Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted

Anyone interested in contacting Exacta Weather Services/James Madden for more information about his 'forecasting', the website is registered at:

23 Bay View Court,

Station Road,

Lancaster

LA1 5NL

07786 681278

It appears to be in an apartment block opposite Lancaster Railway Station  :closedeyes:

As much as I think Mr Madden is a charlatan I don't think his address should be posted on a public forum.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

As much as I think Mr Madden is a charlatan I don't think his address should be posted on a public forum.

Yes, im afraid that's the mob mentality of todays generation, jealously has a lot to do with it I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: erratic weather,week of v.heavy snow or cold

Met Office supercomputer confirmed http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-29789208. How to say a warm winter is coming but with more details!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

Err, it's his company's address. He is selling forecasts to the public from his website, therefore he needs to provide a company contact address.

https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses/overview

This should be on his website, but it isn't, so I've provided it here ;-)

No, what that government website says is that he has to display the business name and contact details, which he does - an email address. The company's "address" - and even then it's not quite clear that it has to be postal - only has to be communicated to the buyer after an order is placed.

I suppose you thought it was required to have his photo on his website, too, and were kindly providing that as well to help him comply with the law?

Whatever the man's failings, like others I do not find giving details like this very amusing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Doesn't he do that himself?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Express at it again

Britain to face ARCTIC WINTER as mild autumn triggers polar gales and heavy snow

Moved onto the OPI now

"the unusually mild autumn weather is an indicator of a harsh winter ahead"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/528643/Winter-2014-weather-warning-snow-arctic-freezing-temperatures-forecast

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I see your....

Global warming ‘will make our winters colder

And I give you

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/snowfalls-are-now-just-a-thing-of-the-past-724017.html

Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past

Proving that the weather can be blamed on global warming whatever it's doing! :)

• Like 3

Posted

Express at it again

Britain to face ARCTIC WINTER as mild autumn triggers polar gales and heavy snow

Moved onto the OPI now

"the unusually mild autumn weather is an indicator of a harsh winter ahead"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/528643/Winter-2014-weather-warning-snow-arctic-freezing-temperatures-forecast

:rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Heart FM in Yorkshire mentioned the Daily Star story. Nearly threw the radio at them....

Posted

Madden now claiming the media have misquoted the Met Office, and himself. Ha ha, the bloke is deluded. This will be his backtrack tactic as he's realised his predictions aren't going to come off. Arctic Blasts from October into November has now become mid-November onwards. In reality, temps are just going to return to near normal for November.

That would be good for him though - to link his company with the metoffice in any way raises it's profile.

Posted

Madden now claiming the media have misquoted the Met Office, and himself. Ha ha, the bloke is deluded. This will be his backtrack tactic as he's realised his predictions aren't going to come off. Arctic Blasts from October into November has now become mid-November onwards. In reality, temps are just going to return to near normal for November.

And they're the one's he predicted for last year! Better late than never?

Posted

Damn cold winter coming in europe ,Will UK be part of this forecast who knows ,early siberian snow bodes well for the rest of europe This is from DE Bilt swiss online

Meteorologists and weather enthusiasts agree: This winter is going to be damned cold. Responsible for this is the early snow in Siberia.â€

Blick describes how much of Siberia is already covered with snow, in some places by “up to a half meterâ€, and it’s only October. This claim is based on the latest NOAA snow cover data. The ECMWF also shows:

- See more at: http://notrickszone.com/2014/10/31/coming-europe-winter-meteorologists-agree-it-is-going-to-be-damned-cold-early-siberia-snow-bodes-ill/#sthash.PXfctUsr.dpuf

newspaper siberian-snow-nov-2-ecmwf_snowdepth_russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Brian Gaze on The Weather Outlook (TWO) going for milder and wetter than average winter this year. http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/twocontent.aspx?type=bg&id=2485

He's not going to get his name in the Daily Express with forecasts like that!!! :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

He's not going to get his name in the Daily Express with forecasts like that!!! :)

He might do if he was predicting ridiculous heat associated with an unforeseen doubling of solar heat and telling us we were going to have 100f in January!!!

Posted

Brian Gaze on The Weather Outlook (TWO) going for milder and wetter than average winter this year. http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoother/twocontent.aspx?type=bg&id=2485

I actually read the page and three things:

1) he clearly states this is not the forecast but early thoughts.

2) he doesn't really make any forecast.

3) your post misrepresents his thoughts at worst and paraphrases them poorly at best.

• Like 3

Posted

I actually read the page and three things:

1) he clearly states this is not the forecast but early thoughts.

2) he doesn't really make any forecast.

3) your post misrepresents his thoughts at worst and paraphrases them poorly at best.

Yes sorry I should have said it was his early thoughts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

He might do if he was predicting ridiculous heat associated with an unforeseen doubling of solar heat and telling us we were going to have 100f in January!!!

No he tends to leave that sort of thing to Ian Brown

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Express are at it again

Hotter than Spain to colder than Sweden: Britain set to plunge into Arctic Freeze

BRITAIN is going from hotter than Spain to colder than Sweden as temperatures plummet for Bonfire Night.  The Weather Channel said the Arctic chill would be a "shock to the system" after weeks of balmy autumn temperatures. Today saw freak November sunbathing as temperatures pushed 19C, nudging the hottest November 1 since records began 160 years ago. Temperatures were up to 7C above 12C November averages and hotter than 17C Leon, Spain. However, the Met Office forecasts that temperatures will fall to as low as 10C today, 13C tomorrow and a minimum daytime of 6C on Bonfire Night on Wednesday - colder than 13C Gothenburg, Sweden.

Arctic air will then chill Britain at night, with -3C lows predicted in Scotland and -1C in England on Tuesday and Wednesday night, with "sharp frosts" and snow on Scotland's Highlands. Wednesday is predicted to be mainly dry for the bonfire celebrations. It comes as scientists re-issued stark warnings ahead of what some have claimed is set to be the coldest winter for a century. They said a lengthy spell of extreme and potentially devastating weather is just around the corner partly thanks to the unusually mild autumn. Looking at air flow in the upper atmosphere to produce an index called the October Pattern Index (OPI ) experts have said everything points towards a negative Arctic Oscillation this winter. The resulting weak jet stream, which usually holds the cold at bay over the North Pole, will give way to a blast of freezing air which will sweep across the UK.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/530293/Arctic-weather-Britain-freezing-temperature-bonfire-night

Posted

^^ Are we all going to die? again! :rofl:

Edited by Mrs Trellis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Meandering Jetstream....expect more colder and warmer than episodes...many more

BFTP

Posted

Nice to see Madden is promoting the netweather forecast for the upcoming winter on his facebook page !

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Nice to see Madden is promoting the netweather forecast for the upcoming winter on his facebook page !

Ha. I was studying the strat whilst he was still in nappies. The cheek of the guy!

• Like 6