Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GulberwickWeather

Ratko Mladic Captured.

Is it true you played a part in capturing him Bob?

post-2-0-48899800-1306416053_thumb.png

No he hasn't been arrested he's out and about with Binnie boy. Clearly a USA lie. :)

More seriously that's one guy who's going to hell.

I don't really care about this, when we have leaders walking free who have committed far worse crimes than this guy ever did......Bush and Blair for instance...

I don't really care about this, when we have leaders walking free who have committed far worse crimes than this guy ever did......Bush and Blair for instance...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes:

ICJ doesn't show any sign of agreeing with you. Perhaps in their eyes - whether rightly or wrongly - directly ordering the murder of thousands of people because of their ethnicity/religion appears to be different to ordering military action against military targets that - coincidentally - leads to the deaths of thousands of people. Who knows?

I suppose some people might agree that they may be indirectly responsible. However he is directly responsible for thousands of deaths. Not to worry though as I see his lawyer has already stopped the extradition procedure-reason-his client is not well. Oh dear me how sad for him I'm sure the thousands of relatives of his victims will understand.

So caring about both issues is mututally exclusive? Can you only care about what you consider to be the worst issue? You can't gain any pleasure over the arrest of a man who was responsible for the single biggest act of genocide in Europe since WW2 because Blair and Bush haven't, in your eyes, been dealt with?

Quite OON. Also there is the small matter of this "moral equivalence" cr*p. Does the US force its enemies to eat the livers of their own grandsons as troops loyal to his animal once did in the name of a greater Serbia? Moral equivalence is just a pathetic device used by America/West-haters to justify their pathologial hatred as much to themselves as to others.

*Stands by and awaits the inevitable and frankly irrelevant laundry-list of so-called American crimes in sorry attempt to justify xenophobic/racist anti-Americanism*

So caring about both issues is mututally exclusive? Can you only care about what you consider to be the worst issue? You can't gain any pleasure over the arrest of a man who was responsible for the single biggest act of genocide in Europe since WW2 because Blair and Bush haven't, in your eyes, been dealt with?

I only have moral responsibility over things which concern what my government has done.

Former Supreme Court Justice Robert Jackson, chief U.S. prosecutor at the first Nuremberg trial, called waging aggressive war "the supreme international crime differing only from other war crimes in that it contains within itself the accumulated evil of the whole", said Benjamin B. Ferencz, in a tribute to Jackson.

The invasion of Iraq falls under that category. A war long in the planning, and based on lies and in which hundreds of thousands of civilians were killed as a result of that decision.

Sure....there are bad people who do bad things all over the world all the time (just look at the rapes committed on a regular occasion in the Congo civil wars, etc). But I think we should have certain priorities. So no, I won't join in the collective satisfaction over the arrest of this war criminal. How about we start looking at the legality of the whole intervention in the Balkans?

From Nafeez Ahmed's piece:-

From 1992 to 1995, the Pentagon flew thousands of al-Qaeda mujahidin from Central Asia into Europe, to fight alongside Bosnian Muslims against the Serbs. The mujahidin were ‘accompanied by US Special Forces equipped with high-tech communications equipment,’ according to intelligence sources. Bin Laden’s mercenaries were used as shock troops by the Pentagon ‘to coordinate and support Bosnian Muslim offensives’.16

The pattern continued in Kosovo, where ethnic violence broke out between Albanians and Serbs. In 1998, the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) was listed by the State Department as a terrorist organization financed by bin Laden and the heroin trade. Bin Laden had sent a senior lieutenant, Muhammed al-Zawahiri (brother of al-Qaeda deputy leader Ayman al-Zawahiri), to lead an élite KLA unit during the Kosovo conflict. He had direct radio contact with NATO leadership. Indeed, British SAS and American Delta Force instructors were training KLA fighters as early as 1996. The CIA supplied military assistance up to and during the 1999 bombing campaign, including military training manuals and field advice, under the cover of OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe) ceasefire monitors.17

