Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted

I was using that as an example. There's a very strong thread from the NO campaign & voters that there is widespread nationalist hate mob while NO voters are all innocent and lovely. As I keep saying there has been fault on both sides, thankfully it's a minority.

It's called defending yourself against lies NBLSB, it's not furthering our cause at all. Do you actually understand what it feels like to be labelled as being part of a hate mob?

My understanding is that this group were corralled down a side street at George Square while the YES supporters were having a party on the square. This will, of course, be "all lies" according to you...but hey ho.

Why worry what people think of you, especially some two bob rag like the daily mail jeez. Man up.

Posted

So if the TWO sides go at each other then that makes them as bad as each other, but your just focusing on the no side. Talk about confusing. It would be a shame if it did end up in a big punch up as it would just make the Scots a laughing stock around the world.

No, the PICTURE focused on one side I was initially commenting on whether it was fake or not. Given the NO banner, the police uniform and some of the casual dress I believe it to be very recent and not some ancient dragged up picture of a Rangers/Celtic confrontation.

I propose not to comment on it further unless an original pic of the same event covering BOTH sides of the police lines is forthcoming. Time and date stamp from EXIF data would also be helpful

Posted

It represents a small facet that the pro union coalition of Lib/Lab/Con/UKIP (small u) seem happy to be associated with in their desperate attempt to get support.

I'm sorry but how will associating with bigoted, violent, threatening or the intolerant garner further support? Surely it would have the exact opposite effect? I'd imagine that both sides are thoroughly desperate to NOT be associated with such people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Mullender your ignorance is astounding. It's the militant salute of the anti catholic bigots. You have to understand Scotland to understand what these people are like. They are scum!

That photo could be from anywhere or any time in all seriousness! I have zoomed in until I have screen sized pixels and it is still un clear what type of 'salute' they are doing or when?

Here is another one for the yes campaign to use as it has a union jack also, just don't tell anyone its from an old pompey demo and the hand signals seem clearer for you. :hi:

post-8911-0-24659700-1411054972_thumb.jp

Edited by Paul
    Removed un-needed comments
    • Like 4
    Posted

Markets arent having a yes vote

http://www.ig.com/uk/ig-forex/gbp-usd

Will be interesting to see what happens overnight if Yes starts looking good, as appears its not been priced in, in any way

It wouldn't surprise me that in the event of a Yes vote, trading in Sterling is suspended for a while whilst The Bank of England advise the markets of its contingency plans.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I got a idea for Scotland becoming independent, why don't they let UK citizens in the country for free to visit their families? And foreigners could pay to enter? If you a British citizen and you have a passport you could enter Scotland free, but other than a British citizen than you have to pay.

Posted

The usual request - please can we keep this reasonable and respectful. Disagree with eachother by all means, but does it really have to descend into pettiness and overly aggressive posts?

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

living and working in a less right leaning country, with a more defined sense of national identity and national pride, the 'open door' rather than drawbridge attitude that prevails in England, the differences in the way health, mental health (both my professional areas) and social services are delivered and the ability to hold your Members of the Scottish Parliament more accountable,

Yep. 

Oddly, I'm having terrible difficulty explaining to English friends why I feel I am moving to a country far more foreign than I expected it to feel (I was born there, lived there til i was ten, have an English accent, English family, etc!)… it's the assumption in my mind that all NHS care is free, inc prescriptions and perosnal care for elderly… the response is "oh, but there are so many exemptions almost everyone gets free prescriptions anyway, you jsut fill in all the forms" - mossing the point that it's a national mindset that I'm going to struggle to accept! 

So, I'll be trying to accept living in a country where the starting-point is that you pay unless you can prove by means-testing that you haven't the means. 

Weeeeeiiird… 

But I'm going to do whatever I can to try to get things fairer. Maybe it won't have any effect at all, but at least i'll be trying!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I just heard Andy and Jamie Murray voted ''Yes''.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Latest from NW - Storm brewing. Change on the way? by Michael Fish.  Is he trying to tell us something?

yes I believe he is............a weather forecast....lol

Posted

Awesome speech by Alex Salmond last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lIrRIRU7IM

• Like 1
    Posted

Has anyone got a link to the unitary councils declaring the results? The final declaration will be between 6.30 and 7.30 in the morning but I suspect by 4am we will have a decent indication of what the result will be.

I believe that over a million people signed the Yes Declaration which is about half of the total needed for a majority. There will be some yessers like myself who didn't sign it but more importantly it seems that people are making up/changing their minds at the polling booth. My uncle who was an undecided voted yes and across social media it seems that a number of undecideds and no's have been voting yes. The question 'should scotland be an independent country' is heavily in favour of yes and could have an impact on the result.

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I just heard Andy and Jamie Murray voted ''Yes''.

that's a relief, as I'm sure millions of voters were panic stricken not knowing how the Murray's would vote.....In other news, Hamish McDuff aged 70 with no friends or family was unable to vote today as he had a bit of a cold.........just as news worthy as Andy & Jamie Murray's political leanings don't you think?  :wink:

• Like 3
    Posted

Has anyone got a link to the unitary councils declaring the results? The final declaration will be between 6.30 and 7.30 in the morning but I suspect by 4am we will have a decent indication of what the result will be.

It's all 32 local authorities AWT - list/links here:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/About/Government/councils

Posted

Going to be a one hell of a night. This night will be the night that everyone remembers for a long time, no in fact a generation.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Comes to something when 16-34's are strongly yes, 35-64's slightly yes and over 65's strongly no; the future needs to be decided by the future.

The last polling I saw was fairly even for the young.

• Like 1
    Posted

I believe that over a million people signed the Yes Declaration which is about half of the total needed for a majority. There will be some yessers like myself who didn't sign it but more importantly it seems that people are making up/changing their minds at the polling booth. My uncle who was an undecided voted yes and across social media it seems that a number of undecideds and no's have been voting yes. The question 'should scotland be an independent country' is heavily in favour of yes and could have an impact on the result.

Turnout is forecast to be around 3.5 million.

Posted

OK, so here's the shopping list of what I've just been and got in to keep me going tonight:

One huge Sainsbury's own meat feast pizza

Tub of Pringles

4 packets of biscuits

Tea bags

Sugar (for Mrs Catch)

John Smith's Smooth x 12 (not sure about boozing yet, but it was going cheap)

Papers & baccy

Milk

Ibuprofen

Bacon

Rolls

Cleaning products for when it gets really boring at 3.40am...the bathroom can get a clean

There was other stuff but I wouldn't want to bore ya all :D

good call Robbie!  :D  :drinks:

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

It's all 32 local authorities AWT - list/links here:

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/About/Government/councils

Scottish Borders Council have announced via Facebook that they'll provide news and updates throughout the night via Facebook. So I would suggest to anyone with an interest that you find your local council's Facebook page, like it, and you'll then get all the updates you need. If you're really interested you could like all 32 local council's Facebook pages and you'll then have your finger directly on the pulse. And a very full Facebook feed.

Posted

Last nights Youguv was 45-49N.

Need to find Survation and this nornings Ipsos.