Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted
    2 hours ago, Ravelin said:

The BBC finally seem to have a story on it, which makes absolutely no mention of the political party the 'substance' was sent to, or the message on at least one packet. I'm trying very, very hard not to let my own allegiances cloud my judgement but it appears that the BBC just can't help themselves and are deliberately withholding some of the facts of the story. Why do so when they are readily available elsewhere?

Seems Like a fairly concerted attack on Scottish people / democracy.

I just hope it's some rogue unionist and we're not witnessing the start of British terrorists attacking Scotland again.

I was three when they bombed Glasgow; one went off not far from my gran's house.

Thankfully, they've largely kept themselves to N. Ireland; George square 2014 celebratory riot aside.

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 4
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted

So, I'm up in Scotland today and I was at Haymarket Station to get the train to Dundee.

I was at the WH Smith looking to buy a National but couldn't see them.

I enquired of the newsagent where they were, and he pointed to the bottom shelf. All I could see was The Sun. It appears that someone had put The Sun on top of The Nationals.

Coincidence?

Posted
    32 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

So, I'm up in Scotland today and I was at Haymarket Station to get the train to Dundee.

I was at the WH Smith looking to buy a National but couldn't see them.

I enquired of the newsagent where they were, and he pointed to the bottom shelf. All I could see was The Sun. It appears that someone had put The Sun on top of The Nationals.

Coincidence?

Happens regularly, Nationals get hidden under piles of other papers. On the other hand it's not been unknown for the Daily Mail to be found at the back of the cornflakes! All part of the ongoing attrition between Indy and Union. Not that I would ever hide the Mail in with the cornflakes, some poor unsuspecting child could be traumatised for life.

The deep freezer is much more appropriate!

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Morning all , A poll for you guys out overnight.

IMG_6886.PNG

IMG_6887.PNG

Edited by Mark wheeler
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: HOT SUNSHINE!

SS what's going on with Alex Salmond, is there any word on what he intends doing? I think we need him.

Posted
    53 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Morning all , A poll for you guys out overnight.

IMG_6886.PNG

IMG_6887.PNG

Peak Tory 13% behind SNP. Fairly comfortable with that. Pleased to see the Unionist vote beginning to fragment and going to SLab and LibDems.

Edited by frogesque
    Posted

times.jpg

A 13% lead would be a 'historical landslide' of May 2011 proportions. A 'stunning victory' that 'shakes the very foundations of the UK'. 

Was the SNP lead over labour after all.

However, we are still to early for for GE polls in Scotland to show accuracy based on patterns ahead of every GE we have polling records for.

Nice to see all (sensible) polls agreeing Yes is on the rise. That and the Tories are hitting their heads now on the expected ceiling. Even much of the No vote just will not ever vote for them it appears; couldn't stomach that.

Why unionists think this election is about indy I don't know. Surely such polling results should prove that Sturgeon is correct when she says it's not? Everyone knows the mandate for iref2 was secured last May and Scots are well used to voting different ways for Holyrood vs Westminster for different aims. 

--

EDIT

Looks to me that there is large anti-EU vote and it's spreading between the Libs / Greens / SNP and even Lab. Part of the reason May looks a million miles from getting a mandate in Scotland for her brexit vision; ~70% against is a serious rejection.

This could act as the trigger this time for last minute switching. In the past it was simply 'anti-Tory', now it could be both anti-Tory anti-Brext. Used to give labour up to 10 points in the last few weeks 2010 and before. Was so annoying watching SNP move to Lab and Lib tactically. SNP polled as high as 33(+13)% ahead of 2010 for example. We shall see, but take care with polls until late next month. 

Certainly, May made a mistake making this a brexit vote re-run as if we are even roughly in the ballpark, she's lost, big style.

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow
    54 minutes ago, frogesque said:

Peak Tory 13% behind SNP. Fairly comfortable with that. Pleased to see the Unionist vote beginning to fragment and going to SLab and LibDems.

The polling only adds up to 94%, I wonder how many % were Green? 

Posted
    21 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

The polling only adds up to 94%, I wonder how many % were Green? 

Could be Green or even UKIP (no laughing up the back please!).

Indy VI still steady too, even with no pro Indy campaign running. The UK becoming increasingly bifurcated.

• Like 2
    Posted

As much as I like Patrick Harvie and The Greens, a vote for them in the GE could be difference to the SNP retaining a couple of seats.

Also, 41% seems on the low side of norm for me.

