Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

this is the man telling us that he knows financially what is best for us

post-18233-0-54392000-1409502927_thumb.j

or is he panicking we will find out about his law breaking antics under independence

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted

I am afraid you are wrong you are right it appears on a UK passport but the UK is the political part Britain is a place and therefore we will still be british this is just something dreamt up by BT as they know it will pull at the heart strings of rangers fans and other people who have served in the army.

we wont cease to be british we will cease to serve the union that union being the united kindom.

again I have my passport infront of me and it says united kingdom of great Britain and northern Ireland now if northern Ireland is part of the union why aren't they british or part of great Britain its because great Britain is only the piece of land which Scotland, wales and England are part of which in essence makes the union the united kingdom which is what we are voting to be removed from we cant be removed from Britain as we would have to move the country which isn't possible so the fact we stay part of the land mass of Britain means we remain british its not hard to work out.

Someone from NI is British if they have a UK passport: in their passport, next to nationality it will say British Citizen. You won't be removed from Britain, the island, but you will be removed from the UK, the citizens of which are called "British". When someone says "I'm British", that means "I'm from the UK". You might want to keep saying that, meaning "I am from a country that is part of the Island of Britain", but that is not how pretty much the entire population of the world will understand that statement. Still, if you want people to keep thinking you are in fact still part of the UK post-independence, then go ahead and tell them "I'm British".

Posted

Chris Stephens â€@CStephenssnp 1h

Out canvassing with @YesPollok and @SAFI4YES in SouthPark Village this afternoon. 296 contacts - Yes 54% No 25% Und 21 %

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/model-in-better-together-leaflet-im-voting-yes.25192401

THE face of 2.5 million pro-Union leaflets produced by the UK Government has said she supports independence, the Sunday Herald can reveal. Actress Tracey Jenkins, from Glasgow, said she now felt "slightly embarrassed" at having posed as the mum in a family picture which appears in the 16-page leaflet What Staying In The United Kingdom Means For Scotland.

Now that is funny

Edited by BurntFishTrousers
    • Like 5
    Posted

Craig Munro â€@Fankledoose 2h

Ladywell Livingston Canvass Results Yes-126, No-30, Undecided- 53,  :-) #indyref @yesscotland  

if you want to be nerdy you can work out the % I cant be bothered but YES ahead here prob 65%ish

brilliant and just goes to show its nothing but actors and that they are using instead of normal people

• Like 2
    Posted

Someone from NI is British if they have a UK passport: in their passport, next to nationality it will say British Citizen. You won't be removed from Britain, the island, but you will be removed from the UK, the citizens of which are called "British". When someone says "I'm British", that means "I'm from the UK". You might want to keep saying that, meaning "I am from a country that is part of the Island of Britain", but that is not how pretty much the entire population of the world will understand that statement. Still, if you want people to keep thinking you are in fact still part of the UK post-independence, then go ahead and tell them "I'm British".

lets just say you believe what you want and I will believe the truth

Posted

unionists attack people campaigning at a YES stall outside tynecastle

post-18233-0-51571600-1409505318_thumb.j

Posted

FM saying Yes have 180,000 people signed up to vote who have not been actively voting / been registered before.

I'm assuming this is Radical Independence's work in more deprived areas.

These people don't show up in polls (as evidenced by the common need to up-weight C2 and particularly DE) and could readily give Yes a 5% boost.

Edited by scottish skier
    Posted

First I've heard about this.

A night for Scotland as stars take to the stage in bumper #VoteYes concert

A galaxy of Scotland's top talent is taking to the stage in the final push for a Yes vote in the country's historic referendum campaign.

The star-studded event by SCA Promotions is taking place at Edinburgh’s century-old Usher Hall on the evening of September 14, with tickets going on sale tomorrow.

The line-up includes worldwide triple platinum Scots rockers Franz Ferdinand, titans of noise Mogwai, cult indie-rock band Frightened Rabbit, McIntosh-Ross, a collaboration between Deacon Blue members Lorraine McIntosh and Ricky Ross, folk icon Eddi Reader and Scottish actress and comedian Elaine C Smith, plus more to be announced, coming together at one of Scotland's grandest venues to show their support for Yes in the countdown to the referendum.

A statement from Mogwai said: "This is a really exciting time for Scotland and it's great to be part of this event to campaign for #VoteYes in such an iconic venue with some top Scottish talent...

I wonder if they can get Amy MacDonald in the line-up. I'd buy a ticket just to see her.

Come on Proclaimers - man up!

