Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

So that makes you a better Scotsman than a No supporter? Are only Yes supporters allowed to fly the flag?

when did I make that claim?

I was simply stating that I would be hanging my flag from my window to show support.

• Like 3
  • Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

The saltire is the flag of YES, they've more or less taken it as their own. I haven't really seen any NO supporters with the saltire in isolation, it's more likely to be a union flag, or both flags. Very clever marketing by YES to use the blue and white as their colours, it fits in very snuggly.

Edit: I'm hoping my insomnia is really, really bad on Thursday night. Knowing my luck I'll be on the matchsticks by 11pm and miss it all.

theres a house I can see from the road on the scheme up from mine one guy has the saltire out his window and the neighbour in the joining house has the union jack hanging from his window I wonder I they have fallen out lately or if it is all peaceful and they get on well

• Like 1

I had my boys down at the weekend, my eldest is ten and is quite up on his news, mostly via the internet. I hadn't spoken to him about the referendum before their last visit two weeks ago when he said he would vote YES if he was allowed to vote. He managed to give fairly decent reasons for wanting to vote YES, and also added that he hoped I wasn't upset with him because he assumed I was going to vote NO. We had a wee chat about it all and I explained I was voting YES.

The boys were down again this weekend and we were talking about all of the signs and flags we saw when we were out and about. My eldest again said he would vote YES if he was allowed to vote. My six year old then piped up that he would vote YES "cos you two are voting YES". My four year old then tugged my arm and asked if it was ok if he voted NO. I laughed and said, aye that would be fine, but why do you want to vote NO? He said "I like the purple NO signs". Fair enough wee man :)

• Like 3

Monday kicks off with another celeb plea for Union..

Beckham Together.. :cc_confused:  :cc_confused:  :cc_confused:

post-7292-0-67312700-1410738087_thumb.pn

Random... or is it -

- Appealing to a specific vote 

- Maintaining the interests of a corporate sponsor...

Either way, although Beckham is Brand UK, a strange choice.

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 1

now this just gave me a massive shudder right through my body this is what we could be looking at with the next election and miliband says vote no then vote labour eh no thanks i'll just vote yes and put any of these thoughts right out my head

General Election â€@UKELECTIONS2015 3h

SURVATION Voting intentions for Norfolk UKIP 60% LABOUR 30% CONSERVATIVES 10%

How much of what is discussed in annex A of the following document will be a decision for an Independent Scotland to make? It looks to me pretty everyone else in the EU will be determining an Independent Scotland EU state, but not Scotalnd itself!

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/271794/2901475_HMG_Scotland_EUandInternational_acc2.pdf

I did post a couple of posts yesterday about an Independent Scotland being in the EU not being certain and even if so a long term adoption of the Euro would be mandatory (once criteria had been met) unless some very exceptional opt-outs were negotiated but that debate didn't get very far. The conclusion as I saw it being "we don't want the Euro so it wont happen" (De Facto).

IMHO AS may have a stronger hand in negotiations with Westminster but it will be nothing compared to overcoming the Brussels bureaucrats and winning the support from all 27 member states for special privileges..

• Like 1

attachicon.gifBeckham.PNG

Random... or is it -

I didn't think beckham has ever played against Scotland or at least not that I can remember can anyone else? 

now this just gave me a massive shudder right through my body this is what we could be looking at with the next election and miliband says vote no then vote labour eh no thanks i'll just vote yes and put any of these thoughts right out my head

Labour are desperate. As an English Conservative councillor's facebook page said in one of the earlier posts in this thread a couple of days ago...

Vote Yes to keep Labour out of power in rUK forever!!

Edited by kar999

attachicon.gifBeckham.PNG

Random... or is it -

That's it! I'm voting NO on Thursday :D

BUS: Beckham played in the play-offs at Hampden & Wembley for Euro 2000.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Labour are desperate. As an English Conservative councillor's facebook page said in one of the earlier posts in this thread a couple of days ago...

Vote Yes to keep Labour out of power in rUK forever!!

that's ok we will still have labour here and the SNP things would be looking ok

That's it! I'm voting NO on Thursday :D

BUS: Beckham played in the play-offs at Hampden & Wembley for Euro 2000.

that's too long ago for me to remember lol

looks like we aren't the only ones thinking the way we are other countries are thinking the same

Arthur O'Connor â€@Chantepoule Sep 13

French and German papers and French news forecast a landslide victory for YES.They are intrigued by Westminster's dirty tricks NO campaign

I cannot believe so-called educated people can be so thick..what next ? the Yorkshire ripper says vote no ?.

if the no's lose it'll be as much to do with its own pathetic performance as much as scottish folk wanting indy, they were walking this referendum until very recently..

reminds if that collapsing horse (devon loch) at the 1956 grand national. :shok:

Edited by chubbyfan

Did you know the supreme leader of North Korea supports nuclear weapons in agreement with the UK government?

Scottish government is against.

North Korea wants to develop such weapons whilst you want to give them up....isn't there a touch of naïveté here?

Or is it Scottish Defence Policy when independent is the Belgian approach, contribute nothing but expect others to protect you?

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 4

North Korea wants to develop such weapons whilst you want to give them up....isn't there a touch of naïveté here?

Or is it Scottish Defence Policy when independent is the Belgian approach, contribute nothing but expect others to protect you?

who exactly would we need any protection from?

who exactly would we need any protection from?

Ukraine gave up their Nuclear weapons and relied on the empty promises of others to defend their territorial integrity..........not their best decision?

Who's to say who you'll need protecting from 10 years hence........it's an unstable world out there.

• Like 1

I did post a couple of posts yesterday about an Independent Scotland being in the EU not being certain and even if so a long term adoption of the Euro would be mandatory (once criteria had been met) unless some very exceptional opt-outs were negotiated but that debate didn't get very far. The conclusion as I saw it being "we don't want the Euro so it wont happen" (De Facto).

IMHO AS may have a stronger hand in negotiations with Westminster but it will be nothing compared to overcoming the Brussels bureaucrats and winning the support from all 27 member states for special privileges..

It seems that concerns like this don't really get debated in this thread - rather it is being used as a vehicle to push propaganda for the 'yes' vote?

• Like 3

Let me guess. The flavour of the day is defence and how Scotland will be unable to defend ourselves.

looks like it to be honest its no wonder Westminster need such a big armed forces with the amount of people down that way so scared of the world

It seems that concerns like this don't really get debated in this thread - rather it is being used as a vehicle to push propaganda for the 'yes' vote?

the EU will take care of itself we aren't the first new state to join it and we sure wont be the last it may take a little time but look on the bright side we will make a fortune selling fish to them while they cant fish in our waters and I would suppose there would be extra income from the oil as well in this time

Edited by Buriedundersnow