After the Kosovo War, when the KLA switched operations to Macedonia under the banner of the National Liberation Army (NLA), its links with al-Qaeda were as strong as ever according to US, Macedonian, Albanian and Yugoslav intelligence sources. Yet by 2001, Canadian military correspondent Scott Taylor reported after a visit to Tetovo that ‘there is no denying the massive amount of material and expertise supplied by NATO to the guerrillas’.18

So why the Balkans? Gen. Sir Mike Jackson, then-commander of NATO troops in the region, summed it up in 1999: ‘We will certainly stay here for a long time in order to guarantee the safety of the energy corridors which cross Macedonia.’ The General was talking about the Trans-Balkan pipeline passing through Bulgaria, Macedonia and Albania, planned to be a primary route to the West for Central Asian oil and gas.19

http://muslimmatters...our-terrorists/

A well documented archive of reports concerning Al Qaeda, the Balkans and Saudi\Western assistance:-

http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?complete_911_timeline_al_qaeda_by_region=balkans&timeline=complete_911_timeline

Oil and gas......reminds me a bit of Iraq and Afghanistan....

<_<

I only have moral responsibility over things which concern what my government has done.

So when you said Bush and Blair, Bush is off the hook too then? :whistling:

So when you said Bush and Blair, Bush is off the hook too then? :whistling:

He joined with Bush, so their crimes are effectively the same - but they differ in magnitude. We are a carbon copy of US interests.

"Sure....there are bad people who do bad things all over the world all the time (just look at the rapes committed on a regular occasion in the Congo civil wars, etc). But I think we should have certain priorities. So no, I won't join in the collective satisfaction over the arrest of this war criminal. How about we start looking at the legality of the whole intervention in the Balkans"

So now we're getting to the nitty gritty. You couldn't care less about this disgusting war criminal, and by inference his victims, because he isn't American/Western and therefore doesn't fit into your jaundiced, polarised, myopic twisted world-view. Yes I think we all see your "priorities" very, very clearly.

Interesting you quote Dr.Nafeez Ahmed, since his research was used by the 9/11 Commission which found that the 9/11 terror events were basically a failure of American Intelligence (stating that both Presidents Clinton and Bush were "not well served" by both the FBI and the CIA), something you and you conspiracy theory friends insist is not the case. Nothing like a bit of cherry-picking eh?

"Sure....there are bad people who do bad things all over the world all the time (just look at the rapes committed on a regular occasion in the Congo civil wars, etc). But I think we should have certain priorities. So no, I won't join in the collective satisfaction over the arrest of this war criminal. How about we start looking at the legality of the whole intervention in the Balkans"

So now we're getting to the nitty gritty. You couldn't care less about this disgusting war criminal, and by inference his victims, because he isn't American/Western and therefore doesn't fit into your jaundiced, polarised, myopic twisted world-view. Yes I think we all see your "priorities" very, very clearly.

Interesting you quote Dr.Nafeez Ahmed, since his research was used by the 9/11 Commission which found that the 9/11 terror events were basically a failure of American Intelligence (stating that both Presidents Clinton and Bush were "not well served" by both the FBI and the CIA), something you and you conspiracy theory friends insist is not the case. Nothing like a bit of cherry-picking eh?

The war criminal should be tried, but no...I'm not really going to feel much satisfaction, just as I didn't feel much satisfaction at the death of Bin Laden. As I said, I don't care much about it (but the people affected by his crimes certainly should) because I have greater responsibilities and priorities with respect to what my government has done in that region.

And yes, I quote Nafeez Ahmed who criticised the 9/11 Commission in this public hearing here and

He joined with Bush, so their crimes are effectively the same - but they differ in magnitude. We are a carbon copy of US interests.

