Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Having searched around it appears the story which did the rounds on Facebook on Monday and Tuesday came from the Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-weather-warning-snow-expected-3010414

• Like 1

Posted

The way some threads are ramping up, a winter big freeze warning is going to be printed sooner rather than later!

I'm surprised we haven't had one yet, the Express can't be far away now............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but soggy wetness

I'm surprised we haven't had one yet, the Express can't be far away now............

Too late - see todays Express for further enlightenment

Winter 2014 set to be 'coldest for century' Britain faces ARCTIC FREEZE in just weeks

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Addictive and probably carcinogenic: scientist reveals dangers of Daily Mail

While many view the Daily Mail as a harmless, recreational newspaper, a newly published study definitively absolutely 100% proves it is actually highly addictive, causes mental judgement problems and damages health. http://www.theguardian.com/science/brain-flapping/2014/oct/07/addictive-carcinogenic-daily-mail-spoof

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Getting tiresome now. Wish everyone would boycott this stupid excuse of a paper.

Posted

:rofl:

1920590_779094368802745_1924986382413534

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Too late - see todays Express for further enlightenment

Winter 2014 set to be 'coldest for century' Britain faces ARCTIC FREEZE in just weeks

Someone posted that article on my fb page last night. I had to tell them it was a load of s#ite. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Someone posted that article on my fb page last night. I had to tell them it was a load of s#ite. :rolleyes:

Oh....you've ruined my autumn!!!

:nonono:

BFTP

Posted

Teesside could facing its coldest winter for decades - but will it be worse than THIS?

A ‘horror freeze’ is predicted as forecasters warn the UK to brace itself for one of the coldest winters in decades - so could Teesside be set for its chilliest conditions on record? The last time our area REALLY struggled to cope with extremes in winter weather was around November and December 2010, as seen in our gallery. November of that year came as a rare, record-breaking winter blast to hundreds of thousands of Teessiders. Plunging temperatures and heavy snowfall closed scores of schools and left commuters to battling to get to work. And, according to the Met Office, Teesside witnessed its heaviest snowfall for the month since 1965. The new reports are based on forecasts from Vantage Weather warning the UK is set for a ‘horror freeze’, bringing fierce winds and blizzards.

The predicted cold weather is being blamed on the jet stream which is expected to be stuck south of the UK, allowing a continual flow of freezing Arctic air. However the Met Office has not commented on this outlook as yet. It says from Tuesday until October 23 that temperatures will be near or slightly below normal - with frost possible in the north. The Met Office’s UK outlook from Friday, October 24 until Friday, November 7 is that “autumnal, changeable conditions are likely to continue for many through the end of October and the beginning of Novemberâ€.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/teesside-could-set-coldest-winter-7914999

Posted

I find it so frustrating when overhearing the public taking these headlines as "fact" to the point of them whittling/worrying. Especially the elderly.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted

Just watched Countryfile forecast....Tomasz Schafernaker...using Joe Bartewardi's line...enjoy the weather whatever you got coz its the only weather you got

BFTP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

He goes by the name of Levi Winchester now.

Different name same irresponsible muppet.

Posted

Nathan Rao back with his usual OOT stories worst storm in years ect obviously forgetting what the UK had last 'winter'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/524703/Hurricane-Gonzalo-weather-warning-UK-hit-hours

Posted

Nathan Rao back with his usual OOT stories worst storm in years ect obviously forgetting what the UK had last 'winter'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/524703/Hurricane-Gonzalo-weather-warning-UK-hit-hours

Netweather said: “Northern blocking is still shown to be in place into December, and that equates to forecast temperatures that are close to or slightly below-average across the UK.†Loving that last quote from someone here !!!! :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: 

Edited by jembutler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Events

I was just having a nice look around the Internet when I stumbled on this from the 9th October:

http://www.abc2news.com/weather/weather-blogs/october-pattern-index-says-very-cold-winter-ahead

I find the whole OPI thing very interesting and I'm looking forward to more info on it in the future, but to say the US is in for another severe winter based on what looks like 7 days of OPI data seems a bit crazy.

At least it's not just us lot on this side of the Atlantic that have to put up with alarmist weather headlines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Couldn't resist putting out a little reply on Twitter this morning....

RT @ExpressNathan X factor is PAINFUL tonight. Shocking.>>>As bad as your weather forecast stories then??? #hundreddaysofsnow

Edited by Timmytour
  • Like 2

Posted

He got it right though, the contestants were generally awful and shows what the show really is...karaoke wannabees

BFTP

• Like 5