Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted

Btw, thats part of my job, looking for subtle stratigraphic plays in the North Sea. And it matters not one jot to me - go your own way if you like.

Sure. My job is flow assurance. Hydrates mainly (although once was a geologist so hi).

You could have started out well, but you played the Salmond card.

Unless you know the 2016 result for an iScotland?

Also the 2020/maybe 21 result too? Who will win in 2015 in the rUK?

I can't answer your question because it's not a question that can be answered and nothing to do with the indy debate. As a clever guy (from job description), you should know that.

The question is about democracy. Who is elected in that democracy and their policy is, ultimately, secondary.

Edited by scottish skier
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted

Sure. My job is flow assurance. Hydrates mainly.

You could have started out well, but you played the Salmond card.

Unless you know the 2016 result for an iScotland?

Also the 2020/maybe 21 result too? Who will win in 2015 in the rUK?

I can't answer your question because it's not a question that can be answered and nothing to do with the indy debate. As a clever guy (from job description), you should know that.

The question is about democracy. Who is elected in that democracy and their policy is secondary.

I'll take whatever Scotland decides. I'm concerned about how an independent Scotland looks after it's resources and future exploration. All Salmond can see is $$$ and will take investment away. Look, I work for a multi-national company, and our clients - Statoil being one of them - don't put all their eggs in one basket. BP will still float on the FTSE. Nothing to see here - until Salmond gets greedy on taxes. Which he will.

Posted

I'll take whatever Scotland decides. I'm concerned about how an independent Scotland looks after it's resources and future exploration. All Salmond can see is $$$ and will take investment away. Look, I work for a multi-national company, and our clients - Statoil being one of them - don't put all their eggs in one basket. BP will still float on the FTSE. Nothing to see here - until Salmond gets greedy on taxes. Which he will.

Salmond three times in one very short post. Are your control 'V' keys sticking a bit?

Statoil are visiting me a week on Wednesday. Very much a model I favour.

Edited by scottish skier
    Posted

Get your point though, Scotland needs someone other than him to represent better.

Sorry must have slipped through the spell checker.

Posted

Sorry must have slipped through the spell checker.

In terms of being 'greedy', what's your opinion on this? Which you will of course recall.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/north-sea-mutiny-deepens-over-osborne-s-oil-tax-grab-1-1545480

North Sea mutiny deepens over Osborne's oil tax grab

My vote didn't count in the 2010 election (binned under the UK system without being counted) but I get a say on 'SALMOND'.

Edited by scottish skier
    Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Which was the largest discovery in the North Sea for many a year. Initially estimates put it a 600 million barrels, but  revised upwards now. Scotland won't see that. Nexen (Canadian) sold out to the Chinese. Like Talisman did, who also have assets in the Moray Firth. Is Salmond going to wrestle those assets back?

none of the oil in the north sea belongs to Scotland, England, wales or anyone and you can thank Westminster for that for selling the drilling rights to oil companies.

all that is brought in just now is the tax revenues so nothing in monetary terms will change no matter who owns the field we will still raise tax revenues on what is pulled from the ground and sold.

Edited by Paul
    Posted

Thanks for pointing that out, last thing I knew with DECC we were creating a better environment for smaller operators to get involved. So this article suggests a U-turn. All the analysts point to the oil price staying flat until ~ 2017-2018, and exploration & production (E&P) spending will be too. In that period what they should be spending in terms of an expanding portfolio is going to share dividends, to make up from the downturn (which to be honest didn't affect the industry that much). After 2017, if we having been nuked by Russia, E&P spending will go through the roof.

are you for real?

none of the oil in the north sea belongs to Scotland, England, wales or anyone and you can thank Westminster for that for selling the drilling rights to oil companies.

all that is brought in just now is the tax revenues so nothing in monetary terms will change no matter who owns the field we will still raise tax revenues on what is pulled from the ground and sold.

Thatcher is responsible. She sold BP and the country short. 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

http://www.hebrides-news.com/do-not-lose-the-nhs-30814.html

Might only be a "wee islander", but the link can be shared on social media, surely..

Posted

Thanks for pointing that out, last thing I knew with DECC we were creating a better environment for smaller operators to get involved. So this article suggests a U-turn. All the analysts point to the oil price staying flat until ~ 2017-2018, and exploration & production (E&P) spending will be too. In that period what they should be spending in terms of an expanding portfolio is going to share dividends, to make up from the downturn (which to be honest didn't affect the industry that much). After 2017, if we having been nuked by Russia, E&P spending will go through the roof.

£13.5 billion has just been invested with more plans to come did you not read through the link I gave earlier in the thread and that's just from BP there are other oil companies investing out there.

explain how thatcher sold BP and the country short?

