Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Anyone want a guess / sweep-stake on the result then? Closest wins the biggest snowfall of the winter in their back yard :p

I'm going to say 55/45 for No

I am going to stand by my earlier 62% your YES

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

In all honesty i think it will be 54/46 to the No, it's going to be close though. I'm sure those on both sides will agree that we all need to come together once this is all over, life will go on regardless :) 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Panelbase's final poll of the campaign :

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Yes 48% (-1)
    No 52% (+1)

Funny how all of the polls are suddenly converging after being quite different for a while. Looks like they are all going to be right, or all going to be wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

did we get a panelbase poll lastnight

EDIT: forget that I see its already been posted

Funny how all of the polls are suddenly converging after being quite different for a while. Looks like they are all going to be right, or all going to be wrong.

we all know there going to be wrong but by how much

Edited by Buriedundersnow
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I expect the 'nos' to win by a narrow margin. But that's in spite of the Better Together lot's patronizing negativity, and not because of it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

That is just what the No campaign has missed - someone showing some passion for the Union in the same way that the Nationalists feel passion for the breakaway!

Flaming heck. Have they inserted a rocket in his bottom? It's maybe the sound on my laptop but he sounds like he's going to turn Dalek any minute. He's talking total tripe though, trying to use world wars to secure a NO vote? Using the example of English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish fighting alongside each other? Hmmmm. What about the Polish or Indian or any other country who fought with the Allied forces? Why put the Irish in there and not the others?

Posted
    Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

4 * 48% in a row. This is smelling fishy!

• Like 2
    Posted

Personally I would have bitten your hand off for only a 2% swing the day before the vote.

The big unknown are the unknown unknowns who have registered for the first time and therefore have not been picked up by the pollsters. I understand there are around 400,000 of them.

Now these unknown unknowns will be mainly poorer people from the schemes of Scotland who have been left behind and felt no one cared about them. Are they really going to register to vote to stay the same?, to keep the status quo?, I cannot believe that.

So I reckon 1 in 4 of the unknown unknowns will vote Yes, resulting in a 51.85% for Yes and 48.15% no.

Posted

4 * 48% in a row. This is smelling fishy!

must be said the fact the last 4 polls show exactly the same thing is unusual - perhaps it really is that representative 

Posted

Personally I would have bitten your hand off for only a 2% swing the day before the vote.

The big unknown are the unknown unknowns who have registered for the first time and therefore have not been picked up by the pollsters. I understand there are around 400,000 of them.

Now these unknown unknowns will be mainly poorer people from the schemes of Scotland who have been left behind and felt no one cared about them. Are they really going to register to vote to stay the same?, to keep the status quo?, I cannot believe that.

So I reckon 1 in 4 of the unknown unknowns will vote Yes, resulting in a 51.85% for Yes and 48.15% no.

My wife is voting No, but has told no-one else of her choice (just close family), she was even phoned by Ipsos Mori and told them she was undecided. She just doesn't want people to know her business. I suspect there are quite a few people like that on both sides

Posted

must be said the fact the last 4 polls show exactly the same thing is unusual - perhaps it really is that representative 

It's entirely possible that every single one is right, but when's the last time all the pollsters (well 4 so far) came up with the same result on the eve of an election, even if this vote is a bit simpler than normal i.e a straight Y/N?

Posted

Forgive me if this has already been asked in the thread, but what time could we expect results to start trickling out?

Don't know about other areas but Fife is expect about 4.00am. James Wood Sports Center, Glenrothes if anyone is about that way. I'm hoping to be in the crowd!

• Like 1
    Posted

Generally when that happens it's a good sign for the pollsters because this suggests any slight differences in methodology or weighting isn't effecting their results. They may all be together and wrong, it's happened before.

Its disappointing for Yes in the Panelbase results in terms of where the DKs are moving, they're slightly favouring No. We still have Ipsos Mori to come, maybe that will put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Posted
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

Generally when that happens it's a good sign for the pollsters because this suggests any slight differences in methodology or weighting isn't effecting their results. They may all be together and wrong, it's happened before.

Its disappointing for Yes in the Panelbase results in terms of where the DKs are moving, they're slightly favouring No. We still have Ipsos Mori to come, maybe that will put the cat amongst the pigeons.

It's turning into one of those nights in winter when you're hoping it's going to snow, but you're getting that feeling you're going to wake up in the morning to a back garden full of green grass. Maybe we need a SATPYIGW group...Sod All The Polls Yes Is Gonna Win.

Posted

That is just what the No campaign has missed - someone showing some passion for the Union in the same way that the Nationalists feel passion for the breakaway!

Unfortunately for NO, Gordon Brown was the worst Chancellor/PM the UK has had in a long while. Gold reserves sold at knock down prices, raid on pensions and a total failure to stand up and face the banks when even I could see that selling, re-selling and further re-selling of toxic debt would end in tears. He has not had to pay for it. Pensioners, savers and the young who can't afford a house are the ones carrying the cost.

The man is a bad joke.

Edit: Now I really must go over to SS&N to see if Iceland is still on the map. Back in a bit!

Edited by frogesque
    • Like 1
    Posted

We still have Ipsos Mori to come, maybe that will put the cat amongst the pigeons.

If Ipsos come out with 52/48 as well I can just see the next pollsters meeting...

Panelbase: It was you that was supposed to be different!

Ipsos; No it was you that was supposed to be different!!!

ICM: Calm down guys...

YouGov: Who the hell are you to tell anyone to calm down, your weighting methodology was useless

Survation: Ha, Ha...owned

Opinium (whilst ducking flying objects): Sheesh, I knew we should have just stayed out of the referendum polling completely.

• Like 4
    Posted

If Ipsos come out with 52/48 as well I can just see the next pollsters meeting...

Panelbase: It was you that was supposed to be different!

Ipsos; No it was you that was supposed to be different!!!

ICM: Calm down guys...

YouGov: Who the hell are you to tell anyone to calm down, your weighting methodology was useless

Survation: Ha, Ha...owned

Opinium (whilst ducking flying objects): Sheesh, I knew we should have just stayed out of the referendum polling completely.

Sounds like PM Questions!

Posted

Just been down to collect my kids from school and caught up with a few people.....everyone is talking about that Brown speech

Posted

Just been down to collect my kids from school and caught up with a few people.....everyone is talking about that Brown speech

In what respect?

Posted

In what respect?

I'm guessing in that it was superb, and that if he had been doing the NO campaign throughout with more speeches like that, this would not be a close race.

• Like 1
    Posted

Wouldn't it be kind of ironic for Cameron, Milliband, Darling etc if Gordon Brown turns out to be "the man that saved the union"? Brown for next leader of the Labour party? Next PM even?

OK, maybe pre-election nerves are getting the better of me leading to incoherent and ridiculous thoughts.

Posted

I'm guessing in that it was superb, and that if he had been doing the NO campaign throughout with more speeches like that, this would not be a close race.

Edit : Got a bit carried away - let's just say I'll be glad to see him go.

Edited by frogesque
    • Like 1