Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

you sound like someone who has there had in the money pot or someone who just simply wouldn't need to bother about if they could afford insurance.

do you know how much the insurance premiums would be or if you lose your job you cant have anything go wrong with you or it would cost a fortune, do you not watch any American programmes at all or have any concept of this.

:rofl:   I actually earn a few k less than the Scottish average (wont say on here as work rules)  so no I wouldn't class me as wealthy with my rented property,  single glazed windows and a Corsa with electrical problems but I am not going to sit around a forum getting angry about what I don't have, that's life.

As to the American example I have not the time currently to research the figures and information so I may be wrong in part but I am pretty sure what they don't have for free in terms of an NHS they do have in the form of lower taxes?  

The Americans believe in allowing you to manage your own money and expect you to sort out things like insurance yourself which if you had less tax and national insurance would probably be more affordable? I used to think it was awful but an American friend explained it along time ago and it wasn't as bad as I had initially imagined.

It is an interesting subject for argument but one for another day in a separate thread perhaps? NHS or private healthcare - pro and cons etc.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

As I watch Adam Boulton on Sky News, there is a Yes demonstration gathering at front of the Scottish Parliament in Holyrood. They chanting ''Shame on you BBC!!''

Edited by pip22
    Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

I find this type of post offensive BUS - you discredit the YES vote with it.

or I show Westminster for what it really is Scottish are expendable they have said it themselves in the past on other issues or do we still live under the great british illusion that Westminster is squeaky clean

Posted

I think the UK, whatever the outcome, is in a constitutional quagmire. The offer of Devo-Max may save the Union but it opens up even more constitutional headaches.

What if Labour form the next government either by minority, tiny majority but their majority over other parties is numerically less that the total number of their Scottish MPs? Scotland gets Devo-Max, the West Lothian question then becomes even more important. Devo-Max only magnifies the West Lothian question. This has got to be address. Labour seem to be unwilling to address this. Can any Scottish MPs be justified on voting on issues that don't affect them?

Can you justify having a Scottish MP holding position in any of the spending departments after Devo-Max? Can you have a Scottish Chancellor of the Exchequer, even a Scottish PM?

Will Wales start to demand Devo-Max?

The askew in the constitution of these islands is increasing. Someone has got to have the balls to address and rebalance this because if Scotland stays then we could have a Devo-Max Scotland, a half cock assembly for Wales, Northern Ireland with her assembly and England with zip.

This can't go on.

• Like 8
    Posted

Amazing scenes on the streets of Scotland right now. Thousands of Yes voters standing and singing as free men and women in defiance of the Westminster Oxbridge millionaire elite.

Revolution by peaceful mean, glorious to see.

Even as a No voter I am impressed by the enthusiasm and energy of the yes campaign - I still can't agree with what is (and more importantly what isn't) being proposed but I admire the way the people are so behind it

• Like 2
    Posted

After two years if campaigning it is amazing that we are a day away from the vote. What a historic day tomorrow will be and what an opportunity we have been given. We must take it. I think regardless of the outcome, the political awakening during this campaign has changed Scotland but perhaps not enough for Scotland to grasp its golden opportunity between 7am and 10pm tomorrow. If I had been told this time a year ago that the polls would be neck and neck on the eve of the referendum, I would have taken it, but I'm worried about a silent no majority and some of the middle class and elderly voters who might help no to a victory tomorrow. It would be a bit bitter pill to wake up to a no vote on the 19th, as an English-born Scot I've always been favourable to independence and aware of Scotland's potential, but this campaign has really consolidated and strengthened my belief in independence and I think it is a must that we vote yes. The internet has really been incredible in this debate in enlightening people about their country, sites such as WoS, fantastic articles and bloggers, excellent videos have been a revelation in providing such a wealth of information which has been under the radar of the MSM. If more people had access to mire of the information that was available, then I would been confident of a yes vote tomorrow. After reading and watching all sorts of stuff about the referendum, I can't help but feel that the government/MSM have deliberately misinformed scottish people into voting no. If we do pull it off tomorrow then words can't describe what a monumental moment it would be and quite a triumph given how so any things were stacked against us - including the MSM, who have been more than entitled to scrutinise the Yes movement but not the extent of the rest stories which be unleashed to undermine Scotland).

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

What about Russia Summer? Sorry forgot they don't have oil and have bigger guns than us! We only bomb countries the US agree to and are weaker than us.

Support for sanctions is actually very high.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

63% rest of UK think that the Yes campaign will gonna win. While 37% No will win according to Sky News.

Posted

I think the UK, whatever the outcome, is in a constitutional quagmire. The offer of Devo-Max may save the Union but it opens up even more constitutional headaches.