Posted

Calum Kerr â€@calumrkerr 41m

Out canvassing in Hawick today. Final results excluding undecided 59% Yes, 41%. Not too shabby for the Borders

• Like 3
    Posted

anyone want to slap George osbourne

http://games.usvsth3m.com/slap-george-osborne/

Posted

This highlights the problem of pro-union media bias in Scotland; it's newspapers being primarily British/American owned.

Create sites to balance that and people flock to them.

Also shows how many people are likely making their minds up right now; Wings figures for August having shot up ~60% on July.

EDIT

To clarify - page views up 60%

Viewers up 147%

On July.

wingslandviews-aug2014-shortened.jpg

Edited by scottish skier
    Posted

To clarify, George's tax grab was 2011 just in case of any confusion. Correct on the DECC - many recommendations came from Holyrood, although you won't hear that.

Agreed on full privatisation of the industry. That was both ideological and designed to mask the extent of the industry / reserves / profits from Scotland. If we had a Statoil it would be much harder to keep figures from people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

Apparently there's now a "climate of fear", the NO campaign want police deployed on polling day to prevent the SNP-led nationalist hate mob from intimidating voters, and by implication, rigging the vote.

Posted

Apparently there's now a "climate of fear", the NO campaign want police deployed on polling day to prevent the SNP-led nationalist hate mob from intimidating voters, and by implication, rigging the vote.

Are the police not the jackboot troops of the evil dictator El Salmonda?

Surely they'll be forcing people to vote Yes lest they be sent to the gulags in the Western Isles?

----

Seems we've no polls again today.

Edited by scottish skier
    Posted

Are the police not the jackboot troops of the evil dictator El Salmonda?

Surely they'll be forcing people to vote Yes lest they be sent to the gulags in the Western Isles?

----

Seems we've no polls again today.

Something odd is going on with this lack of polls.

Something odd is going on with this lack of polls.

Conspiracy warning to readers of my post....maybe there are, but have not been published due to large swing to the yes vote!

On a serious note, does anyone know if "Wings" have any plans to do more polls before the vote?

Posted

Conspiracy warning to readers of my post....maybe there are, but have not been published...

Aye, there have been polls. At least 3 in the field last week from respondent reports.

We just don't know the results. Respective campaigns will though.

Not sure if Wings is planning anything.

• Like 1
    Posted

Aye, there have been polls. At least 3 in the field last week from respondent reports.

We just don't know the results. Respective campaigns will though.

Not sure if Wings is planning anything.

Why would the polls be sat on?

Posted

Why would the polls be sat on?

If they don't look good for you.

Or, if they're starting look good for you but you don't want to jump the gun.

Based on social media, there has been a big movement, beginning with the first debate and surging with the second. Polls have basically gone quiet over that period.

If there is a debate bounce, one side my be hoping it's temporary, the other that it's 2011 again.

If of course.

However, the longer we go without polls showing 'Blow for Salmond', the better the situation looks for Yes.

• Like 4
    Posted

If they don't look good for you.

Or, if they're starting look good for you but you don't want to jump the gun.

Based on social media, there has been a big movement, beginning with the first debate and surging with the second. Polls have basically gone quiet over that period.

If there is a debate bounce, one side my be hoping it's temporary, the other that it's 2011 again.

If of course.

However, the longer we go without polls showing 'Blow for Salmond', the better the situation looks for Yes.

There's certainly been movement of some undecideds observed on Facebook. All of them to Yes, none to no. I'm still waiting for anyone to move from Yes to No, it's something I haven't seen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

I have asked a couple of folks on Twitter today about polls and no real concrete info. is forthcoming.

First was the guy that runs this page http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

Then a journo for the telegraph who published this today http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/benrileysmith/100284673/scotland-decides-17-days-left-team-salmond-believe-the-polls-are-wrong/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I think the polls will be in existence, perhaps embargoed to get out the key message of voter registration prior to the deadline tomorrow, by example this went up in last few minutes.

post-7292-0-05129500-1409566546_thumb.pn

Found this last evening, it reverses the role of the referendum and argues a case for 'joining' Union, where none previously existed.

Of course this is slanted in a certain direction, but it is quite a list !!

post-7292-0-15511200-1409566432_thumb.jp

Posted

Found this last evening, it reverses the role of the referendum and argues a case for 'joining' Union, where none previously existed.

Of course this is slanted in a certain direction, but it is quite a list !!

When people were asked in a poll if they'd join the union today on current T&C's, 18% said Yes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

BT follow up the patronisingBTlady debacle with another ridiculous effort.

We love our kids, we're saying No.

Ergo, implication is - If You are a Yes voter then you either don't love your kids, or love your kids less,

I actually despair and really wonder what goes on in their media team spin room.

post-7292-0-98910000-1409571160_thumb.jp