Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and dry. Snow would be good though.

I just saw all those Fb links to a white christmas.. Oh well time to clean up the BBQ for a burger come the 25th Dec then!!

I love reading the forecasts here and try my best to understand them. But I am sticking with my local hardware store owner for future forecasts.

He never bulk buys anything except in the winter of 2010 / 2011 when he brought a pallet of salt, and a truck load of shovels and sledges.

We all said he was silly. I had to eat my hat as I purchased some of his bulk buys!

So until he bulk buys again I'm keeping some burgers on hand for a Yellow and blue christmas.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Yeah I saw that on Facebook just now!! What a load of crap... 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britain-set-white-christmas-36-6659114?ICID=FB_mirror_main

How disappointing they are only forecasting 36 days of snow....the experts at the Express told us 4 months

:rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

Total waste of wood pulp,  don't understand why people still buy them.

Posted

How disappointing they are only forecasting 36 days of snow....the experts at the Express told us 4 months

:rofl:

if i only get 35 days of snow, I will not be happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Does anybody know if that was 36 days of continuous snowfall, or is it going to be spread out over the winter?  :rofl:

Posted

Does anybody know if that was 36 days of continuous snowfall, or is it going to be spread out over the winter?  :rofl:

The way I read it is across the whole winter

Weather experts say that there will be 36 days of snow or ice across the winter months, with harsh temperature lows of -16C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Why would the UK bear the brunt :unknw:FIERCE FRIGID SIBERIAN FREEZE FORECAST TO PLUNGE UK INTO THREE MONTH FREEZER I don't have a link for that because I just made it up. :oops::sorry: belongs in the 'breaking news' thread in the lounge. :oops:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

It isn`t very often you see the bbc forecast have differing scenarios in the broadcasts... heres tonight rendition for the rest of the week and then the grey areas for further into the outlook . 

Published 9pm tonight 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/34577548

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

You have to rank the accuracy of Daily Express forecasts as being around the same level as the popularity in Scotland of Rugby Union referee Craig Joubert...... http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/613168/UK-long-range-winter-weather-forecast-2015-snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

My local farmer/firewood supplier is overjoyed, people ordering four or five times more logs than usual and it isn't even winter yet....

Posted

I read somewhere of temps around -250 c and 1200 metres of snow this winter ...

no that happened last year. its going to be even colder this year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

I read somewhere of temps around -250 c and 1200 metres of snow this winter ...

So this is the Ice Age that all the papers are predicting :cold:  :D

C.S

Posted

And this comment has it nailed... "James Madden, forecaster for Exacta Weather, said the winter outlook has worsened...."

OH NO  :whistling: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
“December in itself may then follow on with a rather mixed theme of colder and milder interludes before an increase in severity of some exceptional cold and snow in the final part of the month and for prolonged periods throughout January and into February due to prolonged blocking patterns that will refuse to shift.

This quote from Madden......three guesses what he's predicting here....almost to a tee

BFTP

• Like 1

Posted

As Private Frazer said on many occasions

6a00d83452654869e200e55282a3988834.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow. snow and more snow

Regarding madden. Is it just me, or does everyone else feel the need to click on the link and read even though we all know it's a load of rubbish? And surely when we click on the link that's good for the express? If so, then maybe that's why they continue to print the nonsense. What's really worrying though is that virtually every paper , even local ones, now seem to be following. Added to that is the fact that some genuine quotes are used out of context, but joe public does not notice that, they just blame the real forecasters when the weather fails to live up to the hype. Rant over!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Its the Super Nino will bring winter chaos.......I remember doing some correlation to Nino through 20th century....and gues what...there isn't one.  Mild average and cold equalled out over the century.  So something else had its say for sure

BFTP

• Like 1

Posted

Regarding madden. Is it just me, or does everyone else feel the need to click on the link and read even though we all know it's a load of rubbish? And surely when we click on the link that's good for the express? If so, then maybe that's why they continue to print the nonsense. What's really worrying though is that virtually every paper , even local ones, now seem to be following. Added to that is the fact that some genuine quotes are used out of context, but joe public does not notice that, they just blame the real forecasters when the weather fails to live up to the hype. Rant over!

Exactly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3282094/Bookies-slash-odds-white-Christmas-Snow-arrive-parts-country-week-recent-mild-weather-makes-way-out.html

Bookies slash odds of a white Christmas: Snow could arrive in some parts of the country this week as the recent mild weather makes its way out
  • Forecasters warn of frosty end to 2015, with snow as early as this week
  • Its led bookmakers to slash odds of snowfall on December 25 this year
  • Technical definition of White Christmas entails single snowflake on specific locations around country, including Buckingham Palace, London 
  • Met Offices says temperatures will plunge to lows of -4C in the north

Posted

Not a great deal has changed since last year....and the year before.....and the year before that....and so on

Rewind 12 months

expressagain.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!
Too much even for Siberia: Worst blizzard in 10yrs turns Omsk into huge snowball (PHOTOS)

5628b837c3618830028b45e4.jpg

The snow has gotten off to an incredible start in Siberia, where a record snowfall has paralyzed many areas of the city of Omsk, with thousands of drivers hopelessly stuck in hellish snowstorm traffic for hours.

• Like 3