when I was a lad

At least they haven't put it down to a nuclear-powered headless mutant spawn of climate change.... or have they??

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

Does any body think the reports last week of this year being the hottest on record was a bit premiture? If it isn't I wonder if they will report it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Any chance the Express offices could be struck by the full force of the 'Weather Bomb'!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Does any body think the reports last week of this year being the hottest on record was a bit premiture? If it isn't I wonder if they will report it.

Not a cold outlook, rather mild in fact, so the warmest year looks nailed.

Posted

Who is this inappropriately  cheery and informal guy doing the BBC's weather forecast tonight? Most unprofessional I've ever seen. I want to know what the weather is going to be like not told to treat the high street as a catwalk, when to do my Christmas shopping and that you think cold weather is beautiful (17:57 and 18:27).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Who is this inappropriately  cheery and informal guy doing the BBC's weather forecast tonight? Most unprofessional I've ever seen. I want to know what the weather is going to be like not told to treat the high street as a catwalk, when to do my Christmas shopping and that you think cold weather is beautiful (17:57 and 18:27).

It was Tomasz Schafernaker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Now The Mirror getting in on the act, quoting our favourite weather expert.  

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-country-set-worst-4797980

But will a more Left leaning newspaper get the same animosity towards it as the express does on here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Another mild one then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Why are the Mirror giving that scaremongering fantasist Madden the oxygen of publicity? The man is a complete bell whiff, incapable of finding his own barse with both hands.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Made me smile when they quoted Madden as "I don't like saying this" as if he is genuinely concerned about the affects on Joe Public of the information he was giving.

For someone who has made a career from unfounded sensationalism I think we was slightly misquoted and actually said "I'm really enjoying stating this crap especially when the reality will no doubt be mild and mediocre, now where do I sent my invoice to"

• Like 1

Posted

Madden needs sectioning as does Corbyn

Both make a living out of scaring old people into panic buying by peddling over the top nonsense

It is looking like it will turn a lot colder in the new year, and yes snow does sound very likely at some point, but 5ft is just ridiculous nonsense

Posted

Now the Daily Fail is at it, quoting that fantasist

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2872327/Colder-Lapland-Britain-plunge-8C-tomorrow-coldest-day-year-far.html

5ft of snow

madden is the David Icke of weather forecasting, a complete raving lunatic it's ridiculous how the papers believe every word of his

Posted

Bring back Dan Corbett :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Exacta weather Extra is here yes you can now view the weather charts on his site just like these 2 below

7fe32dae0037e092b09aa54ef5f3a8f4.jpg0301891819c0596a105edaabb9cbb0f9.jpg

Anyone who fancies joining must pay £24.99 for a year or £49.99 life time after the first 100 subscribers the prices rise to £49.99 and £199.99 respectively

We use our own solar methodology and forecast systems to produce these unique weather charts, which will forecast accurate weather conditions and solar periods for up to 30 days ahead for the UK and Ireland. More often than not, our long and short range forecasts differ to those of conventional meteorology until they adjust their outlooks nearer the time, and these projections will have already been incorporated within our 30 day ahead weather charts and made available to full subscribers of Exacta Weather Extra to get you ahead of the weather.

http://www.exactaweather.com/Exacta_Weather_Extra.html

Posted

Well I do have to say that they will be correct for our part of the world.

How much you say, i think I'll join as they seem to have a finger dead on the pulse for our area so look quite a reliable source,

Got to rush so I get my less than 100 discount.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Events

Exacta weather Extra is here yes you can now view the weather charts on his site just like these 2 below

I genuinely thought that was a joke until I clicked the link!

Posted

Anyone who fancies joining must pay £24.99 for a year or £49.99 life time after the first 100 subscribers the prices rise to £49.99 and £199.99 respectively

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Posted

Meh! I'm going to buy two subscriptions while they're still cheap!