• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

I wonder where she has some influence.

Not in Scotland obviously. Not as as the leader of a minor party which will unlikely ever be in power.

Not in Westminster either. I mean what have here feeble 13/59 achieved so far through this 'influence'?

A bigger block grant? Nope.

How about staying in the single market? Nope.

How about devolution protected in the EU bill? Nope.

Dropping the migration target? LOL like that will happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-44290083

Davidson urges May to drop migration target

So, that's the total sum of sweet FA influence on anything, unless anyone can add a single example of this 'influence'?

Ruth's extremely unpopular in Scotland. This is why her party only gets 2/10 votes at 'peak'. 

The only reason she's bigged up by the English media is that she's the UK's last hope given Labour's fall from grace in Scotland.

Votes wise she's done worse than Thatcher and couldn't even surpass Micheal Foot (or at least her and May couldn't). 

So, yes, congratulations!

Long may she remain in charge of the Tory far, far, far north of Englandshire branch office. ?

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 2
Just now, scottish skier said:

Whilst at the same time Scotland suffered mass emigration and closure of its industrial base.

I wonder how the Yoon media will spin this, I assume however, that they will just ignore it.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

I really look forward to independence.

All Under One Banner: Indy rallies.

This coming Saturday (2nd June) in Dumfries starting south end of High Street at 12.30

June 23rd. Bannockburn/Stirling : can we get 100k folk at the gethering?

July 28th. Inverness

August 25th. Dundee

"Would you like to cross the street though the march hen? Here, let me help and carry your bags!"

Let's put the ugly sectarian Orange fest hate merchants in the twilight shadows where they belong.

NB. For anyone who has never witnessed an Orange parade, if you try to cross their path you are quite likely to end up with a good kicking or worse. It's traditional you see.

• Like 2

A bright future awaits as part of the UK!

It's great to have the English Tories in change of macro fiscal and economic policy. 

The really know what they're doing when it comes to 'plans' for trade and the economy etc. I mean look at the brexit negotiations; masters of the art. Really playing those furriners like a fiddle!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44321209

Scottish economy faces 'subdued' growth for years to come

Scotland's economy is set for five more years of "subdued" growth, lagging behind the UK as a whole, the Scottish Fiscal Commission has warned.

The forecaster cut its estimates for the coming years, saying growth will fail to exceed 1% in the years to 2023.

Edited by scottish skier
4 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

A bright future awaits as part of the UK!

It's great to have the English Tories in change of macro fiscal and economic policy. 

The really know what they're doing when it comes to 'plans' for trade and the economy etc. I mean look at the brexit negotiations; masters of the art. Really playing those furriners like a fiddle!

Where as independent EU member Ireland will grow at 5% this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ruth Davidson summed up perfectly.

So much for her using her 'influence' to stop May rounding up and deporting people in Scotland the English Tories don't want living on their islands.

Edited by scottish skier

EDIT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-44316575

Dumfries marchers show support for independence

Thousands of Scottish independence supporters have taken to the streets of Dumfries in the latest of a series of events around the country.

All Under One Banner organised a similar march in Glasgow last month.

The Dumfries event started in the town centre and paraded along a number of streets before ending up in the Dock Park.

Police had advised anyone visiting the town to expect travel delays during the event.

Among the groups taking part in the march is English Scots for Yes D&G.

I'm hoping to attend the one on the 23rd. Should be a good day out.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 2

Fantastic day at Dumfries. From bairns in pushchairs to us wrinklies waving flags and banners. Lots of dogs on the rally too. A good natured fun day that, after a foggy start even saw the sun come out.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, frogesque said:

Fantastic day at Dumfries. From bairns in pushchairs to us wrinklies waving flags and banners. Lots of dogs on the rally too. A good natured fun day that, after a foggy start even saw the sun come out.

Good to hear the canine vote is swinging oor way! ?

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unsurprising to discover.

She'll sell out Scotland at each and every opportunity she possibly can.

A safe Tory seat in England is her goal. You don't get that for standing up for Scotland. 

Amusingly, the fact she was ignored is a sign of her, erm, 'influence'. ?

Edited by scottish skier

Someone else from Scotland the English Tories find undesirable. 

Why are we letting 'hostile environment' racist scum round up and deport people from Scotland like this?

