Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted

Would love to know who are and why the 15-20% that didn't vote - didn't they hear about it or something?

A 100% turnout across a council area is just not possible, there will be people on the register who've died, but far more people who are registered in more than one location, but can only vote in one place in a national poll.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Ah well, c'est la vie. £50 down the drain.

Not over yet by a long way but early indications indicate the 'silent no majority' may actually exist.

Quite low turnout in yes areas.

79% in Dundee vs 88% in Dumfries and Galloway for example.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Glasgow 1 in 4 don't vote. Aberdeenshire 60.40 for No. West Lothian 54.46 for No. Dundee low turnout.

Think the night will end with a margin of 300K to 400K votes possible in favour of the Union.

Queen and also Cameron press aides confirm speeches to 'reconcile' the country due out tomorrow, probably finished writing them before Clackmannanshire was even called tbh !

Not the result I had wished for, but respect democracy in action. 

My thoughts are that the older demographic I am sure held the key to this vote for independence, second to that the economic case caused fundamental nerves and swayed most of the No folks I spoke with. Then you can thrown in the media / national identity as third weighted factor.

Tis just like watching Scotland play fitbaw...  Another glorious failure. 

To our favourite cousins across the border - you are stuck with us for at least another generation, if not forever...

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

It's not looking good. Maybe I'll get close to my guess yesterday and win Joe's snow competition? Even that's looking shaky :(

Orkney has always been no don't know about Clackmannanshire but there is still only 8000 votes in it Dundee and Glasgow look like coming in YES they will be a decent swing will just need to see what happens I really wonder what has happened to some of the turn outs.

and totally unconfirmed so something I cant say has happened will just need to wait and see if anything comes from it but Ruth Davidson might have said postal vote boxes had been opened but again don't take it seriously yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

If it does go to a NO vote I will be very disappointed in the morning. At least I'll have longer to get over it than the NO voters who were swayed by promises of new powers to the Scottish parliament. Call me cynical but the new powers just ain't going to happen.

• Like 1
    Posted

ScotsPaulus â€@ScotsPaulus 25m

Really? Glasgow turn-out 75% ? With a 97% reported registration? That's odd. #IndyRef

Posted

even nick robinson thinks its odd

Nick Robinson â€@bbcnickrobinson 21m

So, commuter area to North of Glasgow gets 91% whilst the city itself gets just 75%

Posted

Pretty deflating viewing and it does feel like an oppurtunity missed and a bit of an embarrassment as well, but I'm very acceptant of what's unfolding and dealing with the disappointment with a bit of humour.

• Like 1
    Posted

Pretty deflating viewing and it does feel like an oppurtunity missed and a bit of an embarrassment as well, but I'm very acceptant of what's unfolding and dealing with the disappointment with a bit of humour.

In my house that's going to consist of sitting about in my pants for two days drinking Special Brew.

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, snow

In my house that's going to consist of sitting about in my pants for two days drinking Special Brew.

or buckfast? :D
    Posted

or buckfast? :D

No, no, no, the Buckie's only for happy times.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Bury it forever.. :whistling:

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Give me at least 45% Y so at least one of my bets comes in and I can afford to drown my sorrows. It could have been such a great weekends partying though if it'd been a Yes. Not over yet, could get a surprise.

• Like 1
    Posted

Bury it forever.. :whistling:

It's only buried forever if there's a NO vote and then the promises made to get the NO vote are delivered. Then it's buried. Otherwise it's still out in the open.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

It's only buried forever if there's a NO vote and then the promises made to get the NO vote are delivered. Then it's buried. Otherwise it's still out in the open.

True but its the English that by far get the raw deal not the scots so maybe this will give more to the other regions in some strange way.

• Like 1
    Posted

The Daily Record â€@Daily_Record 6m

Falkirk: Sources on both sides say it's very close. Cllr Adam Mahoney says "narrowness of poll" helped get vote out. #indyreflive

Posted

don't think its finished yet Shetland and Orkney are usually no and Clackmannan was maybe a bit off but north Lanarkshire might be YES as is north Ayrshire and Glasgow and Dundee it could still be very close and remember a 1 vote margin will do it its not over till its over

• Like 1
    Posted

True but its the English that by far get the raw deal not the scots so maybe this will give more to the other regions in some strange way.

Absolutely, get up and get out and stand up for yourselves.

Posted

Western Isle vote no, that is surprising :S

53% no 47% yes

Edited by Mark Bayley