Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scottish Politics 2011-2017

Disgraceful display by bully Ruth Davidson shouting at the First Minister to "sit down"  Who the hell does she think she is?

• Like 1
  • Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scottish-Irish Skier

• mountain shadow

• skifreak

• frogesque

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that ignorant, offensive, rant sums up exactly why the YES campaign failed  

Good god. What a load of boarish spiteful bile from bad losers has been posted during the night. I actually dread to think how Scotland would be run if this is representative of how the yes vote behav

I'm disappointed in the lack of grace shown by some across the net in accepting this No vote. A complete lack of any empathy and understanding as to why fellow Scots didn't vote Yes.   I personally

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Disgraceful display by bully Ruth Davidson shouting at the First Minister to "sit down"  Who the hell does she think she is?

She's a very unpleasant, nasty piece of work is Ruth. Puts on a friendly face, but it does not take much for the mask to slip.

This is why I've consistently rated her as good Tory leader when I've been polled in the past; she'll keep the Tory vote down even with the utter collapse of Labour.

Edited by scottish skier
20 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Haven't seen it, been banned by herself 'cos I shout too much lol

Thought it was up to the Presiding Officer ( or Deputy) who gets to stand. It sure as moths ain't butterflies up to Truthless.

Edit: and SLab want to vote with these clowns!

Edited by frogesque
  • Like 1

Complete negativity from the Unionists in the debate so far, nothing positive to say. Ruth the Mooth, same as always, pandering to the hard core Yoon.

Labrokes currently offering 8/11 on Yes for independence and 11/10 on No, Back in 2014, Yes was 3/1. They must know something we don't.

9 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Complete negativity from the Unionists in the debate so far, nothing positive to say. Ruth the Mooth, same as always, pandering to the hard core Yoon.

Labrokes currently offering 8/11 on Yes for independence and 11/10 on No, Back in 2014, Yes was 3/1. They must know something we don't.

Well they certainly knew something we didn't before the result of the last referendum was announced!

As I wouldn't know which end of a horse to back MS, what does their betting offer MEAN?:laugh:

Edited by Blitzen
2 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Well they certainly knew something we didn't before the result of the last referendum was announced!

As I wouldn't know which end of a horse to back MS, what does your post MEAN?:laugh:

It means they have Yes to Independence as odds on favourite, in 2014 No was odds on with odds of 1/3. So if you spent £3 in 2014 for No to win, you would only get £1 back (plus your stake). 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

It means they have Yes to Independence as odds on favourite, in 2014 No was odds on with odds of 1/3. So if you spent £3 in 2014 for No to win, you would only get £1 back (plus your stake). 

For those who struggle with betting odds and are not actually wanting to bet, but just understand what they mean in terms of relative chance...

Do the division. The lower the number, the more likely it is to happen (hence the poorer the return on your bet).

8/11 = 0.73 Yes

11/10 = 1.10 No

Yes considerably more likely than no.

3/1 = 3.00 Yes  = pretty unlikely

Edited by scottish skier
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Isn't that quite close. Or was it always ment to be 

Haven't checked but looks like a straight vote SNP+Greens against Con+SLab and the other one.

Democracy wins.

Edited by frogesque

So now Scotland will formally ask for a referendum and formally be told 'yes, you can have one (ie section 30 agreed) in x years time, after brexit has been completed and the Scottish people are able to make an informed choice'.

Today hasn't really achieved anything except to underline that the SNP are alone in Scotland in being obsessed with Indy.

