Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Posted
    54 minutes ago, 4wd said:

If you read the story it seems to be the actual changeover rather than any problem with the scheme itself.
    Obviously as the daily dose of anti-tory rhetoric you're only supposed to glance at the headline.

You can starve, get evicted and be forced on the street inside six weeks! But as long as everything is rosy in Toryland that's OK.

• Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 30.9k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Posted

Then another post will be ranting about how they haven't got spending back in control.
    I would've thought a lot of people might actually quite prefer the new system as it is more flexible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow
    17 minutes ago, 4wd said:

Then another post will be ranting about how they haven't got spending back in control.
    I would've thought a lot of people might actually quite prefer the new system as it is more flexible.

Highlighting the Tories' lack of control over public spending is a valid point, especially when cuts seem to apply only to the vulnerable and not to big business or the better off. The cuts to benefits are merely ideological, if the Tories really were the party to put us back into surplus and start paying down the debt they'd have done it by now. 

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

I see the Tories are unwilling to guarantee the continuation of the triple lock pension. Taking the elderly for granted and assuming theyve got their vote in the bag. 

Edited by NorthernRab
    • Like 1
    Posted

When you win you lose and when you lose you win...Well, according to fluffy Mundell in today's unionist supporting Dundee Courier anyway..

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/412524/david-mundell-failure-to-match-2015-election-result-means-snp-has-lost-momentum/

There is the very real prospect of May proclaiming a landslide with 65% of seats won in England, yet Sturgeon will be told she has lost when the SNP win 80% of Scottish seats.

That's the world we now live in folks.

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow

Someone asked yesterday about the SNP only campaigning based upon being negative against Westminster/Tories/The English. This popped up on Facebook today:

IMG_2125.thumb.PNG.3b328e118495163af728274799d2e559.PNG

I've seen a lot of stuff like this, I must remember to post it up to show it's not all negativity.

• Like 9
    Posted
    5 hours ago, 4wd said:

It's more to do with that problem that most Tories don't seem to understand how the fundamentals of monetary systems work. By cutting spending and treating the state like a household budget, they're depressing living standards, real wages and reducing the employability of the average citizen. This is bad news for the future of the UK and the reason the Tories repeatedly fail to meet even their own metrics and self styled standards.

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
    6 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

It's more to do with that problem that most Tories don't seem to understand how the fundamentals of monetary systems work. By cutting spending and treating the state like a household budget, they're depressing living standards, real wages and reducing the employability of the average citizen. This is bad news for the future of the UK and the reason the Tories repeatedly fail to meet even their own metrics and self styled standards.

But Tories don't, or can't, think long-term, NR; their own and their chums' pockets need lining now! And sod the rest of us!

It's all about the money, honey?

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
    15 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

But Tories don't, or can't, think long-term, NR; their own and their chums' pockets need lining now! And sod the rest of us!

It's all about the money, honey?

That's why their called the nasty party..and it will never change:nonono:

• Like 5
    Posted
    3 hours ago, NorthernRab said:

I see the Tories are unwilling to guarantee the continuation of the triple lock pension. Taking the elderly for granted and assuming theyve got their vote in the bag. 

You are not allowed to discuss Tory polices.

Discussing these is 'being negative'.

#snowflakes

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 5
    Posted
    1 hour ago, NorthernRab said:

It's more to do with that problem that most Tories don't seem to understand how the fundamentals of monetary systems work.

Utterly clueless. They only know how to spend 'other people's money', peeing it all away on themselves.

Centre to left social democrats are far better at wealth managment / running countries.

There is absolutely no way the Tories can ever be described as a 'safe pair of hands' when it comes to the economy. That's delusional.

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 8
    Posted

Ruth Davidson's Star is Beginning to Fade 

Holyrood Magazine

https://www.holyrood.com/articles/comment/ruth-davidson’s-star-beginning-fade

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Nice to see the devine Ms. M looking and feeling a tad uncomfortable during PMQs - thanks to Angus Robertson's question on possible removal of the Pensions Triple Lock. May avoiding the answer as usual.  I guess we can finally take that as a yes then!  

