Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Possibly because the NO vote are more respectful and try not to infiltrate and hijack the walkabouts to push their own agendas.

yes we saw the no supporters in Edinburgh at the weekend. Lovely unintimidating Orange Order with Union Jacks,Ulster Flags and singing the Billy Boys. I had a woman try to run me off the road with a UKOK badge on her car!
    • Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted

You'd make a great spanner given your ability to twist absolutely everything posted. if it's a narrow no vote on Thursday and the promises go the way of the standard Nick Clegg signed pledge, it will be those who voted no on the basis of something approaching devomax and feel they were conned that will be the really angry ones.

Will you accept the result?

Of course we have to accept the result. But don't think any of the UK's problems will melt away if it's a result for NO.

The UK is irreparably broken and THAT lies firmly at the door of the Establishment and Westminster.

Well, yes of course. Nothing but nothing is ever Scotland's fault if you're a Yes...
    • Like 1
    Posted

Been following this thread with interest. I'm English so have avoided posting as this is for the Scottish people to decide. It is easy to see why the polls are neck and neck. From what i have seen both sides of the campaign have made errors. My feelings are the yes campaign have at times resorted to accusations of bullying or rubbishing credible arguments against independence, rather than giving real answers (especially economic) whereas i feel the no campaign has been to much doom and gloom (e.g. this and that will happen if Scotland goes). Personally i feel Scotland (and the rUK) would be stronger with the UK intact, although will be okay as an independent nation. My prediction is that the no vote will win, however only marginally. It seems no side will win, because a significant proportion of Scots (possibly as high as 45%) will not get the result they want. I don't think i've seen any Scottish members against independence. My question to those is what would you like to see happen if there is no vote? How soon (as there most likely will) would you like/think another referendum to be held? And would you think further devolved powers would keep the union intact?

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

is this an endorsement of sorts for the YES campaign by the sun

post-18233-0-93230900-1410903908_thumb.p

I saw they plastered twitter earlier as well with pictures of people who were voting YES

• Like 1
    Posted

This forum has been hijacked by a lot of people south of the border just to stoke up resentment. You know who you are and I am not saying all of you.Why does the idea of a nation making a decision democratically cause you so much anger. Chill we don't hate anyone we just want our people to decide where our government should be.

• Like 7
    Posted

Will you accept the result?

Well, yes of course. Nothing but nothing is ever Scotland's fault if you're a Yes...

So those regions in England such as Cornwall, the NE, Yorkshire, not to mention Wales are perfectly happy with the way the UK is run?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Possibly because the NO vote are more respectful and try not to infiltrate and hijack the walkabouts to push their own agendas.

Possibly because the no vote are largely made up of 55+ year olds and would break a hip doing that :p

Edited by NorthernRab
    • Like 1
    Posted

or there aint any no vote and the polls are just pulling our legs :rofl:

Posted

is this an endorsement of sorts for the YES campaign by the sun

attachicon.gifBxrwbOBIAAEPeUQ.png

I saw they plastered twitter earlier as well with pictures of people who were voting YES

Yes Bus I think tomorrow is D Day for The Sun. I hate to back Murdoch but it could be worth a few % to us. Maybe he has left it late to get maximum impact. The Ipsos poll is out shortly and they have the best record of any pollster. I still think Salmond has one final trick up his sleeve.
    Posted

So those regions in England such as Cornwall, the NE, Yorkshire, not to mention Wales are perfectly happy with the way the UK is run?

I'll answer your question. There seems to be contempt for politicians everywhere, but I don't sense much demand for more tiers of Govt down here. I've never, tho, known a time when people were at all content with politicians.

Now, answer my question please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

A genuine question... does anyone have an specific details of polling intentions in  "Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East, Labour" ?

Today I was doing some Corporation Tax work and realised that Cumbernauld is the biggest HMRC office in the UK employing 1400 people.

I would like to think some of these jobs would be needed for Scotland's own taxation system post any transitional arrangements. I would doubt it would need all 1400 which employs people trained with specific skill sets.. Additionally in percentage terms, 13% of UK HMRC staff are in Scotland, a significantly above-population-share of the total. More than 3,000 more posts are allocated in Scotland than a population share would provide.

Thanks

Not from the latest polls , haven't seen any tables the last result 2011 election is here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/election2011/constituency/html/36084.stm

Posted

After a no vote I continue to campaign for independence its what I believe in.

• Like 1
    Posted

What do you mean? Will I or most of Scotland accept the status quo, absolutely not.