• Like 2

I actually feel a bit sorry for the SNP, do they really understand what Independence means for Scotland (beyond their blind rhetoric )?.....Win, lose or draw, they're going to be governing an unbelievably divided country right down the middle, and sooner or later if they don't lead the populous to 'the promised land' they will feel the anger of Joe Public where it matters most, in the ballot box.....The worse case scenario is a full on civil war within our lifetime....a sensationalist claim?....yes, but no different from some of the sensationalist claims for a post independent Scotland from by the SNP ...I hope it works, I genuinely do, but I fear for Scotland and anyone who believes that all of the SNP promises will come to fruition will end up bitterly disappointed (the presumption being of course, that Indyref 2 is ratified in law and results in a Yes vote, which is by no means certain).....at the end of the day, the SNP are just like any other party, an association of power hungry individuals who will stop at nothing to get their way....To paraphrase a rather well known villain from a rather well known sci-fi film....."All those who gain power are afraid to lose it...even the SNP)

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dougal said:

So now Scotland will formally ask for a referendum and formally be told 'yes, you can have one (ie section 30 agreed) in x years time, after brexit has been completed and the Scottish people are able to make an informed choice'.

Today hasn't really achieved anything except to underline that the SNP are alone in Scotland in being obsessed with Indy.

Nail on head, despite the undoubted comments one will read below this post....Today's vote was a forgone conclusion, and starts a process.....a process that might soon grind to a halt

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dougal said:

Odd, I thought the Greens voted with the Scot Gov, must have caught the end of a different debate.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

I actually feel a bit sorry for the SNP, do they really understand what Independence means for Scotland (beyond their blind rhetoric )?.....Win, lose or draw, they're going to be governing an unbelievably divided country right down the middle, and sooner or later if they don't lead the populous to 'the promised land' they will feel the anger of Joe Public where it matters most, in the ballot box.....The worse case scenario is a full on civil war within our lifetime....a sensationalist claim?....yes, but no different from some of the sensationalist claims for a post independent Scotland from by the SNP ...I hope it works, I genuinely do, but I fear for Scotland and anyone who believes that all of the SNP promises will come to fruition will end up bitterly disappointed (the presumption being of course, that Indyref 2 is ratified in law and results in a Yes vote, which is by no means certain).....at the end of the day, the SNP are just like any other party, an association of power hungry individuals who will stop at nothing to get their way....To paraphrase a rather well known villain from a rather well known sci-fi film....."All those who gain power are afraid to lose it...even the SNP)

Substitute Cons for SNP and substitute Brexit for Indy, England for Scotland. . .

• Like 4
Just now, frogesque said:

Odd, I thought the Greens voted with the Scot Gov, must have caught the end of a different debate.

I think you know what he means :)....(90% of MSP's who voted for Section 30 were SNP) it wasn't as if there was a multitude of parties voting overwhelmingly for Section was it?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

I think you know what he means :)....(90% of MSP's who voted for Section 30 were SNP) it wasn't as if there was a multitude of parties voting overwhelmingly for Section was it?

% wise its a bigger majority than for Brexit,. Very demeaning to dismissed minority parties. Fgs UKIP doesn't even have an MP now but they still get major airtime.

• Like 1
Just now, frogesque said:

Substitute Cons for SNP and substitute Brexit for Indy, England for Scotland. . .

no, it's not the same, nothing like it in fact....the vote in the HOC to enable Brexit referendum 544 - 53, only the SNP voted against, a far cry from the 69-59 vote today, no degree in maths required to see the difference

• Like 1

Dont be taken in by SM 'noise' on the subject of Scot Inde Ref2. Half the nation dont believe in Scot Inde and half (at least) dont want Inde Ref2.

This thread is heavily skewed. Those one-eyed, horned Unionists v rarely post in here :D

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

You could write the exact same paragraphs in relation to Brexit. A nation almost equally divided on leaving or remaining in the EU. Life altering decisions are being executed, based on a very slim majority. What is different about Scotland deciding it wants a different path ... even if it is one decided on a similar, narrow majority?

2 minutes ago, frogesque said:

% wise its a bigger majority than for Brexit,. Very demeaning to dismissed minority parties. Fgs UKIP doesn't even have an MP now but they still get major airtime.

and that is not a good thing IMO, but it shouldn't be discounted that like them or loath them, 4 million+ across the UK (including Scotland liked them 2 years ago

Edited by ajpoolshark
3 minutes ago, frogesque said:

I'd keep that quiet if I were you. Never a healthy position if your policies require support from the tie dye and lentil brigade in a search for credibility.

• Like 1