Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

all this talk of big business pulling out of Scotland and the no campaign going on about uncertainty and business not knowing whats going to happen is a load of crap I have just been for an interview at Tesco in Stirling and they are expanding there business in Scotland and not any talk at all of anything going wrong with a YES vote.

Edited by Buriedundersnow
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted

all this talk of big business pulling out of Scotland and the no campaign going on about uncertainty and business not knowing whats going to happen is a load of crap I have just been for an interview at Tesco in Stirling and they are expanding there business in Scotland and not any talk at all of anything going wrong with a YES vote.

Tesco in Stirling's plans can hardly be used to prove what big businesses in general might do in the case of a YES vote! Surely you must realise that.

Edited by NickR
    • Like 3
    Posted

Tesco in Stirling's plans can hardly be used to prove what big businesses in general might do in the case of a YES vote! Surely you must realise that.

In 1997 - many businesses such as Standard Life said they were leaving if Scotland gets devolution. They didn't. 

In 2013 George Osbourne said that the referendum was putting businesses off investing in Scotland. it hasn't.  There has been record investment in the oil industry in 2014.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

My flat is only a couple hundred yards away from that Tesco BUS (on Douglas Street). I'll keep an eye out for an ecstatic member of staff on the 19th of September ;)

• Like 1
    Posted

sorry worded that a bit wrong she said that they were expanding throughout Scotland there expanding the workforce right across the lot in shops and also with there internet business that's what I went for delivery driver for there internet section.

• Like 2
    Posted

My flat is only a couple hundred yards away from that Tesco BUS (on Douglas Street). I'll keep an eye out for an ecstatic member of staff on the 19th of September ;)

yeah or if its a no vote you will be going past ripping the pish out of me saying you told me so :rofl:

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Bookies odds are continuing to drop across the board. At the moment just about the best you can get on a Yes win is 3/1, with some down as low as 5/2. That's quite a change from only a few days ago but I still think the odds are a bit high on Yes given that the polls are so close now (probably being held up by the punter who's allegedly staked £800K on a No vote).

• Like 1
    Posted

Excellent.

Westminster soon to debate bill to devolve important new power to Holyrood.

http://www.marklazarowicz.org.uk/next_stage_this_week_in_mark_s_new_bill_to_enable_scottish_parliament_to_tackle_obstructive_parking

Mark's new Bill to ensure the Scottish Parliament has the power to tackle irresponsible parking in Scotland has now been printed and will be debated at Westminster on Friday (5th September). The text of the Bill can be found here.

The Bill aims to clarify the powers devolved to the Scottish Parliament to tackle irresponsible parking such as parking on pavements, at dropped kerbs and double parking which can present a real hazard to disabled people in particular but also pedestrians more generally who may be forced out into the road to get by.

That's almost like devo max. So excited.
    • Like 2
    Posted

Cover of the Sun today.

Obviously I'm posting it because the referendum story, rather than the other one....

10610817_768094503249037_520683004716055

yeah right mate bet you have been on the internet all night pervin on them :rofl:

• Like 1
    Posted

still liking the numbers coming from this online poll

In FK5, 89% of 132 voters said yes.

In the broader FK area, 87% said yes.

Our current UK average is 62% yes (but in Scotland, it's 78%)!

http://games.usvsth3m.com/scotchland-postcode-referendum/ 

could I please ask everyone to do this poll even those from south of the border and copy and paste the results for your area in here so we can get a better idea of the kinds of numbers taking part in this poll to see just how much of a representation it could be towards whats being thought out there

Posted

yeah right mate bet you have been on the internet all night pervin on them :rofl:

It's poll data tables with full cross breaks that do it for me.

:crazy:

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Bookies odds still on the slide. When I posted earlier there were at least half a dozen bookies offering 3/1 according to Odds Checker, now we're down to just 2 (Bet Victor and Bwin).

-----

BUS....

In AB51, 69% of 202 voters said yes.

In the broader AB area, 71% said yes.

• Like 1
    Posted

post-18233-0-12764100-1409668023_thumb.j

puts it perspective a little especially when you think of fishing industry and all that oil waiting off the west coast

then this the no campaign have cheek to talk about state pensions when Westminster want to privatize it

post-18233-0-70083900-1409668023_thumb.j

this just made me laugh my head off but on a serious note its worrying when you think people like this are out there voting on this independence referendum

post-18233-0-37313100-1409668039_thumb.j

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

People of the RuK. If you value the strength of the pound in your pocket, i urge you to contact your MP and get them to lobby the Government to withdraw their ridiculous announcement not to have a currency union..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/currency/11/12/intraday.stm

It's you who will suffer if you don't, and don't say you weren't warned.