Whatever the result though, if Unionist parties win even one extra seat it will be sold as a Unionist victory in the MSM.

• Like 1
    Posted

i see Blair McDougal, yes, the Labour SpAd, he of Better Together is to stand in the GE for East Renfrewshire.

Just a couple of the more wonderful memories of that illustrious BT campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH9TvFMYs48

Or, if that is too sickening , how about some light relief?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afRE3RwLwaE

Edited by frogesque
    • Like 2
    Posted
    50 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

As much as I like Patrick Harvie and The Greens, a vote for them in the GE could be difference to the SNP retaining a couple of seats.

Also, 41% seems on the low side of norm for me.

Whatever the result though, if Unionist parties win even one extra seat it will be sold as a Unionist victory in the MSM.

I'm voting Greens first next week but nothing would persuade me to vote Green in June, what's the point? It would serve no useful purpose at the moment. In an ideal world I'd vote Green every time as their policies are solid, but June isn't a time for being idealistic. 

Posted

Jeez, the silent majority are really not responding to polls.

This really bad.

Yougov unweighted base with difference from reality.

75(-7)% Scotland
    19(+9)% rUK / England
    6(-3)% Non-UK

It's a similar problem for all the online pollsters, but really bad. Scots and EU nationals not responding.

English / rUK clamoring to shout 'I'm voting Tory!'.

Hitting SNP share, yet Yes support showing rises. You can't weight such a problem out.

Interesting.

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Apparently Theresa doesn't have a clue where she is? - Nae change there then!

https://mobile.twitter.com/davecameroon/status/857841346912104448

Rik Kendell

Replying to @MagsNews 100% correct. That's my workplace, she didn't arrive until we'd all left for the day. Everyone in the building past 6pm was invite-only.

I don't know what TM expects to achieve buy not addressing the great unwashed personally?

Edited by Blitzen
    Posted

More from You Gov

IMG_6894.PNG

Edited by Mark wheeler
    • Like 2
    Posted
    4 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

More from You Gov

IMG_6894.PNG

So we keep on getting told. However, there is a democratic mandate for a new IRef and Scotland shall have one.

Anyone who does nt want Indy can vote NO. How difficult is that to understand. BTW, not getting at you personally Mark, I appreciate you are just bringing that particular poll to the fore. However, there are other polls that suggest differently.

Posted
    11 minutes ago, frogesque said:

So we keep on getting told. However, there is a democratic mandate for a new IRef and Scotland shall have one.

Anyone who does nt want Indy can vote NO. How difficult is that to understand. BTW, not getting at you personally Mark, I appreciate you are just bringing that particular poll to the fore. However, there are other polls that suggest differently.

That's fine , I was a bit surprised by it but to be honest I was just browsing the site as I do currently a couple of times a day and saw it had not been posted so hey presto. I did the same yesterday I think that showed Indy support growing . :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
    1 hour ago, Mark wheeler said:

That's fine , I was a bit surprised by it but to be honest I was just browsing the site as I do currently a couple of times a day and saw it had not been posted so hey presto. I did the same yesterday I think that showed Indy support growing . :)

It's good you're posting all the polls. It helps to provide balance in here.

I'm yet to see any evidence that suggests No are not still consistently ahead, 53-47 seems to be about right.

I have a feeling a referendum in 2018/2019 may still come too soon for Independence supporters but long way to go and all that.

Edited by SW Saltire
    • Like 1
    Posted
    2 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Given the sample isn't representative; as I noted earlier, there's no real need for surprise.

It's an issue with all the online pollsters I don't quite understand.

English living in Scotland answer polls very enthusiastically (twice as likely), while Scots much less likely (9% less likely) to agree to give their VI. Which means SNP / Yes always lower than what the final result is historically. It's an issue of non-random sampling online polling.

So, technically, polls which oddly show Yes increasing, but SNP not doing so well, suggests maybe the more anti-indy people are moving to Yes, while established Yes can't be bothered getting excited about an English election (which is what the June 8th election is) so are not answering polls.

It's certainly happened to me. I used to answer polls all the time hoping it would be political. Yougov, panelbase, survation... Can't be assed now. I've become the 'silent majority' when I used to be the vocal minority in the old days. I guess it's due to SNP and Yes becoming so dominant / mainstream.

My biggest concern is that turnout is lower in Scotland.

Given that it's an English election essentially, it could mean Scots don't vote as much and we end up with a weird result as per polls.

Here is the last poll we have for a Scottish election by contrast (from March).

support-for-independence-rises-as-refere

Tories ~10-13% lower than polls for the English parliament election.

