• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

I do wonder though if the 'no' vote will come out stronger than the polls are suggesting because people are afraid of what friends and relatives may think with fear of being stigmatised by some fairly aggressive nationalists?

• Like 1

No, the 54% Y 46% N, although the latest, is from Sunday.

I do wonder though if the 'no' vote will come out stronger than the polls are suggesting because people are afraid of what friends and relatives may think with fear of being stigmatised by some fairly aggressive nationalists?

Considering polling is confidential, I doubt it.

No, the 54% Y 46% N, although the latest, is from Sunday.

Considering polling is confidential, I doubt it.

Still these polls are rarely entirely accurate and this is a rather different scenario I still believe No vote may get higher results than polls suggest.

Lets hope so.

• Like 1

Still these polls are rarely entirely accurate and this is a rather different scenario I still believe No vote may get higher results than polls suggest.

Lets hope so.

You'd better hope those million disenfranchised people don't turn out to vote, they're registered to :p

Edit: also, on what basis? A feeling in your stomach?

Edited by NorthernRab

You'd better hope those million disenfranchised people don't turn out to vote, they're registered to :p

Edit: also, on what basis? A feeling in your stomach?

Seriously I place my feelings on what the bookies think about this as money talks more than sample polls and they favour the No vote to win...

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 1

An interesting read that would seem to back up some of my impressions of the YES camp.

http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/ewan-morrison-yes-why-i-joined-yes-and-why-i-changed-to-no/

Edit: Oh, wrong article from them. That's the one where we're ditherers.

Contrary to your claims, I've actually responded to the questions you've raised.

Edited by NorthernRab

I'm beginning to get a bit offended now. Stop claiming we're all racists and thugs because we don't agree with you.

Eh?? 

For a start, I never have claimed that and I did not imply such a thing in my post. Second, there is no way you could have read that article in that time (which doesn't even concern itself with the things you've just stated). For heaven's sake, man, take the chip off your shoulder and just try reading without prejudice.

• Like 1

Eh?? 

For a start, I never have claimed that and I did not imply such a thing in my post. Second, there is no way you could have read that article in that time (which doesn't even concern itself with the things you've just stated). For heaven's sake, man, take the chip off your shoulder and just try reading without prejudice.

Look at my reply, wrong article. My apologies :)

An interesting read that would seem to back up some of my impressions of the YES camp.

http://wakeupscotland.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/ewan-morrison-yes-why-i-joined-yes-and-why-i-changed-to-no/

That is a very interesting article and worth the read.

I do think that the nationalist groups are promising false hope especially after we have been through hard recession throughout the UK over the last 5 years, who better than to blame it all on the UK and risk damaging both economic recoveries?

• Like 1

That is a very interesting article and worth the read.

I do think that the nationalist groups are promising false hope especially after we have been through hard recession throughout the UK over the last 5 years, who better than to blame it all on the UK and risk damaging both economic recoveries?

Been through? For the majority of the population, we're still in it.

And of course who better to blame it on, they were in charge of the economy! And by 'they', I don't mean you or I.

Edited by NorthernRab

Your just twisting my words now I can assure you many parts of uk have suffered throughout the recession and I myself have not even seen a single percent pay rise to cover inflation costs for 10 years now. I am just glad to have kept job where many were not so fortunate. 

• Like 2

And of course who better to blame it on, they were in charge of the economy! And by 'they', I don't mean you or I.

'They' have also provided one of the best recoveries if you compare us other EU countries. So you blame the global collapse of economies worldwide on Westminster?

I doubt ill see much of it though :wallbash:

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 1

I doubt ill see much of it though :wallbash:

Precisely my point. Do I blame the global collapse on them? Yes as no, their spectacular mismanagement of the financial sector followed by a sustained assault against the least well off in our societies, it's hard to defend that.

Again I'm attacking them, not you and I. A distinction which is so readily cast aside on this thread.

I guess it's not surprising to see views and experiences like this. Personally I think both sides are as bad as each other.

To be honest this debate has simply led me to this conclusion. Never has a decision so big been decided with so little factual information. Politicians on both sides should hang their heads in shame to be honest. But that seems to be the norm these days.

I will try to give a balanced final view on this referendum tonight.

• Like 2

Some thoughts from Martin Boon of ICM on iref polling.

He's the one that noticed the very high refusal to respond rate and estimated it at 10%. Seems to be a problem with Scots (born).

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/icm-director-boon-admits-a-polling-waterloo-is-possible.25336542

ICM boss: a polling Waterloo is possible...we might have called it very wrong

Tuesday 16 September 2014

OPINION polls showing the Yes and No campaigns neck and neck could be wildly inaccurate, a leading pollster has admitted.

Martin Boon, director of polling company ICM, said the independence referendum could prove a "polling Waterloo" and become the industry's biggest embarrassment since 1992, when surveys predicted a narrow victory for Neil Kinnock in the days before his eventual defeat to John Major.

Edited by scottish skier

Hmmm... verb tense 101 needed here! lol

"Have been" doesn't mean it has ended. Such as "We have been here for 5 days".