Erm.. kinda lost the thread here.   (Jury duty this week)  What's up now?  

Edited by Blitzen
    Posted

Bookies odds still on the slide. When I posted earlier there were at least half a dozen bookies offering 3/1 according to Odds Checker, now we're down to just 2 (Bet Victor and Bwin).

-----

BUS....

In AB51, 69% of 202 voters said yes.

In the broader AB area, 71% said yes.

cheers man was just wanting to see if there was a decent amount of people voting in other areas for all I know there might of only been a few voting and more people doing it in my area

Posted

people in Glasgow waiting in line to register to vote now that's a sight I haven't seen before

post-18233-0-83756100-1409668812_thumb.j

• Like 2
    Posted

People of the RuK. If you value the strength of the pound in your pocket, i urge you to contact your MP and get them to lobby the Government to withdraw their ridiculous announcement not to have a currency union..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/currency/11/12/intraday.stm

It's you who will suffer if you don't, and don't say you weren't warned.

Surely if the rUK is to enter into a formal currency union with a new foreign country, shouldn't the people of rUK be asked via a referendum whether they are ok with this arrangement?

Posted
  • Location: Salzburger Sportwelt Lungau/ Pongau Region. Somtimes Skipton UK
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
  • Location: Salzburger Sportwelt Lungau/ Pongau Region. Somtimes Skipton UK

Getting a bit of coverage and interest in the debate over here, especially on the German news channels. Seems to report a late surge in the Yes vote and looking like a close run thing. The Sud Tirol wants out of Italy so they might get some inspiration and hope with a independent Scotland on the horizon.

C

Posted

Surely if the rUK is to enter into a formal currency union with a new foreign country, shouldn't the people of rUK be asked via a referendum whether they are ok with this arrangement?

My point was, if not entering into a currency union was the best option for Ruk, why are the currency markets selling Sterling with the gap between Yes and No closing?

Surely, if the RuK politicians are to be believed, that  a currency union is not on the table as its bad for the RuK, with the subsequent loss of Scotland's vast assets to the Balance of Payments, then Sterling should be strenghtening, not weakening.

You can fool the publlc but not the markets.

Edited by mountain shadow
    • Like 5
    Posted

saw this and I'm hoping for YES its real and not a mock up

post-18233-0-90874000-1409671838_thumb.j

another canvass result from fife this time

YesKirkcaldy â€@ABetterScotland 19h

#YesBurntisland canvas team out in Kinghorn tonight. Result Yes 64% No 21% DK 15%

Posted

People like to latch on to a likely winner.

The more the "Yes" polling gets closer to "No" then those who had doubts about voting "Yes" but weren't quite sure of voting "No" either to keep the status quo, the more they'll join "Yes".

Maybe this is a trivial comparison, but as Mr Salmond is a horse racing nut, he'll know people latch on late to a surge in the betting - a 'steamer' as we call it in horse racing betting terms.

Momentum is with "Yes" and my 60/40 in favour of a "No" vote is looking dead in the water!

Fascinating watching this situ develop though, over last few weeks especially. I must get out more!

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Definitely. But we all know how keen your (!) government is to secure the mandate for various policies through referenda...pretty much non-existent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Not caught up with today's events in full, however this is the funniest thing I have seen today so far..

post-7292-0-85957900-1409672650_thumb.pn

Oh, and this,,,

https://vine.co/v/OBE9Xhxwg9U

Edited by lorenzo
    • Like 4
    Posted

People like to latch on to a likely winner.

The more the "Yes" polling gets closer to "No" then those who had doubts about voting "Yes" but weren't quite sure of voting "No" either to keep the status quo, the more they'll join "Yes".

Maybe this is a trivial comparison, but as Mr Salmond is a horse racing nut, he'll know people latch on late to a surge in the betting - a 'steamer' as we call it in horse racing betting terms.

Momentum is with "Yes" and my 60/40 in favour of a "No" vote is looking dead in the water!

Fascinating watching this situ develop though, over last few weeks especially. I must get out more!

I'm gonna punt at 62% YES