Only Scottish elections now reflect how Scots really feel this having developed over the past 10-15 years as Holyrood and Westminster voting patterns diverged. And of course even then, local and national elections are voted on differently.

UK elections are now like EU elections. It's different of course in England where Westminster is still the main parliament.

Given a Scots MP will for example never be UK PM...chancellor.... senior cabinet... you can understand why English Tories here are keen to vote while everyone else cares a lot less. The latter are still voting like they live in 'Britain'.

However, all folk should still vote as the UK isn't a functioning democracy at the moment. While Scotland is very healthy democratically by contrast, it's still part of the UK.

And if corybn is what the UK has as an opposition, the SNP are needed down there! :wink:

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 3
    Posted
    4 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Given the sample isn't representative; as I noted earlier, there's no real need for surprise.

It's an issue with all the online pollsters I don't quite understand.

English living in Scotland answer their polls very enthusiastically (twice as likely), while Scots much less likely (9% less likely) to agree to give their VI. Which means SNP / Yes always lower than what the final result is historically. 

So, technically, polls which oddly show Yes increasing, but SNP not doing so well, suggests maybe the more anti-indy people are moving to Yes, while established Yes can't be bothered getting excited about an English election (which is what the June 8th election is) so are not answering polls.

It's certainly happened to me. I used to answer polls all the time hoping it would be political. Yougov, panelbase, survation... Can't be assed now. I've become the 'silent majority' when I used to be the vocal minority in the old days. I guess it's due to SNP and Yes becoming so dominant / mainstream.

My biggest concern is that turnout is lower in Scotlland.

Given that it's an English election essentially, it could mean Scots don't vote as much and we end up with a weird result as per polls.

Here is the last poll we have for a Scottish election by contrast.

support-for-independence-rises-as-refere

Tories ~10-13% lower.

Only Scottish elections now reflect how Scots really feel over the past 10-15 years. And of course even then, local and national are voted on differently.

UK elections are now like EU elections. It's different of course in England where Westminster is still the main parliament.

Given a Scots MP will for example never be UK PM...chancellor.... senior cabinet... you can understand why English Tories here are keen to vote, while everyone else cares a lot less.

However, folk should still vote as the UK isn't a functioning democracy at the moment. While Scotland is very healthy democratically by contrast, it's still part of the UK.

And if corybn is what the UK has as an opposition, the SNP are needed down there! :wink:

Check for me if you have time but my reading of the tables is that the sample had to be downweighted substantially against ABC1 too, their sample is double wonky if so surely?

Posted
    16 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Check for me if you have time but my reading of the tables is that the sample had to be downweighted substantially against ABC1 too, their sample is double wonky if so surely?

Sure. All the main No demographics are enthusiastically answering but the Yes demographics are quiet.

Hardly a surprise.

Q. Will a vote for any party stop UK brexit? 

A. No

Q. Will a vote for any party stop a hard UK brexit?

A. No

Q Will a vote for any party stop a Tory majority if the English vote that way?

A. No

Q. Will a vote for the SNP mean a new iref?

A. No, that's already sorted in Holyrood

Q Will my Scots MP have chance of senior cabinet maybe, even PM one day?

A. No

Q. Will my vote help shape UK economic policy, welfare etc?

A. No

Q. Does my Scottish vote count for anything in UK elections?

A. No only English votes matter. As you can see from 2015. We just laughed at you voting SNP, and ignored you as always.

Q. Will voting Tory stop independence?

A. No it should not democratically, but you can try and  May will love to use your vote to block democracy if she can.

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 2
    Posted

All developing as expected. Growth fallen by over half in Q1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39743129

UK economy grows by 0.3% as service sector slows

The UK economy grew by just 0.3% at the start of the year, the slowest growth rate since the first three months of 2016, according to official figures.

The Office for National Statistics said that the slower pace in the January-to-March period was due mainly to the service sector, which sank to 0.3% growth against 0.8% at the end of 2016.

The SNP need to use their 'control over the economy' to solve this.

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

All I read on here is how popular the SNP are and how they can do no wrong and yet when I look at other comments it seems that that opinion is not universally shared. Now I know that the BBC in the eyes of Scottish nationalists is very biased, but is there a possible chance that the type of comments posted below reflect a more true reflection of Scottish opinion that what we witness on this thread? A lot of comments posted here are from Scots who do not share the SNP 'vision'. Are they all misguided or do they have a point?