Will you accept the result of the referendum as democratic and fair? I just sense some here will only do that if the vote is one way...

Posted

This forum has been hijacked by a lot of people south of the border just to stoke up resentment. You know who you are and I am not saying all of you.Why does the idea of a nation making a decision democratically cause you so much anger. Chill we don't hate anyone we just want our people to decide where our government should be.

Personally I'm OK with it. Real grass and roots knockabout stuff and it isn't sterile. somtimes a little more heat than light but that's where the Mods come in - it's been well run guys!

It has forced us to look deeper into issues and consequences and there are Scots NO supporters on here (Decon in particular has raised some very pertinent points about defense)

Posted

A genuine question... does anyone have an specific details of polling intentions in  "Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East, Labour" ?

I'm sure I posted canvass results from they areas cant remember the exact numbers but they had yes in the lead

Posted

Yes Bus I think tomorrow is D Day for The Sun. I hate to back Murdoch but it could be worth a few % to us. Maybe he has left it late to get maximum impact. The Ipsos poll is out shortly and they have the best record of any pollster. I still think Salmond has one final trick up his sleeve.

or he didn't want to give Cameron time to throttle him and tell him to get on the telly to retract it or say it wasn't what he was meaning :rofl:

Posted

I'll answer your question. There seems to be contempt for politicians everywhere, but I don't sense much demand for more tiers of Govt down here. I've never, tho, known a time when people were at all content with politicians.

Now, answer my question please.

I thought I already had when I said of course we (and I include myself) will accept the result. Will you?

Hope springs eternal though and don't be surprised if we have the same debate in a few year's time if it's a NO vote. Nothing stands still and promises made will have to be delivered.

We do indeed live in interesting times

Edited by frogesque
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

I would say that this thread has been showing increased popularity with people South of the Border keen to find out what we are making of the Yes / No debate rather than hi-jacked N13.

I do agree that some of the reported posts could be deemed as trolling for reaction -  but with the number of posts and pages going up daily these are very much in the minority. 

It's just a shame that the coverage and awareness of the political debate going on across Scotland and the wider repercussions of the result, particularly if Yes, were not escalated to any area of importance in the media before what is the very end stages of the campaign.

Posted

there all paid tory and labour party supporters :rofl:

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Not from the latest polls , haven't seen any tables the last result 2011 election is here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/special/election2011/constituency/html/36084.stm

I'm sure I posted canvass results from they areas cant remember the exact numbers but they had yes in the lead

Thanks kindly both of you. Interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Devonian, no we will not accept the result. We've all decided via PM that in the event of a No vote we'll form the NWSLF (NetWeather Scottish Liberation Front). In our upcoming winter campaign we'll march south armed with snowballs to lay siege to London. I think you should be safe though as by the time we get around to Devon we'll have run out of ammunition and are not likely to be able to restock locally as it'll no doubt be too bloody mild.

Of course we'll accept the result, its part of the democratic process we all adhere to. Scotland has never really shown any willingness to do other than that. It doesn't mean the subject will be buried though by any means.

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Last time I checked this was a British forum on Scottish politics for all to discuss? Does it not affect us as well as it is still the same country? Seems to be a select few that have a chip about those south of the border and rather than discuss the issues they just like to flame anyone that supports a 'NO' vote regardless with little substantiating evidence to support there viewpoints at times.

Like I said before most of the British have no interest in the economics of the debate we just don't want to see our great nation divided.  I think the Yes side of the debate seems to attract the more extremest nationalists though.

• Like 8
    Posted

I thought I already had when I said of course we (and I include myself) will accept the result. Will you?

Hope springs eternal though and don't be surprised if we have the same debate in a few year's time if it's a NO vote. Nothing stands still and promises made will have to be delivered.

We do indeed live in interesting times

I will, of course, accept the result.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I would say that this thread has been showing increased popularity with people South of the Border keen to find out what we are making of the Yes / No debate rather than hi-jacked N13.

I do agree that some of the reported posts could be deemed as trolling for reaction -  but with the number of posts and pages going up daily these are very much in the minority. 

It's just a shame that the coverage and awareness of the political debate going on across Scotland and the wider repercussions of the result, particularly if Yes, were not escalated to any area of importance in the media before what is the very end stages of the campaign.

Indeed, hopefully this will be the start of the rise of grassroots politics for the rest of the UK, whatever the result. The apathy of recent years needs to end. 

there all paid tory and labour party supporters  :rofl:

Hey.... some of us voted libdem  :doh:

Edited by Captain shortwave
    • Like 1