What if Labour form the next government either by minority, tiny majority but their majority over other parties is numerically less that the total number of their Scottish MPs? Scotland gets Devo-Max, the West Lothian question then becomes even more important. Devo-Max only magnifies the West Lothian question. This has got to be address. Labour seem to be unwilling to address this. Can any Scottish MPs be justified on voting on issues that don't affect them?

Can you justify having a Scottish MP holding position in any of the spending departments after Devo-Max? Can you have a Scottish Chancellor of the Exchequer, even a Scottish PM?

Will Wales start to demand Devo-Max?

The askew in the constitution of these islands is increasing. Someone has got to have the balls to address and rebalance this because if Scotland stays then we could have a Devo-Max Scotland, a half cock assembly for Wales, Northern Ireland with her assembly and England with zip.

This can't go on.

Great post

• Like 1
    Posted

Even as a No voter I am impressed by the enthusiasm and energy of the yes campaign - I still can't agree with what is (and more importantly what isn't) being proposed but I admire the way the people are so behind it

That will be down to the heroin and buckfast lol

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

:rofl:   I actually earn a few k less than the Scottish average (wont say on here as work rules)  so no I wouldn't class me as wealthy with my rented property,  single glazed windows and a Corsa with electrical problems but I am not going to sit around a forum getting angry about what I don't have, that's life.

As to the American example I have not the time currently to research the figures and information so I may be wrong in part but I am pretty sure what they don't have for free in terms of an NHS they do have in the form of lower taxes?  

The Americans believe in allowing you to manage your own money and expect you to sort out things like insurance yourself which if you had less tax and national insurance would probably be more affordable? I used to think it was awful but an American friend explained it along time ago and it wasn't as bad as I had initially imagined.

It is an interesting subject for argument but one for another day in a separate thread perhaps? NHS or private healthcare - pro and cons etc.

its very pertinent to this thread after all its one of the issues of the campaign and probably the biggest issue

what we pay currently in NI is vastly less than what we would pay for health insurance so I think we do the better why would you want to control your own money like that knowing you were losing out big style and being fleeced for something that should cost a lot less under government hands while big companies suck everyone dry.

Posted

I find this type of post offensive BUS - you discredit the YES vote with it.

I find his post offensive, full stop, even if it was in another nw thread.

• Like 6
    Posted

No Bus haven't heard anything. Would tempting but I am working the next day. I have been putting up with a drone of negativity at work from no people. They say there is a silent majority. The ones I have met have been mostly ill informed,outspoken and disrespectful to yes voters. Today we were labeled as aggressive all of us. I give up with people like that.

Bit like the majority in here are disrespectful to the no campaign. Pot calling kettle black.

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

Bit like the majority in here are disrespectful to the no campaign. Pot calling kettle black.

There have been vast amounts of disrespect from both sides.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

its very pertinent to this thread after all its one of the issues of the campaign and probably the biggest issue

what we pay currently in NI is vastly less than what we would pay for health insurance so I think we do the better why would you want to control your own money like that knowing you were losing out big style and being fleeced for something that should cost a lot less under government hands while big companies suck everyone dry.

I'm not saying NHS is a bad thing I was just amused you think NHS is on its way and claim only an independent Scotland can save it after one video. I had never heard of patients rotting in corridors as you said earlier which is why I originally picked up on it in first place. It is not just about national insurance... most states have a basic tax of just 6% or thereabouts compared to our 20% and then just look at the fuel tax..

why would you want to control your own money - I thought this is what you were voting yes for?

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

even if no wins they can have another ref in 10yrs or so, then the people will vote the right way.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Nae Balls you are a troll. But as long as it keeps you off the streets.

• Like 2
    Posted

Nae Balls you are a troll. But as long as it keeps you off the streets.

Lol you always say that when you have no other answer or defence it goes onto auto pilot, troll, wum and all that crap :-)

• Like 1
    Posted

Have to say it will be ironic if yes win and then Shetland and Orkney demand a referendum - with the risk they take their oil fields with them

• Like 2
    Posted

It doesn't only discredit the yes vote it discredits all decent Scots. Just read some of the latest posts and I've never read such offensive tripe. I trust there aren't too many like you in the yes camp or god help Scotland.

I made this point several days ago. I desperately want a NO, but this sort of thing at least will give me a sense of "good riddance" if it's a YES (NB: I clearly don't mean to say that I think this about all Scots!)

Changing topic... another plus is that I've put a sizeable bet on YES - basically so that whatever the result I have something to cheer about. ;)

• Like 4