Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather in the general media (Newspaper features etc)

Posted

Gavin thing could still change fast i seen that happening so media could be worng

This is what can make our weather so interesting how it can change so quick but i dont think that will be the case this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Who watched channel four programme tonight? It was called 2011 the year the earth went wild. No channel four. 2011 the year the media went wild and reported on every earth and weather disaster possible.

You know it must be a sensationalism programme when they use the apprentice presenter to tell the story. Who saw it?

Posted

It won't be a white christmas after all, this comes 24hrs after the papers said it would be,

And what's the betting 90% of the population still won't lean :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

So whose wishcast were the papers following for this particular bit of nonsense?

No doubt, whoever was responsible will try to claim it was the MetO!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Who needs the media when your workmates are predicting apocalyptical weather every week?

'We're getting really bad snow at the end of the week. I'd advise you to get supplies in!'

Me: Oh really, where did you hear that?

'Oh nowhere, i just know it's going to happen, i can feel it'

Other co-worker: You've said the same thing for the last month now.

'Yes, but this week it's really going to happen'

Co-worker 3: What's going to happen?

'Really bad snow at the end of the week, there's going to be panic buying!'

Co-worker 3: Oh I best go tell the other office!

Me and co-worker 2 glance at eachother despairingly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Posted

I asked ExactaWeather (James Madden) where this White Christmas had gone. I received this in response.....

"Thank you for contacting Exacta Weather.

Exacta Weather is a voluntary service. Due to the large volume of requests that we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every request we receive. We will however endeavour to reply to as many requests as possible.

ExactaWeather.com"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

Lol nice one...how he is going to wriggle his way out of this one is beyond me.

Noticed how they talked about the huge snowfalls in the UK and North west Europe - but wasn't that in December last year, I then turned over...

Sally Traffic on radio 2 has just informed us that a lorry has shot it load over the motorway, maybe the weather has something to do with this so the predictions of huge snowfalls may still be true, but i'll wait until i hear it from daybreak before i believe anything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lol nice one...how he is going to wriggle his way out of this one is beyond me.

Blame the Met Office?

Posted

Pffft, how can they feel sane publishing a forecast for the next twelve months? What an absolute load of tosh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

If anyone want's a laugh read this

http://www.thesun.co...r-for-2012.html

:rolleyes:

Yep, bless dear old BWS, after spending 90 days knocking other forecasts and accusing them of just trying to get in the press. Still I'm sure one of our regular campaigners against long range forecasters will start a thread to keep this in the public eye...

Posted

Sally Traffic on radio 2 has just informed us that a lorry has shot it load over the motorway, maybe the weather has something to do with this so the predictions of huge snowfalls may still be true, but i'll wait until i hear it from daybreak before i believe anything

Hi Bill, well with the magnificent Volvo FM12 now out on the roads with Air suspension, double drive axle and limited slip diffierential at each wheel it's no wonder other lorries are shooting their loads then again it could be an isolated snowfall (hardly likely).

As for The Sun 2012 outlook, as said just trying to get his name in lights (John Kettley that is).

Happy christmasses to you!

Edited by Timmy H

Posted

Latest article, from the BBC comparing now to this time last year,

http://www.bbc.co.uk...reland-16332937

After today they won't be able to compare it as Boxing Day 2010 was the last day of the severe cold, but I'm wondering whether they will make false comparisons saying the cold was still there "this time last year", even after tomorrow when it began to warm up.

Edited by Tellow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

I asked ExactaWeather (James Madden) where this White Christmas had gone. I received this in response.....

"Thank you for contacting Exacta Weather.

Exacta Weather is a voluntary service. Due to the large volume of requests that we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every request we receive. We will however endeavour to reply to as many requests as possible.

ExactaWeather.com"

Sunday 25th December 2011

The mild weather that the models predicted for Christmas Day won over in the end, dashing any hopes of a white Christmas across many parts of the UK. I generally don't tend to pay much attention to what the models are saying when I issue my forecasts, which has proven successful for me within my past forecasts to date, when the models and others organisations have proved inaccurate. (See Accuracy Page Here)

However, my chosen methods of analysis have proven to be unsuccessful on this occasion. This forecasting error will also be reflected upon in the final winter outcome and placed on the Exacta Weather accuracy page too. I will however continue to use the same methodology that has served me pretty well to date. I will also incorporate any new aspects of relevance from my future research into my forecasts, of which I will always offer as a FREE long range weather forecast/forecast to the general public.

I have had a large quantity of emails asking me if the last two winters were simply one-offs, due to the milder conditions that we have been experiencing so far this winter?

Unfortunately the last two winters were not just one-off situations. Now although this statement will take some time to come to realisation for the warmists of this world, whilst they revel in their milder Christmas conditions. The next two to three decades will see the UK experience much more frequent and harsher winters. This is also one particular area that I have strongly emphasised on since 2009, and that I will also continue to emphasise on more in any of my future updates and findings.

As I have stated many times before, I never expected December to be the worst month of this winter in meteorological terms. I have also stated that I expect these conditions to prevail as we head into January and February.

January certainly looks promising for this at present, in terms of some true cold and snow across Scotland and northern regions of the UK. Although once again there is likely to be some periods of moderation at times, and this is most likely to be reflected in any areas further south.

February should prevail further in comparison to January, and this is when I feel we are likely to see the most severe part of this winter. A cold start to spring 2012 is also possible, with some especially heavy and widespread snowfalls across Britain and parts of Ireland.

As I also stated in my 2nd September 2011 update that we could expect “a notable increase in usual wind strengths for this time of year across many parts of the UK, that will result in frequent and potentially damaging gale force winds and strong stormy features throughout autumn and WINTER.â€

I also stated on the same date that “Huge swirly low pressure systems also offer the potential for widespread disruption from heavy snowfall across many parts of the UK including the South.â€

Although confidence is medium range with the factors in Italics at present, these could also prove to be a frequent feature at times within the remainder of winter, and this is why I included this within my update on the 2nd September 2011 (before any other forecaster or weather organisation).

The winners of the white Christmas 2011 competition, will shortly be publicly announced on Exacta Weather and contacted accordingly. There was over 5000 entries in total!

James Madden (UK Long Range Forecaster)

ExactaWeather.com

Published: 25th December 2011 (22:18) GMT

Posted

Its not the first time John Kettley has made this type of prediciton. He did it about 10 years ago.

And did he get it right? :p

Posted

Its not the first time John Kettley has made this type of prediciton. He did it about 10 years ago.

Nice view from Bournemouth beach across to Old Harry rocks