Whatever your views on immigration, it should be Scots alone who decide who they want in Scotland.

As it stands we have pale sweaty racist Tories from hundreds of miles away down south sending their brownshirts up across the border to round up and deport wee orphaned kids.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44355630

Boy aged 10 faces deportation after being orphaned

A 10-year-old boy who has lived in Glasgow since he was three faces being deported to Georgia after being left an orphan.

Giorgi Kakava moved to Scotland with his mother Sophie when his father was killed by Georgian criminals.

Ms Baikhadze died in February after suffering a long illness.

Now Giorgi's grandmother Katie Baikhadze, who he lives with in Springburn, is fighting for him to be given asylum.

And lets not kid ourselves on about this. That's what's happening. The arbitrary targets are not based on any sound socio-economic reasoning; it's simply xenophobia.

We even have concentration camps where entire families are interred for extended periods. 

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 4
19 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Why are we letting 'hostile environment' racist scum round up and deport people from Scotland like this?

Whatever your views on immigration, it should be Scots alone who decide who they want in Scotland.

As it stands we have pale sweaty racist Tories from hundreds of miles away down south sending their brownshirts up across the border to round up and deport wee orphaned kids.

And lets not kid ourselves on about this. That's what's happening. The arbitrary targets are not based on any sound socio-economic reasoning; it's simply xenophobia.

We even have concentration camps where entire families are interred for extended periods. 

It's absolutely disgusting that this has even got this far for this poor wee fella.

It's the UKs shame.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

From what ever angle to look at that situation with that poor child it is blatantly wrong,nobody can defend that action. We live in a so call civilised society,actions like that are not acceptable

https://www.britannica.com/topic/concentration-camp

Just to help you with the definition though.

52 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Utterly sick; and makes one ashamed to be British! :cray:

Though, I suspect some on here will welcome the deportation of another member of the 'culturally impure'?:angry:

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, markyo said:

From what ever angle to look at that situation with that poor child it is blatantly wrong,nobody can defend that action. We live in a so call civilised society,actions like that are not acceptable

https://www.britannica.com/topic/concentration-camp

Just to help you with the definition though.

I used the definition correctly then.

Concentration camp, internment centre for political prisoners and members of national or minority groups who are confined for reasons of state security, exploitation, or punishment, usually by executive decree or military order. 

People in e.g. Dungavel are interred against their will for extended periods without any trial yet present no threat to public safety nor state security.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43383107

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/dungavel-detention-centre-slave-labour-11851052

Dungavel detention centre in slave labour shame as asylum seekers paid just £1 an hour for work

The centre is run by GEO Group, one of America's top private prison companies, who backed Trump's Presidential campaign.

They are interred there for purely political reasons; i.e. so the Tories can be seen to be 'acting tough' on migrants with arbitrary targets.

They are therefore political prisoners. 

So:

Political prisoners = check

Minority groups = check

Confined by executive decree (rather than court trial) = check

Yup, concentration camps.

EDIT

We can add 'slave labour' to camp activities. 

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

I used the definition correctly then.

People in e.g. Dungavel are interred against their will for extended periods without any trial yet present no threat to public safety nor state security.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43383107

They are interred there for purely political reasons; i.e. so the Tories can be seen to be 'acting tough' on migrants with arbitrary targets.

They are therefore political prisoners. 

So:

Political prisoners = check

Minority groups = check

Confined by executive decree (rather than court trial) = check

Yup, concentration camps.

EDIT

We can add 'slave labour' to camp activities. 

"They are also to be distinguished from refugee camps or detention and relocation centres."

It depends on your interpretation then,mine differs.

20 minutes ago, markyo said:

"They are also to be distinguished from refugee camps or detention and relocation centres."

It depends on your interpretation then,mine differs.

That's mealy mouthed.

They're concentration camps by all the standard definitions.

Calling them a different name doesn't change their purpose.

They are for detaining people from minority groups without trial for extended periods ahead of transportation / deportation. They are not managed by the police / courts of law, but by a government agency through direct executive decree.

Inmates present no threat to public safety or national security. They are being detained simply due to current government policy, i.e. are political prisoners.

If we are going to lock people up for extended periods, they should only be locked up by the police/courts after due legal process and because they present a clear threat to public safety / national security. 

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 3