Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I'd be more conservative than that...59% yes.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

My point was, if not entering into a currency union was the best option for Ruk, why are the currency markets selling Sterling with the gap between Yes and No closing?

Surely, if the RuK politicians are to be believed, that  a currency union is not on the table as its bad for the RuK, with the subsequent loss of Scotland's vast assets to the Balance of Payments, then Sterling should be strenghtening, not weakening.

You can fool the publlc but not the markets.

Would be good to get an FX trader viewpoint on the above. Some folks in New York piling in with Tweets about Sterling being crushed.

Would this require an intervention from UK Gov in the interim, if so would that intervention need to happen prior to polling day.

With govt formally again positioning against currency union today, is this part of the sterling slide. Would the UK gov reverse this position if Sterling continues to move.

Any of the above answered would be of help...

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

post-18233-0-90483000-1409674911_thumb.j

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

Momentum is with "Yes" and my 60/40 in favour of a "No" vote is looking dead in the water!

Fair play to you that you're owning up to what is looking a little unlikely now. It'd need some swing back to No for that result to come off. Still time to go though :)

Would be good to get an FX trader viewpoint on the above. Some folks in New York piling in with Tweets about Sterling being crushed.

Would this require an intervention from UK Gov in the interim, if so would that intervention need to happen prior to polling day.

With govt formally again positioning against currency union today, is this part of the sterling slide. Would the UK gov reverse this position if Sterling continues to move.

Any of the above answered would be of help...

Boom time for exporters?

Posted

Another Yougov in the field.

I gave up on these in early 2012 after I stopped being asked political ones (which makes me possibly guilty of being one of those Scots who haven't been responding).

Anyway, on the back of recent results I clicked the link and off we went with VI and iref etc.

Looked like a newspaper one as similar format to those released without too many pro-union leading questions.

Probably for release later this week.

One quirk was at the end it asked me a few personal details to make sure mine were up to date.

One of these was 'Which country are you currently living in?'

Out of alphabetical order and at the top was 'United Kingdom'.

I scrolled down anyway and to my pleasure found 'Scotland' which I duly selected. That would be a nice benefit of indy - simply having your country exist in drop-down lists.

EDIT

Anyway, if the next yougov shows a 0.1% lead for Yes, you can thank me.

Edited by scottish skier
    Posted

lets just hope sturgeon and company do the business in the televised debate tonight and keeps the YES momentum moving forward

Posted

Future Prime Minister of Scotland Nichola Sturgeon debating alongside leader of Scottish Greens against Ruth Davidson and Douglas Alexander tonight.

Edited by NorthernRab
    Posted

Future Prime Minister of Scotland Nichola Sturgeon debating alongside leader of Scottish Greens against Ruth Davidson and Douglas Alexander tonight.

Could be interesting...Patrick Harvie should shine in this one, fingers crossed for a good'un :)

Posted

SS will be spitting feathers at the nonsense getting spouted about oil!

Posted

Blimey, not been here since page 410... refreshingly, it looks like YES is really in the ascendency now, yous are going to do it!

here hoping and come the 18th i'll have every finger and toe crossed and have to admit no matter which way the vote goes theres going to be a little crying going on.

Edited by Buriedundersnow
    • Like 1
    Posted

its mental that people actually listen to all that drivel coming out of Alexander mouth when we get independence we really need to get rid of these idiots spouting there pish.

Posted

well done mary doll - sly wee dig at patronisingbtlady there :rofl:

Posted

great quote from Mary Doll. "Vote Labour, then sit at the back of the bus and shut up"

Elaine C Smith for FM. Brilliant stuff.

• Like 7
    Posted

Well I think we can all agree that she nailed it. 

And Kezia Dugdale will do very well as a politician in an independent Scotland. Hopefully we can get rid off that Neo-liberal wifey Lamont and get her in. 

Posted

whats with this guy always cutting off the YES side when there talking.

there lying on Shettleston I used to have my own shop in that area and have a lot of friends from there and when I was there under labour rule the life expectancy was 58 like the yes side are saying and not 71 that the no side are trying to say it is and it mght have changed slightly in that time but it sure wouldn't have went to 71 more likely to go the other way.

Posted

Well I think we can all agree that she nailed it. 

And Kezia Dugdale will do very well as a politician in an independent Scotland. Hopefully we can get rid off that Neo-liberal wifey Lamont and get her in. 

Wasn't Dugdale the one who was shown up to be really awful recently? Didn't have a clue?

Edit: It was on Wings: http://wingsoverscotland.com/?s=%22is+a+liar%22

In fairness, there's far worse been done by a lot of them.

Edited by CatchMyDrift
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Project Fear knows no bounds....

Tell Gordon the Russians are coming...

post-7292-0-47270700-1409689623_thumb.jp

• Like 1
    Posted

that's it I have finally found out whats wrong with that Ruth Davidson, Buckhaven haha its full of junkies down there :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

I think that if the super duper kicks off in the crimea putin will be looking to the west to put the boot in and since Scotland will have gone independent it will be very easy for him to take Scotland for himself,maybe he might enjoy fishing with the queen and prince Charles at balmoral in his bare chest 'brokeback 'look !!!

Posted

Project Fear knows no bounds....

Tell Gordon the Russians are coming...

attachicon.gifBwjdNknIcAA7wX_.jpg

We could always rent Faslane to the Russians...that would really wind the unionists up plus bring in some much needed income to our basket case country.

• Like 2
    Posted

seriously don't know how that Ruth Davidson can be part of the conservative party being from the Buckhaven area its joined on to Methil and theres a well known saying in fife that you always know when a wean from Methil comes into the world because they have a dole book attached to them.

blitzen has probably heard that saying being from fife.

Posted

We could always rent Faslane to the Russians...that would really wind the unionists up plus bring in some much needed income to our basket case country.

I think there's a good argument for Scotland joining the Russian federation.

After all, the pro-union campaign has told us bigger is better, safer, stronger etc.

Russia is really big - far bigger than the UK - so maybe a better option?

Personally, I like Russians; at least those I've met and worked with. 

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 2
    Posted

I think that if the onions kicks off in the crimea putin will be looking to the west to put the boot in and since Scotland will have gone independent it will be very easy for him to take Scotland for himself,maybe he might enjoy fishing with the queen and prince Charles at balmoral in his bare chest 'brokeback 'look !!!

you don't half talk a load of rubbish all that is going on with Russia is putin wanting to take back control of the sea of Azov nothing more he isn't wanting to invade Europe or Scotland or anything and even at that what good is trident to us when it is a first strike weapon it is only there to protect the US so they can strike against Russia without them getting a missile off Russia would never invade Scotland and you need to stop you scaremongering are you another person on here with an affiliation to a Westminster party.