Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Never mind the rest of December. This rag have it all worked out... LOL !!

Posted ImageBamFe7pIMAAV9Xt.jpg

Sam's dressed for the weather

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I have to admit, Jo - when Tony put that page up, I didn't even look at the headline!!

• Like 2

Posted

That's why you won't see her in the Mail or Express I guess?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Wrap up very warm! Snow and Arctic winds set to hit the nation tomorrow

BRITAIN is on alert for Arctic storms ­ripping across the country tomorrow as winter roars in. Up to 10 inches of snow could hit parts of the exposed North with bitterly cold gusts of almost 100mph over high ground, said forecasters. The Met Office issued severe weather warnings for violent gales across much of the UK plus a snow alert in Scotland until Friday. The whole of Britain could see snow flurries by the end of the week. With windchill, overnight temperatures could plunge to -11C (12F) in parts of the North over the next few days while dipping to -5C in the South, including London.

Met Office spokeswoman Nicky Maxey said an Atlantic depression will move in tonight with 90mph gusts in the North. She said: “This could lead to travel disruption especially across Scotland, northern England and Northern Ireland. “Large waves may also cause flooding in Orkney and the Western Isles and along the East coast of England. “Everywhere is going to experience a very short cold snap.†Other experts predicted gusts of up to 100mph over Scottish mountains ­tomorrow and up to 10 inches of snow over very high ground in the North. Jonathan Powell, of Vantage Weather Services, said: “The full force of the Arctic blast is set to hit on Thursday. “The odd snow flurry could be seen ­almost anywhere.†Coral cut odds of snow in ­central London this weekend to 5-1. Spokeswoman Nicola McGeady said: “With temperatures set to plummet, we have had an avalanche of bets on a white weekend.â€

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/446645/Wrap-up-very-warm-Snow-and-Arctic-winds-set-to-hit-the-nation-tomorrow

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Wrap up very warm! Snow and Arctic winds set to hit the nation tomorrow

I think the comments after every one of these crazy headlines are funnier than the articles. No one at the Daily Express obviously reads them as they say so much that we wouldn't here!

Do they actually believe what they write, or do they just not care?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

Never mind the rest of December. This rag have it all worked out... LOL !!

Posted ImageBamFe7pIMAAV9Xt.jpg

lol wut Posted Image Posted Image how vague is that..more evidence of hysterical tabloid meeja reporting I see. Posted Image

right that's it..no one is to go outside for 30 YEARS. best wait until those KILLER STORMS have gone.

Posted

Arctic snow storm to roar in today with 100mph winds

AN ARCTIC storm threatens to cause chaos today with gales, heavy snow and blizzards.  Winds of up to 100mph are set to batter the North, with 70mph gusts expected elsewhere. Laura Young, of The Met Office, warned last night: “The worst of the winds are going to hit in the early hours of Thursday, although it will remain blustery after then.†Forecaster Jo Farrow, of Netweather, said “the floodgates will open†for cold Arctic air to sweep across the UK.  She added: “There will be severe gales and damaging gusts followed by a bitterly cold wind bringing snow showers.†Temperatures are expected to fall to freezing in the South with lows of -5C (23F) in the North before the weekend.

Jonathan Powell, of Vantage Weather Services, said: “A blast from the Arctic regions is set to hit the UK today, with the North taking the brunt of it. “We could see 10 inches of snow in parts of the North as this Arctic storm takes hold.†Bookmakers Coral have cut odds of snow in central London before midnight Sunday to 6-1.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/446858/Arctic-snow-storm-to-roar-in-today-with-100mph-winds

Posted

The Times is a little more circumspect. Just a snippet.

The worst tidal surge in 60 years could hit the East Coast today, the Environment Agency has said, as wintry conditions arrive across Britain.

A combination of high tides, low pressure and gale-force winds means that communities from Northumberland to Kent are being warned to prepare for floods as high as those in 1953, when coastal areas were devastated across eastern England.

At the same time, the Met Office issued a weather alert to northern Scotland where as much as 20cm of snow was predicted in upland areas.

The tidal surge of 1953 caused widespread damage, with sea levels rising almost 6m above the average in some areas. More than 300 people died as a result, and one of the consequences of the natural disaster was the construction of the Thames Barrier.