So really what you want to say is "I only have moral responsibility over things which concern what my government has done, or the US government because we are essentially like Hawaii, an Island under their jurisdiction and control"

I guess by that score you wouldn't have any moral concern about the 1.7 million people killed in the Sudanese war of the late 90's or the 1.7 million killed in the Congo, the 1.65 million killed in Cambodia by the Khmer Rouge or even the 917,000 slaughtered in the Rwandan Massacres?

Genocide like any murder is unacceptable - no matter who it is carried out by, or how many lives are taken or destroyed.

The war criminal should be tried, but no...I'm not really going to feel much satisfaction, just as I didn't feel much satisfaction at the death of Bin Laden. As I said, I don't care much about it (but the people affected by his crimes certainly should) because I have greater responsibilities and priorities with respect to what my government has done in that region.

Absolute drivel. The reason you don't "feel much satisfaction" at the capture of Mladic or the death of Bin Laden is because they are neither American or Western or Israeli and therefore don't fit your deep-seated prejudices/hatred. Selectively criticising one "tyrant" whilst ignoring the excesses of another is a charge folk like you often level at America/The West/Israel. So how does your stance make you any better than those you criticise PP? From where I stand, theres not much difference between you and the the Governments/nations you purport to despise. No difference at all in fact. Theres a piece of moral equivalence for you to chew over!

<_<

I really dislike the expression 'moral responsibility' mainly because I'm not sure what it means. I assume by this that the German people have a moral responsibilty for the holocaust and, much more to the point, the British public have the same for what was arguably one of the most infamous acts of the British government , the Irish famine. And why is it always forgotten that Saddam killed millions? So where does moral responsibility start and finish?

Absolute drivel. The reason you don't "feel much satisfaction" at the capture of Mladic or the death of Bin Laden is because they are neither American or Western or Israeli and therefore don't fit your deep-seated prejudices/hatred. Selectively criticising one "tyrant" whilst ignoring the excesses of another is a charge folk like you often level at America/The West/Israel. So how does your stance make you any better than those you criticise PP? From where I stand, theres not much difference between you and the the Governments/nations you purport to despise. No difference at all in fact. Theres a piece of moral equivalence for you to chew over!

I am anti-government in general. I have railed several times here about the Saudi government and the Pakistani government, how horribly corrupt and nasty they are and how our government has been cosy with them before and after 9/11, protecting and working with terrorists and terrorist suspects, etc.

I know which governments do most evil in the world...and if they happen to be mine, then I will speak about them as a priority. And the truth behind the Balkan intervention is less clear-cut than what the media tells you.

I feel very ashamed to be British right now. Very. Look what we're doing in Libya now - violating the original UN resolution and backing rebels that are also closely tied to Al Qaeda.

Meanwhile our police get away with dragging people out of wheelchairs and hitting them:-

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/student-protests-wheelchair-attack-lawful-155443765.html#mwpphu-container

I am anti-government in general.

Your not just anti-government though, are you PP? Your anti UK anything... except when claiming your job seekers allowance to sit at your computer all day publishing You Tube clap trap on a Weather forum. You really bloody annoy me.

I feel very ashamed to be British right now. Very. Look what we're doing in Libya now - violating the original UN resolution and backing rebels that are also closely tied to Al Qaeda.

Why not just emmigrate? To North Korea perhaps. Peace ar last.

Meanwhile our police get away with dragging people out of wheelchairs and hitting them:-

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/student-protests-wheelchair-attack-lawful-155443765.html#mwpphu-container

First time i've heard about this and after watching the video im just appalled at what the police did to that poor disabled person.

First time i've heard about this and after watching the video im just appalled at what the police did to that poor disabled person.

Apparently they claim it was for his own protection or to make removing him from danger easier: on what planet does tipping someone out of their wheelchair make it easier/safer to move them?

And the truth behind the Balkan intervention is less clear-cut than what the media tells you.

http://uk.news.yahoo...wpphu-container

Has the media hoodwinked us then? Was the massacre actually reasonable in the circumstances? Were there mitigating circumstances?

Why are you bringing an individual police incident within the UK into this thread? Stop trying to take this down your own agenda.