Gina Miller also up May's back again..........

Gina Miller, the campaigner behind the successful supreme court Brexit challenge, has raised £300,000 in crowdfunding to directly support up to 100 pro-European candidates in her tactical voting election initiative.

Miller confirmed she would not be standing for election but said the money would be given directly to candidates believed to have a chance of defeating politicians supporting Theresa May’s hard Brexit strategy.

Edited by Blitzen
    Posted
    52 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

Ruth Davidson's Star is Beginning to Fade 

Holyrood Magazine

https://www.holyrood.com/articles/comment/ruth-davidson’s-star-beginning-fade

That's a very negative article. Ruth is the Tory Messiah.

Well, she is in the union press.

Posted
    23 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

That's a very negative article. Ruth is the Tory Messiah.

Well, she is in the union press.

Hope her halo slips and chokes her!  The woman has been like a stuck record since 2014!

Edited by Blitzen
    • Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
    1 minute ago, Blitzen said:

Hope her halo slips and chokes her!

Aye, Blitz. I hope that her and Mrs May, both, get hanged by their own petards. Good riddance to bad rubbish!:D

• Like 1
    Posted

Two separate anthrax related incidents in the last 24 hours in different parts of the country. One in Forfar with a package thought to have said 'SNP out. Tories In.', the other at an SNP MP's office (John Nicholson) in which a package containing crystals was destroyed by the police.

Edited by NorthernRab
    • Like 5
    Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
    3 hours ago, scottish skier said:

You are not allowed to discuss Tory polices.

Discussing these is 'being negative'.

#snowflakes

You are allowed to discuss what you want SS. It doesn't stop me believing that NS is running a very negative campaign so far.

#negativeSNP campaign

• Like 1
    Posted
    Just now, chionomaniac said:

You are allowed to discuss what you want SS. It doesn't stop me believing that NS is running a very negative campaign so far.

#negativeSNP campaign

Well, don't vote SNP then. :)

Edited by scottish skier
    • Like 3
    Posted
    1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye, Blitz. I hope that her and Mrs May, both, get hanged by their own petards. Good riddance to bad rubbish!:D

Pete, how would you and many in this thread feel the same if other members said the same about Nicola Sturgeon - these types of posts are distasteful at best.

• Like 1
    Posted
    4 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Well, don't vote SNP then. :)

I won't :)

• Like 2
    Posted
    11 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

#negativeSNP campaign

I've received three different flyers relating to the upcoming council election. 

The Labour candidate didn't mention the constitution once - talked about roads, bin collection and internet connectivity.

The SNP candidate didn't mention the constitution once either, talked about roads, schools, connectivity etc.

The Tory candidate spoke about the constitution no less than 17 times. 0 policies were mentioned other than things the candidate hates about the council. 

The top two will be getting a vote. The last one will be going firmly in last place.

Edited by NorthernRab
    • Like 9
    Posted
    8 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

I've received three different flyers relating to the upcoming council election. 

The Labour candidate didn't mention the constitution once - talked about roads, bin collection and internet connectivity.

The SNP candidate didn't mention the constitution once either, talked about roads, schools, connectivity etc.

The Tory candidate spoke about the constitution no less than 17 times. 0 policies were mentioned other than things the candidate hates about the council. 

The top two will be getting a vote. The last one will be going firmly in last place.

Same for me here.

I posted an image of the Tory leaflet that came through the door here the other day. Not a single policy; all about 'No referendum!' ad infinitum.

All the other parties have focused on local issues (so far). Tories obsessed by referendums / independence.

They'll be last on my STV ranking if simply for that reason.

• Like 5
    Posted

I've ranked my candidate list of 7  and taped it to the back of my voting card (not that I need it but take it anyway)   Tory firmly placed at No.7.

Posted

What was that about Ruthie's star fading again?  Perhaps the devine Ms. M  will not be amused.

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/ruth-davidson-says-you-should-vote.html

Edited by Blitzen
    • Like 1