Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase 2011 - Days 35 & 36 Discussion

Paul Sherman

Posted

Day 2 of Tour 4 looks like a marginal risk of something firing late along the Colorado and Kansas border, pretty much zero chance of Tornadoes for today but a little bit better for tomorrow in the same area. What might be good is the strengthening LLJ Tonight which might bring us an MCS And some Lightning shots. Tomorrow looks a lot better in the same area before a few downs days.

After that there does look like a few troughs will swing in across the Northern Plains so the Dakotas could be visited early to middle of next week.

Paul S

Posted

Saturday has potential Paul but I think you'll need to be a good 50 miles into CO for this one. Nicely almost 170 degree turn from surface to 700mb enhances the chance of elevated supercells with a middlish LCL on the sounding I've just seen from NAM.

Some good old upslope magic may get a few supercells going and I wouldn't be surprised to see a SLIGHT risk for NE NM and E CO by the next outlook.

Posted

Nice line of TCU now to our North West around the Lamar, CO area. Heading north from Elkhart, KS to take a peek :D

Posted

Morning folks! Heading from our overnight stop in Ulysses, KS to Limon, CO for a later lunch ready for some magic later on this evening :D

Posted

Looks like a good play for hail storms off the Palmer Divide in Colorado. Diural heating will "cook" the mid 40's DPs until the cap brakes @ 17:00 local time.

Mminimal tornado threat today - unless a landspout can form off the convergence boundary? I will update this thread later once I get into position - now currently in Denver waiting...