Edited by scottish skier
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Not sure if this is actually Banksy or an imitation. Still, says a lot.

post-7292-0-59253000-1409511738_thumb.jp

Also, Amy MacDonald, I agree would be a fine addition to that gig line up..

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

uk prob going to end in 2 weeks. bye bye bayyybeeeeee.

• Like 1
    Posted
    • Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

uk prob going to end in 2 weeks. bye bye bayyybeeeeee.

So long and thanks for all the fish!

OH WAIT.

• Like 3
    Posted

How the BBC reports a pro-union BNP campaigner kicking a woman in the stomach.

'Yes activist attacks unionist's foot with stomach' is not far off.

Jim's egg from persons unknown is a whole other story. Front page news for days. 'Salmond to call off vile attack' dogs etc.

Arrest after confrontation between Yes and No supporters

A 55-year-old man has been charged in connection with an alleged assault, following a disturbance between Yes and No supporters in Glasgow.

About 30 campaigners were involved in what was described as a "heated debate" in the city's Argyle Street at about 16:00.

An allegation was made that a woman was assaulted and a man was arrested.

Police said he has been released and a report will be sent to the procurator fiscal.

We're just missing 'Spontaneous Combustion at Yes Shop'.

Edited by scottish skier
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

BRILIANT!!! :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  

That's not just brilliant, its utter genius! Actually made me laugh out loud at times.

Posted

That's not just brilliant, its utter genius! Actually made me laugh out loud at times.

aye ah was pishin masel tae had the other half chuckin things at me tellin me tae shut up cos she couldnae hear the telly.

Posted

IF they BP really do pull out then we will be exactly like Norway because the government can then take over producing the oil and take all the revenue from it but I really don't see big companies throwing profit and £13.5 billion they just invested down the drain plus why have BP just finished building a big new headquarters building in Aberdeen if they plan to pull out.

There are tax breaks now in Norway for the exploration and initial development phase. But once producing, the tax revenue is 70%+. Its a well drilled model, that the Norwegians can afford. Scotland can't. Salmond doesn't have the patience or the funds. It will be tax tax tax from the get go. The Chinese now own 11% of all North Sea assets that would fall under an independent Scotland. Just thought I'd throw that it in. 

Posted

There are tax breaks now in Norway for the exploration and initial development phase. But once producing, the tax revenue is 70%+. Its a well drilled model, that the Norwegians can afford. Scotland can't. Salmond doesn't have the patience or the funds. It will be tax tax tax from the get go. The Chinese now own 11% of all North Sea assets that would fall under an independent Scotland. Just thought I'd throw that it in. 

http://blog.maerskoil.com/post/94437248933/a-seismic-shift?utm_content=sf29653385&utm_medium=spredfast&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=Socialtraffic&sf29653385=1#.VANn8vldWWb

Culzean is small beer, yet at 5% of UK gas needs... well, that's 60% of Scotland's needs surely?

Whit a burden. Terrible. 

14 years in the industry. And not alone at all.

Aye, they've no idea. The Scots in the industry that is. 

Edited by scottish skier
    Posted

http://blog.maerskoil.com/post/94437248933/a-seismic-shift?utm_content=sf29653385&utm_medium=spredfast&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=Socialtraffic&sf29653385=1#.VANn8vldWWb

Culzean is small beer, yet at 5% of UK gas needs... well, that's 60% of Scotland's needs surely?

Whit a burden. Terrible. 

14 years in the industry. And not alone at all.

I was thinking more about Buzzard in the Moray Firth which is operated by Nexen, and now owned by the Chinese. 

Posted

I was thinking more about Buzzard in the Moray Firth which is operated by Nexen, and now owned by the Chinese. 

Which was the largest discovery in the North Sea for many a year. Initially estimates put it a 600 million barrels, but  revised upwards now. Scotland won't see that. Nexen (Canadian) sold out to the Chinese. Like Talisman did, who also have assets in the Moray Firth. Is Salmond going to wrestle those assets back?

Posted

I'd have taken you more seriously if you hadn't gone with the.. 

SALMOND KLAXON!

:wink:

Is Salmond going to wrestle those assets back?

Aye, bare knuckle.

Posted

Which was the largest discovery in the North Sea for many a year. Initially estimates put it a 600 million barrels, but  revised upwards now. Scotland won't see that. Nexen (Canadian) sold out to the Chinese. Like Talisman did, who also have assets in the Moray Firth. Is Salmond going to wrestle those assets back?

Btw, thats part of my job, looking for subtle stratigraphic plays in the North Sea. And it matters not one jot to me - go your own way if you like.