The Environment Agency said that thanks to such improved defences today’s flooding was expected to be nowhere near as catastrophic, but it still gave warning that people should stay away from beaches and seafronts.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/weather/article3940138.ece

Posted

James Madden still claiming on his FB page that a 'widespread snow event' has occurred, as predicted 8 months ago. ;-)

Did he mention the wind and flooding? I think that may have been a bit more prominent weather-wise

Posted

James Madden still claiming on his FB page that a 'widespread snow event' has occurred, as predicted 8 months ago. ;-)

Had to laugh when I saw that and looked at the pics

Friday afternoon/evening is also now showing some quite extensive and widespread snow showers

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

By that pic we also now know where he is based, Lancaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Looking at December as a whole I think madden is going to have to take some grief he said widespread heavy snowfall for dec. in fact it's looking the complete opposite mild and dry. He really does take the biscuit.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

He also says he doesn't have to update his forecasts every day, 'like the Met Office do'. So, when a forecast goes spectacularly wrong, he won't bite the bullet, admit it and move on, he'll just insist he was right anyway, no matter how stupid it makes him look. That's what is going to happen this December with his Snowmageddon prophesies.. 

I was just looking at his twitter feed, last tweet was two days ago and so was this one ..

Exacta Weather (@Exacta_Weather) tweeted at 7:08 PM on Tue, Dec 03, 2013:
Is this a 'widespread' enough snow event?

post-15177-0-05004400-1386334903_thumb.j

I lolled!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I do apologise if this link has been posted before, i did try a search but nothing came back.

http://eveningharold.com/2013/11/14/long-range-weather-forecaster-predicts-flurry-of-publicityapocalypse/#more-88407

Haha 

James Madden, of Exacta Weather, has a proud track record of accurately predicting the weather before it happens. Just last week, after several days of solid rain, he forecasted that it would “probably rain again tomorrow†and was then proved to be 100% correct the next day. It is this incredible accuracy that has sparked a panic among many people.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Again here, the comments after the article are more worthy of a read!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/447094/Britain-is-swamped-as-killer-storm-triggers-massive-tidal-surges

I do apologise if this link has been posted before, i did try a search but nothing came back.

http://eveningharold.com/2013/11/14/long-range-weather-forecaster-predicts-flurry-of-publicityapocalypse/#more-88407

Haha 

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Daily Express and Star both have weather stories on the front page again

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im more interested in the sun's story on pages 8-9Posted Image

Edited by cheeky_monkey

Posted

James Madden continuously told us we are in for a severe winter ect, now he's saying this mild spell was noted in his long range forecasts!! 

MILD WEATHER??? & WILL WINTER BEGIN ON CUE?The period of mild weather that is about to develop was noted within our long range forecasts for December to subscribers for this period (normal winter conditions). However, the projected mild weather will not be as extensive as it is currently being projected elsewhere.A new update will follow on this after the weekend @ http://www.exactaweather.com/UK_Long_Range_Forecast.htmlThe Met Office may well be suggesting a run of mild temperatures, but it was only in their forecast from 16 days ago, that they were forecasting a colder than average December @ http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/media/pdf/s/c/A3_plots-temp-DJF.pdfThey will soon change their minds again (as per usual)!

Remember Mr Madden was also forecasting a below average month

Just seen this front page - looks like the MET OFFICE finally agree with my forecast from 8 months ahead for December and this winterTOMORROW'S DAILY EXPRESS FRONT PAGE"MET OFFICE" WARNS NEW ICY BLAST WILL GO INTO NEW YEAR ON FRONT PAGEWhy now after articles such as this?http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/Met-Office-blasts-weather-reports-8220-worst/story-19934266-detail/story.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Madden has some cheek saying that the Met Office change their minds (as usual)! since when did Madden say we would have a mild spell in December? unless he issues so many forecasts i.e. one 6 months ahead, 3 months ahead, a seasonal forecast, A snow armageddon one etc. all varying in nature so he has to be right with one of them!  Who in their right mind would subscribe to his nonsense?    

• Like 2

Posted

Also by the way note how all the papers/tabloids concentrate wholly on the flooding and the winds and absolutely nothing on the supposed 'Arctic Blast' with no mention at all of snow, completely forgotten about not even a photo on Aviemore as if nothing major happened at all other than the 100mph gust recorded on the Cairngorms.

Posted

Well I for one fell for the headlines..I've stockpiled enough gingsters to last until at least March. Before the drizzle returns with a vengeance and a flat calm NE wind is bloweth..

Off for a bite BRB...chicken and mushroom'll do Posted Image

Gingster's anytime of the year not just for when it's cold...but please don't mention the pyramidal nougat and chocolate confectionery.  

• Like 1

Posted

Posted

Are our members from this thread contributing here I wonder????

https://twitter.com/ExpressNathan

Worst storm for 60 years leaves trail of destruction across Britain

I'm not sure how you rate it, but I suspect the '87 storm was worse in terms of damage, coverage and unfortunately loss of life, so is that a true reflection?

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Many storms have been a lot worse wind wise the thing with this one was the surge.

In any case the last thing the express bother about is a true reflection.

Edited by TonyH