Comment number1. Posted byBMT-An Alternative View

on10 hours ago

It doesn't matter how good, bad or indifferent any proposal put by Sturgeon and the SNP is, unless there is an indyref2 they're not interested in whats good for the Scottish people, only what they perceive to be good for the SNP.
    The UK will leave the EU. Get used to it SNP and start governing in Scotland with all the powers you already have and leave Brexit to the elected UK govt.

ReportComment number 1

Link toComment number 1

Rate comment number 1 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 1:257

Rate comment number 1 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 1:38

Comment number3. Posted byn0 thanks nic0la its still N0

on10 hours ago

The snp under Nicoliar Sturgeon are without question the most dishonest party in the UK.

New SNP motto:

Any lie will do for indyref2

ReportComment number 3

Link toComment number 3

Rate comment number 3 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 3:226

Rate comment number 3 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 3:39

Comment number18. Posted byHeather

on10 hours ago

I admire Theresa May for standing up to this SNP government. The SNP do not speak for the majority of Scots, who do not want independence. I voted to remain in Europe, but have never and would never vote SNP. Never mind Europe NS, trade with the rest of the UK is worth four times trade with the EU. Its time for SNP to accept things for what they are, to move on and to govern Scotland properly.

ReportComment number 18

Link toComment number 18

Rate comment number 18 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 18:198

Rate comment number 18 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 18:28

Comment number10. Posted bybraveheart

on10 hours ago

It is all coming to an end for the SNP. Their only chance of independence was to show some competence governing Scotland which they are failing miserably at. Education in Scotland has declined under the best of the SNP representative so they are not capable of running Scotland. Scots voters seen through SNP and the their terminal decline is starting to gain momentum. There will be no indyref2.

ReportComment number 10

Link toComment number 10

Rate comment number 10 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 10:176

Rate comment number 10 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 10:25

Comment number17. Posted byFugazi

on10 hours ago

The UK, including over 1m Scots, voted to leave the EU.

The SNP asked their fanatics to vote remain in the hope of triggering indyref2 and not because they actually want to be in the EU.

The idea that while the UK as a whole leaves that Scotland could somehow obtain EFTA or EAA is complete nonsense.

Everyone including the SNP knows this.

It was all about creating a path to indyref2.

ReportComment number 17

Link toComment number 17

Rate comment number 17 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 17:165

Rate comment number 17 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 17:23

Comment number51. Posted byPuckshark

on9 hours ago

The SNP don't care about the EU or single market access. They only care about Scottish independence and will use any means to get it.

ReportComment number 51

Link toComment number 51

Rate comment number 51 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 51:153

Rate comment number 51 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 51:16

Comment number9. Posted bytwinbob2

on10 hours ago

@ 5 The majority in the UK voted Leave which includes Scotland , get used to it,

ReportComment number 9

Link toComment number 9

Rate comment number 9 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 9:132

Rate comment number 9 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 9:25

Comment number48. Posted byYorkshire Man

on9 hours ago

Snp still whinging about 2 child tax credit polycystic. Why the state shouldn't have to fund peoples life style choices if you choice to have more than 2 then you are responsible for financial consequences not state.
    As to the rape clause its designed not to penalise victims of crime and is there as an exception to the policy.

Get real its a good policy and snp just ranting over nowt

ReportComment number 48

Link toComment number 48

Rate comment number 48 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 48:126

Rate comment number 48 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 48:19

Comment number22. Posted byBritScot

on10 hours ago

@11. Chnmmr 

LOL ! - Really - must be a different Scotland than the one I live in !

NHS is a mess

This "Growing Export Economy" isn't to the EU - that's reducing

ONE day ONE the Windmills for a moment could have supplied the required power needs, and that was a "windy Day"

As for Education and Crime, where do you start ??

Total fantasist

ReportComment number 22

Link toComment number 22

Rate comment number 22 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 22:115

Rate comment number 22 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 22:16

Comment number50. Posted byJollybeggar

on9 hours ago

Mike Russell Said "Indeed there were no insurmountable issues raised in the engagement between officials that took place over the last two months."

So Sturgeon was lying when she said that the Tories would not engage then.

Can't trust the SNP, they will do and say anything to serve their obsession. Vote the clowns out.

ReportComment number 50

Link toComment number 50

Rate comment number 50 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 50:88

Rate comment number 50 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 50:9

Comment number53. Posted byAnthony B Liar - EU President wannabe

on9 hours ago

You can almost sense the bile and fizz emanating form Sturgeon as she sees her dream of being President of Scotland slipping from her bony fingers.

