Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion Uk

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Well all we've had in the last 2 hours was a little rain on the windscreen driving home and...............that's it. It's all died. Still 13.5c here mind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

here is my storm risk chart for saturday(today)

Thunderstorms breaking out in many areas, mostly central southern and south west england.

Then later in the day as storms develop once again across the sea, we are quite likely to see these storms heading towards our shores..

post-11361-0-93317100-1304126924_thumb.g

some unstable air and good cape in places today for some interesting developments.

hail is also a risk..there maybe severe storms homegrown so keep up to date on here with those who know what is likely, as i am learning this stuff but i like to do a chart based on what data i look at and see how it goes! its the way i learn.

get those cameras set for action as another exciting weather watching day and France storm watch potential import watch period to come, although tonight the risk is still there i can't see any substantial activity around heading towards our shores.:drinks:

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

new storm forecast now issued from midnight through tomorrow: http://www.netweathe...cd4390281b60874

Just had a short but intense downpour here in south London, with what sounded like hail mixed-in. No thunder though.

Interesting forecast Nick. Await with interest to see what pans out. I see at the moment the METO are playing it down a tad. Certainly the medium level moisture levels are high judging by the Hurstmonceux and Camborne ascents. The GFS take. No further woffle required from me,

Edited by weather ship

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

another exciting weather watching day and France storm watch potential import watch period to come

Haha, do you like the word watch? na im only kidding, I hope we do get some imports but i have a feeling its going to be like yesterday with the storms scerting the south. Any storms that do form over the southern half of england will be heading out into the Bristol Channel quickly.

Posted

In which case mesoscale another bust, let's face it, if this were mid June/July and average day temps were 27/28 then it might be a little more likely to happen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Morning all,:)

Another good day in store for some. The Met Office and GFS doesn't seem to keen on any storms for my area. Nick has done a good forecast which does look good for many of us in the South! I reckon the Bristol area has the best chance. I hear there's talk of maybe a southerly plume next weekend! but it's not set in stone. Anyway people, Good luck for today and have fun.:D

Today already looks better for thunderstorms, I am in the net weather risk zone for Thunderstorms, It is very mild here and the sun is shining already, last week (About Wednesday) Met weather forcasted Thunderstorms right across the south from Cornwall to Kent and up to about milton Kynes, It wouldn't surprise me if today we get a few thunderstorms where we aren't expecting them.

Posted

With all the potential in store, lets have a fresh thread to discuss the convective possibilities: