Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion Uk

Coast

Posted

Please continue your convective weather discussion here

Posted

Well a complete no show last night, but that's the nature of nature! :rolleyes:

No forecast from ESTOFEX for anywhere in Europe for today which is interesting as there are already isolated sferics in France. Here are a few pictures for you to colour in with crayons while waiting for the next thunderstorm.

21OWS_ATLANTIC-EUROPE_FITL_THUNDERSTORM-STANDARD_30.gif

21OWS_EUROPE_MODEL-DATA_UKMO-GLOBAL_TS-THREAT_SFC_18_00Z.png

PGNE14_CL.gif

sfcdewpt.curr.1800lst.d2.png

sfctemp.curr.1800lst.d2.png

cape.curr.1800lst.d2.png

cape.curr.1800lst.d2.png

gfs_icape_eur18.png

gfs_layer_eur18.png

gfs_kili_eur18.png

gfs_el_eur18.png

gfs_spout_eur18.png

gfs_lapse2_eur18.png

Well it looks like the Met Office HQ is the only place with the remotest chance today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

It's certainly a different feel to the weather today here, much more humid feeling- certainly not a day to go digging on the allotment unlike yesterday. It's already 17c here as well, whereas yesterday at this time it was 14.6c. Fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Shame I managed to miss all the convective excitment over the weekend, but have been reading back through the posts.

Even less chance than yesterday of a shower developing across southern counties of England, but an isolated one can't be ruled out totally, but I wouldn't hold one's breath!

Looks rather dry again for most of the week with high pressure in charge, but an increasing chance of showers (possibly thundery) in the SE/E Anglia on Friday, as GFS has an upper low developing here - which might put a dampner on The Royal Wedding and any outdoor parties in London.

Posted

I Would guarantee storms for friday as it would be literally be the 1st day i have stepped out of the country since last June! So the chase target has to be SE Essex even at this range - Come back to this post on Friday and see how to nail a chase target at 5 days range in the Uk :whistling: :lol: :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I Would guarantee storms for friday as it would be literally be the 1st day i have stepped out of the country since last June! So the chase target has to be SE Essex even at this range - Come back to this post on Friday and see how to nail a chase target at 5 days range in the Uk :whistling: :lol: :hi:

Camera ready and okay'd it with the missus to spend fri evening and night down in essex for storm chasing lol.

In all honesty i'd much rather be over in the states chasing than relying on getting something here. I keep telling myself one day i'll get to do it :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Looks like round 2 maybe for the weekend coming up :L, still quite far out but is definatly worth keeping an eye I reckon :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

it is exciting even at this stage, what comes from that side friday and wkend is huge, this would be far more widespread and moving in for a long time,

it is exciting even at this stage, what comes from that side friday and wkend is huge, this would be far more widespread and moving in for a long time,

Posted

Camera ready and okay'd it with the missus to spend fri evening and night down in essex for storm chasing lol.

In all honesty i'd much rather be over in the states chasing than relying on getting something here. I keep telling myself one day i'll get to do it :)

Oh I know some would probably say I am being ungrateful having the opportunity to chase in the US For 47 days but I have not seen Lightning in Essex since 2009 so this will be nailed on :lol:

I mean this chart for Friday week will Upgrade the Cape as it gets nearer not Downgrade like the GFS Does for the Uk

post-24-0-26380900-1303729726_thumb.png - 6th May :shok::rofl: Off The Scale -9 LI & +5,000JKG of cape

Btw Good luck to everyone on Friday and I will be looking in when I wake up on Friday Morning in Dallas. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Oh I know some would probably say I am being ungrateful having the opportunity to chase in the US For 47 days but I have not seen Lightning in Essex since 2009 so this will be nailed on :lol:

I mean this chart for Friday week will Upgrade the Cape as it gets nearer not Downgrade like the GFS Does for the Uk

post-24-0-26380900-1303729726_thumb.png - 6th May :shok::rofl: Off The Scale -9 LI & +5,000JKG of cape

Btw Good luck to everyone on Friday and I will be looking in when I wake up on Friday Morning in Dallas. :good:

I hear another deadly out break :whistling:

Posted

I hear another deadly out break :whistling:

That'll be the beans and a malfunctioning air conditioning unit.....

Posted

Can't really say it's a bad compromise though Paul :whistling::lol: I'm sure we can keep you posted about the storm chasing in the UK while you're gone..

I decided to 'chase' a small storm that was rumbling to my north on Saturday, driven in part by a sea breeze convergence (couple pics in the UK storm photos thread). It turned out to be a bit of a fail as it was a 'pulse' type storm and by the time I got under it it had died to a rain shower, Even though when I stopped a few miles closer than my house it was giving quite frequent rumbles. So that's one of my first experiences of chasing piddly UK cells.. Would have been better listening to the relatively distant rumbles from my garden as I probably missed most of them in the car :lol:

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

I have just stumbled across this video of a quite impressive hailstorm for the UK on the 23rd April. Put the town into Google maps and its in East Wales to the NNE of Cardiff, So must have come from the East Wales cells..

Seems to have some nice hail fog going on too! In a way it's nice to see things like this in the UK B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I have just stumbled across this video of a quite impressive hailstorm for the UK on the 23rd April. Put the town into Google maps and its in East Wales to the NNE of Cardiff, So must have come from the East Wales cells..

Seems to have some nice hail fog going on too! In a way it's nice to see things like this in the UK B)

Thats some really good stuff! If only that was a little further west by like 15-20miles over me it would of been great to see!! Glad you found this :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist
:hi: A look at the pressure charts, and wind direction says no convective weather untill maybe next sunday...got my first Thunder Day of 2011 on saturday 23rd though.. :blush: Edited by Sprites

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

This Friday and Saturday is looking good for my area.:) But it will probably change! Like many others we really do need some rain here.:help:

Wow, thanks for sharing :)

That's quite a hail storm there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Royal wedding storms???

Agreed surrey

We need some rain.

Its quite dry here too, only 2.7mm so far this month, a small risk of Thunderstorms by next weekend...even if the storms dont develop, we still have the awesome excitement of the royal wedding, and hearing about it non-stop, Stormchasing could never rival such an important life changing occasion...PMPL :closedeyes:

Posted

Royal wedding storms???

Hmmmmm, maybe!

MU_London_avn.png

Perhaps the first night of the honeymoon will be interrupted? :whistling:

I suspect it will be Saturday night when the fun and games recommence (I mean the possibility of thunder and lightning!!!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hmmmmm, maybe!

MU_London_avn.png

Perhaps the first night of the honeymoon will be interrupted? :whistling:

I suspect it will be Saturday night when the fun and games recommence (I mean the possibility of thunder and lightning!!!)

Indeed, later this week is looking quite favourable at the moment, although GFS is reluctant to bring much of the potential towards us from over the near continent.

Three days to go with several twists and turns along the way no doubt.

It is quite uncommon to get thundery weather from the East (unlike the S or SE) so I will be very interested to see how it pans out :D

Posted

Three days to go with several twists and turns along the way no doubt.

As always, but it would be nice to start May off with a little storm in the SE at least!

Not quite as much potential currently for those further North:

MU_Manchester_avn.png

MU_Aberdeen_avn.png