Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just read his post, wow. What an arrogant so and so. 

If there were not media organisations that promote his rubbish then his name and organisation would not get such a headway in this field. He is a complete drivel spewing nobody and should be regarded as such. But alas scare stories sell papers.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I did come across this page when looking for his fb page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Exacta-Weather-the-truth-behind-the-headlines/231254790375886

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

http://eveningharold.com/2013/11/14/long-range-weather-forecaster-predicts-flurry-of-publicityapocalypse/

Great journalism..... :clap: pmsl

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Exacta-Weather-the-truth-behind-the-headlines/231254790375886

:good:

James Madden, of Exacta Weather, has a proud track record of accurately predicting the weather before it happens. Just last week, after several days of solid rain, he forecasted that it would “probably rain again tomorrow†and was then proved to be 100% correct the next day. It is this incredible accuracy belly-laugh.gif

that has sparked a panic among many people.

“My previous forecasts and results speak for themselves and I am very confident in my predictions for the level of publicity that this latest forecast will bring me.†said Madden, “What everybody needs to do is stay calm :blink2: , visit my website every single day, click on some of the adverts that are on there, and prepare themselves for the worst winter since the

dinosaurs walked the earth.†:crazy:

Made my night.... THANKS!

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Good that Ed,A place to comment on his antics of taking money off mugs for headline grabbing forecasts.

He pinches other peoples ideas and knowledge and tries to make money out of it.

What a piece of work he is.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Get ready folks the first blast of winter is on its way as day time temperatures plummet to 13c and overnight temperatures in Scotland drop to -5c on Wednesday

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/530728/Winter-temperature-plunge-minus-4C

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Get ready folks the first blast of winter is on its way as day time temperatures plummet to 13c and overnight temperatures in Scotland drop to -5c on Wednesday

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/530728/Winter-temperature-plunge-minus-4C

I actually struggle to hold in chuckles when reading express weather stories. I read them in a sort of movie trailer tone voice in my head.

Winter is coming: Temperatures set to plunge to -4C as Britain gets first arctic blast

No Mr Rao and Madden, it's called late Autumn... :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Chris K

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I wonder if we'll ever see a paper with the headline of 'Cold weather coming, minus temperatures overnight, all quite normal for winter'?

It seems the need to have drama at everything is getting worse. Today the mail were trying to make a 'go around' that an aircraft performs when the pilot doesn't feel it is safe to land and are performed fairly regularly, seem like he passengers were on a death ride from hell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Much as I do enjoy a bit of Extpress bashing, maybe it was around this time four years ago, after the "bbq summer" was a washout and the previous "mild winter" turned out to be the coldest for 31 years, that newspapers thought they might as well go with the likes of Mad 'Un rather than the Met Office....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/8090325/Met-Office-data-suggests-mild-winter-but-dont-forget-last-year.html

Met Office data suggests mild winter but don't forget last year
By Andy Bloxham

7:30AM BST 28 Oct 2010

Edited by Timmytour
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers, cold winters

Independent has an article on " a month of storms and heavy rain to batter Britain" this was on 9/11/14

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Express at it again

Stormy run-up to Christmas with two months of washout as temperature dips to -10C

BRITAIN will be battered by rain storms in the run-up to Christmas before temperatures plummet to -10C in the New Year, the Met Office says. Its three-month forecast, used by councils, Government, transport and emergency services chiefs, blames the stormy washouts on pressure changes in the North Atlantic which will bring powerful jet stream winds. So much rain is expected in November and December that, even including drier spells predicted in January, the whole three months could be a lot wetter than average. By late December, westerly Atlantic winds are set to fade, bringing drier, but chillier, weather.

The January chills are likely to be ushered in by negative pressure that often brings biting easterly winds from Russia. In December 2010 they caused the big freeze, dubbed the ‘Beast from the East’ that saw temperatures dip as low as -10C. Chills will come as a shock after last winter, which was named the fifth warmest on record, with the highest minimum temperatures recorded for 50 years. This autumn has also been warmer that usual. The Met Office report stated: “There is a clear shift towards wetter-than-average conditions. Spells of wet and windy weather may be more frequent than is typical.â€

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/533106/Storms-Britain-temperatures-10c-Met-Office

The lack of quotation marks says it all really..............

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Another pile of crap by the Daily Fail. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

It's a pity there's no law which would allow prosecution for gross misrepresentation of the facts.

• Like 2

Posted

It's a pity there's no law which would allow prosecution for gross misrepresentation of the facts.

Yes TM, Totally agree there. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Todays daily Mirror headline on page 9 is for two weeks of heavy

Rain and flooding, followed by the beast from the East to bring

In the new year, however they failed to mention the six weeks

In between

C.s

Posted

Todays daily Mirror headline on page 9 is for two weeks of heavy

Rain and flooding, followed by the beast from the East to bring

In the new year, however they failed to mention the six weeks

In between

C.s

One minute its going to be the worst winter ever from what the papers are saying and folk are taking notice as a lot of my friends keep saying wow we're in for a real bad winter must get winter tyres sorted. Then this morning on the local radio station they said the meto say its going to be wet windy and mild for the winter, no ones got a bloody clue. People like to prepare at this time of year with the Christmas holidays coming up and having to travel may be to see family and friends. :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

