Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Well, it was the result I wanted but I voted on the premise of devo-max so I'm sincerely hoping that is what we get. 89% turnout is a great feat of democracy.

Main surprises for me were the huge win here in Embra and the low turnout in Glasgow, did the closing of the polls have a negative effect on yes?

Camerons statement at 7 will be interesting

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Good call Pip as indeed was Nigel Farage.

I suppose I should have listened more to the English posters who could see us regional Scots for what we are.

Cowardly and selfish.

I'm no soar loser. Yes will win eventually!!

Good call Pip as indeed was Nigel Farage.

I suppose I should have listened more to the English posters who could see us regional Scots for what we are.

Cowardly and selfish.

When are we locking this thread then?

Do we think AS will resign? His ego has been somewhat deflated.

Never ignore the silent majority.

• Like 2

When are we locking this thread then?

Do we think AS will resign? His ego has been somewhat deflated.

Never ignore the silent majority.

There's no such thing as a silent majority. There is silent yessers, as well as noers. Every side has it. I think he will resign today.

Edited by pip22

In a democracy, we accept the result and respect the decision whether we like it or not. Better to hold your head up in pride rather than stooped with bitter recriminations....

Well said

I hope that the "win" for Scotland will hopefully be more attention from Westminster. You may not have gained Independence but grabbed their attention and hopefully keep it. I hope they keep their promises they made when they were scared if a "Yes" vote had won

• Like 3

Good morning all,

I think I've read every page of this thread and found it

fascinating.

Democracy in action. A higher win for No Thanks than I expected,

but interesting it matched the way of the official polls.

I pray the further devo is given as promised and that satisfies more.

I feel the pain of the YES side of course. It was all so passionate.

B.  :)

Edit: And the Prime Minister has just said he is forwarding increased

powers for all the individual home nations.

Edited by Beverley Lass

Well Scotland has spoken and having divided a nation, AS needs to resign to allow a new first minister to rebuild and reunite.

I'm not surprised at the comments already posted by some of the yessers on here already for whom anti Englishness seems to be the real motivation.

• Like 2

Haven't been able to sleep since I got home from the count in Aberdeen. Bitterly disappointed with the result and there were a lot of emotional Yes people who'd put their all into this vote. We've got to live with what the majority have decided though and I sincerely hope this has at least been a wake up call to Westminster and that they will not take the electorate for granted anymore. One thing to be really proud of was the magnificent turnout, I'm delighted with my fellow Scots in their determination to get out and vote.

Now that is the kind of reaction I applaud. Well said!

Terrible, empty promises which still have to be agreed by the governing power after the next GE.

I was more concerned with Hague.

Any regional Scot believing that needs there head examined.

We will have to agree to disagree as I'm prepared to give them a chance, Lord Smith of Kevin is the right man to take this forward and we will know soon enough. Too many political heavyweights have backed this now and clearly the same is to applied in wakes, NI and England

• Like 1

Oh and I've skipped a page or two but a bit of graciousness from the 'winners' on here wouldn't go amiss.

Anyway, is it supposed to snow any time soon?

I am not sure there are any "winners".  Some wounds have been opened that may take a long time to heal.

For me it is just relief that my country has not been torn in two

I will however echo your earlier comment - it has been a superb turnout.  Thank you to everyone who voted.

As for the snow, I dunno.  But we have thunderstorms down south atm :D

• Like 2

We will have to agree to disagree as I'm prepared to give them a chance, Lord Smith of Kevin is the right man to take this forward and we will know soon enough. Too many political heavyweights have backed this now and clearly the same is to applied in wakes, NI and England

Although highly sceptical myself I agree, they have to be given a chance to follow through on their promises. By all means shout loudly if they fail to do that. Don't expect it to be instant either, a year or two minimum may be reasonable.

• Like 1

Farage.. England, England, England..

Ha ha idiot Scots hoodwhinked again. No timetable, end of Barnett formula.

It will take years and years and quietly be forgotten.

Oh and I've skipped a page or two but a bit of graciousness from the 'winners' on here wouldn't go amiss.

Anyway, is it supposed to snow any time soon?

See my post just before yours. Anyway, it works both way. I've seen a lot of posts here dismissing promises made by UK politicians. Give them a chance!

• Like 1

Unless my Maths are out... Without the Highlands the No's have it by nearly 400,000 that's a majority of nearly 11%.

Most governments would be be very happy with that.

So there's the democratic mandate from the people.

Let's hope there is no bitternes just disappointment.

The majority have spoken...and not by social media but by a good old fashioned cross in the box.

Off to watch the financial Markets now .. Should be interesting.

Edited by kar999
  • Like 2