Very similar to the way Blair has erupted since it became clear his dreams of EU Presidency are now a non-starter.

Hate-filled verbal attacks against anyone who stand in their way, like rabid dogs determined to escape a room...

ReportComment number 53

Link toComment number 53

Rate comment number 53 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 53:78

Rate comment number 53 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 53:9

Comment number64. Posted byEverhopeful

on9 hours ago

Scotland's nationalists say they want independence yet are trying o remain tied to a United Europe.

What kind of independence do they really want?

Are they truly nationalist or just England haters?

ReportComment number 64

Link toComment number 64

Rate comment number 64 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 64:76

Rate comment number 64 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 64:9

Comment number46. Posted byn0 thanks nic0la its still N0

on10 hours ago

Comments by snp folk on here are a joke:

34 - Banking jobs create overcrowding in SE
    36 - Banking will move to Edinburgh instead of Frankfurt and Paris

All the reast just pure guff.

Do you have a team of monkies working on this round the clock?

It's worth a Tory vote to dump these fools.

ReportComment number 46

Link toComment number 46

Rate comment number 46 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 46:70

Rate comment number 46 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 46:11

Comment number47. Posted bycol

on10 hours ago

This comment was removed because it broke the house rules. Explain

Comment number49. Posted byFRZ

on9 hours ago

The problem is, the SNP are using anything and everything to try and further their own goal of independence, even to the detriment of the Scottish economy and Scottish people. Everything else is prioritised below this singular goal.

ReportComment number 49

Link toComment number 49

Rate comment number 49 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 49:67

Rate comment number 49 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 49:9

Comment number45. Posted byDrew Stirling

on10 hours ago

Nicola Sturgeon does not care about the single market or remaining in Europe because all the SNP want is independence. Any argument that they can make for how they are fighting Scotland's corner and 'We' the Scots are being bullied is all that they care about.

At present Scotland is stronger and better as part of the UK. If you don't want Indyref2 vote for anyone other than SNP or Greens at G/E

ReportComment number 45

Link toComment number 45

Rate comment number 45 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 45:62

Rate comment number 45 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 45:8

Comment number58. Posted byBP

on9 hours ago

Last GE it wasn't about Independence either remember the 'Stronger For Scotland' billboards! 

What have they achieved, answers please?

A shower of Chancers, the MPs we sent to Westminster are a joke, with little crediblity just attitude! 

A national embarrassment.

Conservatives for me, out of EU and retain the Union, everything the NATS don't want apparently!

ReportComment number 58

Link toComment number 58

Rate comment number 58 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 58:62

Rate comment number 58 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 58:9

Comment number60. Posted byn0 thanks nic0la its still N0

on9 hours ago

52. Ewan
    ... the UK.

The UK is made up of four, not always aligned, countries. A 'union' ruled by a small elite in Westminster who's simple objective is to line their own pockets. Cameron/BoJo/Farage/Osbourn plus more.
    ---

But not at all like the crooks and pie-eaters of the snp with their greedy fat snouts in the westminster expenses trough pigging out till the gout bursts their toes? lol

ReportComment number 60

Link toComment number 60

Rate comment number 60 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 60:61

Rate comment number 60 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 60:8

Comment number16. Posted byNell

on10 hours ago

If Scotland were in the EU and/or still part of EEA/EFTA, then trading England to Scotland would be the same as England to Germany or any other EU27 countries. They can't single out Scotland as creating barriers while shouting about still trading fine with Germany etc. 

Trading with EU27 - with or without Scotland - will mean still complying with all the EU regs.

ReportComment number 16

Link toComment number 16

Rate comment number 16 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 16:60

Rate comment number 16 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 16:1

Comment number65. Posted byPuckshark

on9 hours ago

All statements from the SNP or Sturgeon follow this formula:

1. X is a problem
    2. The cause of X is the "Westminster Government" or "Tories"
    3. The solution to X is an independent Scotland

It doesn't matter if X is Brexit, the weather or the many screw-ups the SNP have made themselves, their only goal is independence.

ReportComment number 65

Link toComment number 65

Rate comment number 65 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 65:53

Rate comment number 65 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 65:8

Comment number89. Posted byMuckleJim

on9 hours ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The SNP do not, and never have spoken for me as a Scot.

The SNP speak for the SNP and the SNP alone.

They're running our schools, NHS, police and everything else into the ground. That's because they exist only to pursue independence at literally any cost, all other matters of government are just distractions to them.

