Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

29 minutes ago, mark4 said:

The BBC are opening almost every article on the Scottish politics so the public, mainly unionist, can repeat unheeded lies about the economic deficit of Scotland, the favored attack is the 15 billion deficit and we would be a basket case. I find this tiresome, so ask how are the Tories going to fill 134.1 billion deficit (ONS figures) and guess what...no response. Can not stay on the BBC site too long my sanity will not take it, but I feel a rational response is always required and to note we do occasionally read the nonsense posted.

Aye, if you thought the swivel eyed went tonto during IRef#1 then that was just the teddy bears' picknick. This GE will be full on over the cuckoo's nest.

The toxic Tories are holed below the waterline and Davidson's Rape Clause support has exposed them for what they really are. For some the Union is everything but most Unionists are decent folk and can see the Competence of the SNP in government while Westminster drags the UK to ruination.

We have to get out, sooner rather than later.

• Like 4
  • Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

Always baffled me why a scot would be a unionist. It's quite apparent that in the scheme of things Westminster hold England in much higher esteem then any other home nation   Get out quick Scotland has a lot to offer    

• Like 7

Below is an assortment of today's headlines:

OAPs face end of pension pledge

Tories could raise vat and other taxes if they win election

May to reject a fresh demand from Brussels for migrants in Britain to  be guaranteed EU rights for life

Tories ready to hit White Van Man

Foreign Aid to be increased

Trump puts EU ahead of Britain in trade queue

index.jpe

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Below is an assortment of today's headlines:

OAPs face end of pension pledge

Tories could raise vat and other taxes if they win election

May to reject a fresh demand from Brussels for migrants in Britain to  be guaranteed EU rights for life

Tories ready to hit White Van Man

Foreign Aid to be increased

Trump puts EU ahead of Britain in trade queue

index.jpe

Apart from that its going swimmingly what!

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, frogesque said:

Apart from that its going swimmingly what!

I can't figure this one out Froggie.   It's weird!

C4dWGVYWcAICU6X.jpg

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, kar999 said:

Scottish independence gets a cheeky mention in Dr Whos episode tonight. :D

I hate spoilers got it recorded, say no more .

IMG_6805.JPG

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2

From what I read on this tread the Scots hate the tories - so who are saying that they will vote for them in Scotland? Is it all tactical? The impression I have got is that the SNP would poll well over 50% and the tories less than 15%. But that is not the case going from this poll. Would the tories turn this upsurge into extra seats?

1 minute ago, chionomaniac said:

From what I read on this tread the Scots hate the tories - so who are saying that they will vote for them in Scotland? Is it all tactical? The impression I have got is that the SNP would poll well over 50% and the tories less than 15%. But that is not the case going from this poll. Would the tories turn this upsurge into extra seats?

Yes. Prob 4 or 5 in Scotland.

10 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

A big, big chunk of us do, but not all. The Tories could well pick up a few seats out of 59, as many 10-15 if all went perfectly for them.

Edited by NorthernRab
4 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

A big, big chunk of us do, but not all. The Tories could well pick up a few seats out of 59, as many 10-15 if all went perfectly for them.

Just came across this so you could be right.

Edited by chionomaniac
  • Like 1

No doubt a good poll for the Tories but it's just one poll. I'd not get too excited/upset about it unless and until it's repeated. Reality check though, if Labour were polling 43% and Tories 28% in England it be a disaster for the Tories not a revival. That's just how different things are either side of the border. 

For those who want the UK to stay as one I'd not be cheering for results that look like delivering a huge Tory majority in England and a huge SNP majority in Scotland (which it would be even at 43/28%). As was linked to above by Mark Wheeler... 

Andrew Picken‏ @andrewpicken1

Replying to @andrewpicken1 and @Sunday_Post

Prospect of another majority Tory Government bolsters indy cause as 37.9% of Scots say they are more likely to vote Yes if this is the case

Going by the closeness of the recent Indy polls that could quite easily propel Yes across the finishing line. 

In summary, a bit of good and a bit of bad for everyone in that poll. Well except for Labour. 

Edited by Ravelin
45 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

All those SNP new members making a difference.....

Sure, if you want to rely on opinion polls 7 weeks out. That's never bitten the UK establishment in the erse in Scotland, has it?