Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted

In what respect?

Those i know supporting No thought it was fantastic , about time etc, the Yes supporters i know even said it was passionate but clearly (and respectfully) disagreed with what he said - it has made an impact though

Wouldn't it be kind of ironic for Cameron, Milliband, Darling etc if Gordon Brown turns out to be "the man that saved the union"? Brown for next leader of the Labour party? Next PM even?

OK, maybe pre-election nerves are getting the better of me leading to incoherent and ridiculous thoughts.

Hasn't he said he wants to be an MSP and lead Labour in Scotland?

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted

In an area where at one time Caligula's horse could have won a seat if it wore a red rosette, Gordon Brown is getting out before he is booted. The Kingdom was once a Tory free zone, No MP's OR councilliors but he did nothing for Fife and even less for Scotland, he is worse than a Tory - at least some of them have principles.

What has any of that got to do with the impact he has had and the impact he WOULD have had had he been involved earlier in the campaign?

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

4 * 48% in a row. This is smelling fishy!

yip it sure is sounds like another government tactic there

Posted

Wouldn't it be kind of ironic for Cameron, Milliband, Darling etc if Gordon Brown turns out to be "the man that saved the union"? Brown for next leader of the Labour party? Next PM even?

OK, maybe pre-election nerves are getting the better of me leading to incoherent and ridiculous thoughts.

Aye, that'll be right! He had his chance and blew it!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Unfortunately for NO, Gordon Brown was the worst Chancellor/PM the UK has had in a long while. Gold reserves sold at knock down prices, raid on pensions and a total failure to stand up and face the banks when even I could see that selling, re-selling and further re-selling of toxic debt would end in tears. He has not had to pay for it. Pensioners, savers and the young who can't afford a house are the ones carrying the cost.

The man is a bad joke.

Edit: Now I really must go over to SS&N to see if Iceland is still on the map. Back in a bit!

While hated in England I believe he did increase his majority.

Posted

What has any of that got to do with the impact he has had and the impact he WOULD have had had he been involved earlier in the campaign?

He is entitled to say what he likes, his actual VOTE is worth no more than mine.

For the record I did also edit my original post, getting a little passionate at this late stage :fool:

Posted

I just watched that NHS film again and been thinking if we manage to get the YES vote through and we do indeed save our NHS look at the movement we have had going over Scotland during this the people out in the street or outside the BBC and the amount we have had do this well surely if we save our NHS then the only sane and reasonable thing to do would be to keep this movement going and to try and get some funding so we can help the rUK with there fight to save the NHS there and maybe see if we could organise a mass drive down the A1 right into London and get the English protesters to join this and all move on Westminster as surely its not only the right thing to save our NHS but to make sure we can help everyone try and achieve this as I am sure none of us would want to see these things happening to anyone in the four nations.

• Like 3
    Posted

While hated in England I believe he did increase his majority.

Politics is an odd game isn't it? The last gasp from a broken man so I suppose we should feel a bit sorry for him - not a lot though.

Posted

I just watched that NHS film again and been thinking if we manage to get the YES vote through and we do indeed save our NHS look at the movement we have had going over Scotland during this the people out in the street or outside the BBC and the amount we have had do this well surely if we save our NHS then the only sane and reasonable thing to do would be to keep this movement going and to try and get some funding so we can help the rUK with there fight to save the NHS there and maybe see if we could organise a mass drive down the A1 right into London and get the English protesters to join this and all move on Westminster as surely its not only the right thing to save our NHS but to make sure we can help everyone try and achieve this as I am sure none of us would want to see these things happening to anyone in the four nations.

I have said for years that the good folk of the whole of the current UK should have been out on the streets protesting at the cutbacks and demise of the NHS. Especially down south it's a post code lottery whether you get some treatments or not.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Am I alone in thinking that the panic by Tories Labour and Libs dems shows have a total disregard for Scotland totally out of touch they are.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I have said for years that the good folk of the whole of the current UK should have been out on the streets protesting at the cutbacks and demise of the NHS. Especially down south it's a post code lottery whether you get some treatments or not.

South of the border many are soft and happy to be spoon fed by the Government and have no stomach for a fight.