That isn't what Scots want.

ReportComment number 89

Link toComment number 89

Rate comment number 89 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 89:53

Rate comment number 89 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 89:10

Comment number7. Posted byarbhall

on10 hours ago

This comment was removed because it broke the house rules. Explain

Comment number167. Posted byVelocerantor

on9 hours ago

As a proud Scot, who has voted labour all his life and to remain in the EU, even I can see that there are times when you have to put party allegiances to one side and vote for what's best for the country. Right now, the best thing anyone can do is vote for the conservatives. SNP have a one track mind, labour are all over the place and the Lib Dems are, well, pointless.

ReportComment number 167

Link toComment number 167

Rate comment number 167 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 167:51

Rate comment number 167 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 167:6

Comment number20. Posted byPenfold

on10 hours ago

The EU will not allow part of a country access to the single market - fact. It would be funny to allow Sturgeon to attempt to negotiate her plans with the EU and laugh as she comes back with her tail between her legs when they don't entertain her proposals.

ReportComment number 20

Link toComment number 20

Rate comment number 20 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 20:51

Rate comment number 20 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 20:7

Comment number31. Posted byBritScot

on10 hours ago

@21. Diamond Geezer 

N.I. isn't joining the EU, Neither will Scotland !

Why not simply make the vote restricted to snp party members - you "might" just get enough voters then.

And please note the buzzword / spin is now "the will of the Scottish PARLIAMENT" - wee NS has abandoned any pretence about the Scottish People.

The lack of understanding on the EU is down to snp spin and lies

ReportComment number 31

Link toComment number 31

Rate comment number 31 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 31:51

Rate comment number 31 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 31:8

Comment number62. Posted bydazbarc

on9 hours ago

Sturgeon said Judge me on education something she's doing her best to forget,the SNP are and always have been a one trick pony and now there is only 25% interest in indyref she is trying to backtrack her only weapon ready to whinge again when it suits

ReportComment number 62

Link toComment number 62

Rate comment number 62 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 62:50

Rate comment number 62 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 62:8

Comment number41. Posted byYorkshire Man

on10 hours ago

It's the same old same old with the Scottish snp they want special treatment and a special deal they presume they are entitled to more than rest of Uk.
    They already get more per head than people in England and still whinge.
    Unfortunately for them they don't have the rights they demand and have to duck it up they are still in and subject to westminster. Tough

ReportComment number 41

Link toComment number 41

Rate comment number 41 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 41:48

Rate comment number 41 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 41:11

Comment number221. Posted byWhenWordsFail

on9 hours ago

182. Whisky Tan 
    Sturgeon made a clear threat to EU nationals on camera. 
    She threatened to send them home. There was outrage in Westminster. 

Sturgeon was 'Trumping' long before Trump was in power.

ReportComment number 221

Link toComment number 221

Rate comment number 221 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 221:44

Rate comment number 221 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 221:7

Comment number142. Posted bywelshloiner

on9 hours ago

104. The English do not hate the Scots they hate the SNP, for good reason.

ReportComment number 142

Link toComment number 142

Rate comment number 142 positivelyNumber of positive ratings for comment 142:44

Rate comment number 142 negativelyNumber of negative ratings for comment 142:9

Comment number30. Posted byreactively-moderated

on10 hours ago

Nippy will be upset... 

but never mind as she is too busy trying to backtrack in Scotland and say that its all not about independence after all as the polls suggests she will be getting a beating from the people of Scotland at the polls...

ReportComment number 30

Link toComment number 30

• Like 2
    Posted
    18 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

All I read on here is how popular the SNP are and how they can do no wrong and yet when I look at other comments it seems that that opinion is not universally shared. Now I know that the BBC in the eyes of Scottish nationalists is very biased, but is there a possible chance that the type of comments posted below reflect a more true reflection of Scottish opinion that what we witness on this thread? A lot of comments posted here are from Scots who do not share the SNP 'vision'. Are they all misguided or do they have a point?

Quite obviously not. It's comments on the internet, mainly from England by a simple 9:1 force of numbers.

I'm English BTW; live in the midlands. I used to vote Tory. Also voted brexit. However, I'm very unhappy with May so will be voting Lib Dem. :D

#chocolateteapots #inflatabledartboards

Although all credit to the Scots that do post. When the English posters have got bored you tend to find see a higher ratio of Scots posts!

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
    14 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

. It's comments on the internet, 

Exactly, like those on this thread - Maybe, maybe not a true reflection of public opinion perhaps?

• Like 2