Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

well that surely is game set and match?

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

well that surely is game set and match?

I'd go to bed if I knew I'd sleep :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Its becoming a bit like total wipe out :)

Yes it's game over, I would go to sleep but we are having thunderstorms in London!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Wow, this is almost worse than watching Scotland play football.

They were actually pretty good against Germany and could probably beat our crappy England team at the moment! :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

With the establishment charge a couple of weekends ago, I think we have a new rival even more powerful than 'That ECM'.

'That You Gov'...

• Like 3
    Posted

Its becoming a bit like total wipe out :)

Nice to see the union survive and common sense prevail. 8)  

As for the English parliament etc I am not a fan of wasting money on another process surely it would be better to just prevent Scottish MP's voting on English issues?

• Like 1
    Posted

Nice to see the union survive and common sense prevail. 8)  

As for the English parliament etc I am not a fan of wasting money on another process surely it would be better to just prevent Scottish MP's voting on English issues?

Indeed my MP  Claire perry earlier who is a front bench tory normally does what Cameron says actually talked sense! 

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/11481714.MP_Claire_Perry_column__We_need_cool_anlaysis_not_party_bags_to_appease_Salmond_over_Scottish_vote/?ref=mr

Time to get rid of Barnett formula 

Also MP for North Wiltshire English powers http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/11479023.James_Gray___MP_for_North_Wiltshire___The_people_of_England_must_speak_and_be_heard/?ref=mr

The Scots have had their say. For too long the interests of the 55 million people of England have been subordinated to the shouting of 4.5 million Scots. That must end. Now is the time for the people of England to speak – and to be heeded.

Edited by lfcdude
    • Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

New Powers on the way..

post-7292-0-21668200-1411092970_thumb.jp

Well we weren't expecting any 'real' ones. With a GE next year no party is going to campaign on more powers for Scotland, esp. where the tax and revenue exchange between the nations are so poorly understood.

Posted

That can't be done without a major constitutional change because the decisions on English matters at Westminster determine the funding for the devolved administration.

The UK government launched a self proclaimed "shock and awe" operation against Scotland and then made vauge promises appearing to offer federalism and devomax . Just now after 4 declerations, including 2 of the strongest NO areas we are looking at > 42% rejecting the British State and it can not maintain legitimacy in Scotland without massive constitutional change going forward.

Posted

That can't be done without a major constitutional change because the decisions on English matters at Westminster determine the funding for the devolved administration.

The UK government launched a self proclaimed "shock and awe" operation against Scotland and then made vauge promises appearing to offer federalism and devomax . Just now after 4 declerations, including 2 of the strongest NO areas we are looking at > 42% rejecting the British State and it can not maintain legitimacy in Scotland without massive constitutional change going forward.

It is meant to be in Cameron's speech tomorrow :) Scottish mps will not be allowed to vote on English matters 

Edited by lfcdude
    • Like 2
    Posted

They were actually pretty good against Germany and could probably beat our crappy England team at the moment! :laugh:

Aye, we are not too bad just now, 29th in the world rankings, and really we should qualify for the euros but we always find a way to f*** things up. lol

It's disappointing to see two years of campaigning which had energised the nation come to an end like this. The nation had been engaged in conversation about its future but ultimately we face continued rule from Westminster. At least we will keep the benefits of the UK and won't have to face some if the uncertainties or potential complexities of independence, but I hope that we do see change delivered within the UK, a federal system would be desirable. If Westminster fail again, then hopefully we'd have another shot at independence but it will be difficult to get a SNP majority.

I believed Scotland had a strong case to be an independent nation and to be independent from Westminster politics. There were some flaws and potential hurdles in the way of independence, but ultimately I felt scotland had enough untapped potential to be a success and for too long Westminster has failed to cultivate or encourage to promote and fulfil our potential and that of our regions/nations - for the benefit of the different parts of the UK and the country as a whole. The problem Scotland has is a complicated identity/mentality, very varied and diverse but ultimately lacking in self-confidence which I think stems from a lack if a freedom within the UK with ideas and opinions provided and fed to us via politics/media. It'll take time for this to sink in, I'll struggle to sleep tonight after a sleepless night last night.

Posted

Winners:

Scotland!

Brown

Togetherness

Democracy

Murphy

Cameron

Miliband

Clegg

UK

Losers:

Salmond

Sturgeon

SNP

Nationalism!

Splitters!

Greens

Twitter (horrah!)

Division

Evasiness

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

~100 votes in Inverclyde, wow that was close. Rumours Yes may take Glasgow but by how much of a margin?

Posted

It'll be interesting to see the breakdown of the votes. The silent majority I presume might have been middle class, middle aged folk who haven't been as active in social media and the over 65s. As much as better together has been a depressing campaign, the Yes campaign could have been better. They aimed at the disenfranchised, young, social-media and women, tried to portray a positive image but given how they were up against a tsunami of negativity and bias, I think yes and AS/NS should be more offensive, they didn't use enough ammunition, didn't give enough answers and failed to present a co-ordinated and broad image of an independent Scotland, so the shrewd and pragmatic Scots have voted no.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Morning - I thought that I would get up and see how the vote is going. Looking at the bottom of the page to see who is viewing this thread then I can only guess that it is not going too well for the Nationalists. Mind you it is early days yet, so we can't rule out a closening of the vote - especially with so many results to come.

Posted

Personally I think it may be time to AS to resign and NS to step up.

Lets give him a small chance to view the other results region by region first at least before he does so. :vava:

• Like 2