Posted

Looking increasingly likely that Scotland will avoid the economic disaster that independence would bring. I'm still convinced that the NO vote will be at least 55%. This would restore my faith in those living north of the border. I look forward to not having to think about this for many many years.

• Like 1
    Posted

hhmmmm bias media?

post-18233-0-08934500-1410970877_thumb.p

Posted

I know and I know a lot of people in America as well and I have heard some utter horror stories about things that go on across there with people left to rot in hospital corridors because they don't have the proper health insurance or people with terminal illnesses not being able to afford treatment or bankrupting themselves just to survive cancer I knew they were trying to privatise but you don't see how much till that film due to them keeping it out the media so much over here.

now we know why there were laws passed against the press in the last few years and why the press isn't as free now as it used to be.

Posted

Am I alone in thinking that the panic by Tories Labour and Libs dems shows have a total disregard for Scotland totally out of touch they are.

In my opinion, and it is just my opinion, they missed the point entirely because they are so out of touch in their cloistered and panelled Westminster halls. The Indy ref is about SELF determination rather than worn out hand me backs from Westminster.

No one I have spoken to thinks it will all be perfect given a YES vote. There is still a lot of fine print to be debated and voted on but it will be OUR choices, OUR small print and OUR responsibilty. Mostly though it is NOT for us but our children and their children and THEIR future.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I would love to know what will happen to walk on water Brown when MPs down south refuse to pass these wonderful extra powers?

It might well be a NO vote but, I suspect,  it will not be long before he gets his marching orders!   That's Gordon though, live for the moment and bugger the consequences!

Some people down south have VERY short memories!

That is when he will revert to his  'X Politician status'  which, according to him, he was until two or three weeks ago! 

Edited by Blitzen
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Ipsos poll: 49% Yes and 51% No.

Stalemate. Another little swing up for the Yes camp.

Edited by pip22
    • Like 1
    Posted

I know and I know a lot of people in America as well and I have heard some utter horror stories about things that go on across there with people left to rot in hospital corridors because they don't have the proper health insurance or people with terminal illnesses not being able to afford treatment or bankrupting themselves just to survive cancer I knew they were trying to privatise but you don't see how much till that film due to them keeping it out the media so much over here.

now we know why there were laws passed against the press in the last few years and why the press isn't as free now as it used to be.

BUS - I don't want to go into all the painful details but some time ago I was involved in an American forum and what we as a family went through due to maternity problems would have bankrupted us over there. Folk were gobsmacked that we did not have to pay anything (at the time of service delivery) to receive prolonged treatment through two successive pregnancies. The first involved loss, the second was sucessful but required 6 weeks in a Special Care Baby Unit.

Folk have absolutely NO idea of the implications of the old cry, "Can you give us a shillin' please, me mam needs a doctor" pre NHS

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

:rofl:  :rofl:  Americas health care system isn't that bad!

Posted

I would love to know what will happen to walk on water Brown when MPs down south refuse to pass these wonderful extra powers?

It might well be a NO vote but, I suspect,  it will not be long before he gets his marching orders!   That's Gordon though, live for the moment and bugger the consequences!

Some people down south have VERY short memories!

Fortunate I'm not quite senile yet :angry:

:rofl:  :rofl:  Americas health care system isn't that bad!

Any reason why ours should be worse though?

Posted

Ipsos poll: 49% Yes and 51% No.

Stalemate. Another little swing up for the Yes camp.

Just think how many people fully intend to vote NO but are afraid to say so because of the abuse they would suffer from the YES campaign. Once in the voting booth they will have the privacy they need to cast their vote without worrying about being berated and intimidated. 55% will vote NO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Question. What if the referendum Results are 50% Yes and 50% No? Will it be another one if that happens?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Question. What if the referendum Results are 50% Yes and 50% No? Will it be another one if that happens?

Coin toss?? sneaky ploy by Salmond to get Brown in for the no side. Everyone knows he would lose  :rofl:

In seriousness, there was a bbc report on this which I can't find now but the short story was "lets hope it isn't a tie". I don't think there is a contingency for this due to the very low probability of it actually occurring.

Edited by Captain shortwave
    • Like 1
    Posted

It's a bit like the Ryder Cup. If there is a tie, the current owners of the trophy retain it. So, if there is a tie in the referendum, the current owners of Scotland (i.e. England) would retain ownership.