One minute its going to be the worst winter ever from what the papers are saying and folk are taking notice as a lot of my friends keep saying wow we're in for a real bad winter must get winter tyres sorted. Then this morning on the local radio station they said the meto say its going to be wet windy and mild for the winter, no ones got a bloody clue. People like to prepare at this time of year with the Christmas holidays coming up and having to travel may be to see family and friends. :cc_confused:

These kind of headlines sell papers though.

keep following this fantastic forum, if cold weather and snow

is on the cards you will be the first to know

c.s

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Feeling angry at this Met Office press release here:

Typhoon Haiyan - One Year on

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2014/typhoon-haiyan

9 percent increase in forecast accuracy

The thing is with this Typhoon, and Katrina in 2005, people had days and days of warning time

NHC had the track of Katrina nailed a good number of days before landfall

Those that could afford to evacuate will have done so

If a storm as powerful as Haiyan should strike again, i still think a lot of lives will be lost, and buildings destroyed

There is really little can be done when talking about these perfect monster storms

There are personal reasons why people may chose to stay and not leave

1) Pets (they will not abandon them)

2) Emotional attachement to their house

3) The fear of looters

4) They believe they can ride out the storm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

now this wet and windy winter we are about to face from some of the media. the met office put out an article yesterday. for those of you haven't seen the article here it is.

There are some headlines in the media today which suggest the UK faces another stormy start to winter before conditions turn cold into January, based on the latest Met Office three month outlook for contingency planners.

As we’ve discussed previously, the outlook is not like a normal weather forecast. It’s an experimental and complex outlook based on probabilities which is designed specifically for those who plan ahead for various contingencies based on possible likelihoods.

It assesses the likelihood of five different scenarios for both temperature and rainfall for the whole of the UK for the whole three months, based on the most probable prevailing weather patterns.

It’s a bit like the science-equivalent of factoring the odds on a horse race and like any horse race, it’s always possible the favourite won’t win.

This is why the outlook has to be used in the right context. So it’s useful for contingency planners, but not that useful for the public who want to know when we might see unsettled weather or which weekend looks good for an outdoor event.

What does the current outlook say?

Our latest three-month outlook suggests an increased risk of milder and wetter than average conditions for the period November-December-January based on our seasonal forecasts and those from other leading centres around the world.

It states "For November-December-January above-average UK-mean temperatures are more likely than below-average" and "Latest predictions for UK-mean precipitation favour near- or above-average rainfall for November-December-January"

However, there are still substantial probabilities that either average or cool/dry conditions may occur. This is because there are many competing factors that determine what our weather will be like in the coming months.

Some more context on the outlook

The outlook suggests the continuing risk of our weather coming in from the Atlantic, which brings unsettled conditions, during the first part of the three month period.

This is a fairly normal set up for the time of year, when we do expect unsettled weather, but the outlook does suggest that "spells of wet and windy weather may be more frequent than is typical".

As the outlook covers the transition from autumn into winter, there can be big changes in how UK weather is influenced by prevailing weather patterns during the period. Confidence in how the weather patterns will develop later in the period reduces and this is reflected in the outlook when it states "the risk of occasional colder outbreaks increases later in the period."

As always our forecasts and warnings will highlight the detail of any severe weather when it is expected, enabling everyone to take action based on the best forecasts available. If there is evidence of any severe weather further ahead than 5 days, we will signal this as far ahead as possible through our monthly outlook – which is updated daily. So lets wait and see. Mods remove if needs be. thanks.

Posted

I refuse to provide a link to the newspaper in question as the more of us that visit their website, the more revenue they generate to continue paying their under qualified, over oxygenated, crackpot gaggle of so called 'journalists' (should read: numpties) to keep spouting this utter tripe, so I will just leave you with the headline:

POLAR VORTEX WARNING: Latest winter weather models show UK faces MONTHS of heavy snow

*sigh*

And they still can't get their tiny little brains around the fact that Judah Cohen is neither Italian nor an author of the OPI.

What irritates me about this constant barrage of bull**** is this - if I went and published a story which suggested David Cameron, Ed Milliband and Nick Clegg had spent a romantic night together, I would likely be taken to court for defamation of character and numerous other charges, when in all reality all I have done is print the same sort of story the likes of these tabloid newspapers have been printing for years now. Yet as soon as anyone approaches such organisations about their actions all they have to say is 'freedom of the press' and off they go on their merry little way.

Anyway, it is what it is - as for madden (amazed that's not in the swear filter yet), I think if we all donated £5 we could afford a pretty good straight jacket to put him in to prevent him from being able to communicate this nonsense year after year

SK

Edited by snowking
  • Like 4

That might be Rao's most sensational weather article yet. Up there with his article about Earth being destroyed by an undiscovered asteroid belt. Why doesn't he just say the universe is going to explode tomorrow and be done with it.

Edited by Bobby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That might be Rao's most sensational weather article yet. Up there with his article about Earth being destroyed by an undiscovered asteroid belt. Why doesn't he just say the universe is going to explode tomorrow and be done with it.

Certainly up there, but then we should be used to the over sensationalist and untrue Garbage by now! Disgraceful that its allowed still and no press regulation with Weather Articles..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Why the weather?   Why not the occasional headline that says POLICE WARN M1 MAY BE SHUT AT SOME TIME IN THE NEXT MONTH DUE TO A COLLISION INVOLVING AT LEAST  5 VEHICLES and then go onto to suggest that a number of people could die and it might be better for folks to avoid it altogether?

Absolute rubbish of course, but with a greater degree of potential accuracy than the crappy weather headlines!