Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Nw Extra Fishing Extra

Lewis

Posted

Hi Guys,

I don't know if many use the Netweather Fishing Extra feature, which gives you conditions for a location, along with the bite index.

But I thought I would test it silently over the past 8 weeks.

I do a lot of carp fishing, overnight, and I do some day fishing too.

I was seeing the conditions for the places I fished, and obviously went and fished them.

As it stands the accuracy of the feature is less than 10% probably around 5%.

On the days I bagged up, was the days it showed the bite index as very poor. I'm not mocking it, etc, but I think the feature it's self is probably a waste of time, purely to the fact that there is more to just predicted conditions. It's all about varied methods of fishing, tactics, baits, and all ponds are different.

so my conclusion is that the fishing feature, is basically pointless.

What's others thought on it?

P.S - I'm just giving feedback, not slagging it off, I used it frequently, and have given results.

Conditions are good to poor for Hull, from now right through to tomorrow, so let's see what my results are today.

Oh and to further add, advertisement on the center of the GFS and model viewer on netweather data centre? I have an audi add that won't dissapear and has no option to close, very frustrating method of trying to gain extra revenue, and very off putting.

post-12083-0-03401500-1302508528_thumb.p

Should maybe implement an option too that if a netweather extra member is logged in, it removes all ads, even if you charged an extra 2 or 3 quid a month on the membership, i would pay it as the ads are head doing.

regards

lewis

Edited by Warmer Weather

Posted

The ad certainly shouldn't be doing that! I've removed it for now..

As for the fishing forecasts, as with anything like that it's a guide, some people love it and we've had really positive feedback, but it's horses for courses. I'd probably recommend you just fish a little further from the bank Lewis, you're most likely scaring the fish away. And I hope you take your cans of white lightning home with you blum.gif

Posted

Hi Paul,

Thanks For the quick reply, and fixing the ads.

With regards to the fishing feature, I have been catching plenty of carp, biggest 19 pound common this season and a lot of good double figures. It's just on days where it's showed the bite index as very poor I've done extremely well, and days shown as very good I've done poorly or the fish are biting slower.

Also I don't do White lightning mate, when I was about 15 yes lol :p I normally have a few smokes, I've cut out the drinking.

Im very serious when it comes to fishing I recently invested on a 800 pound bait boat with fish finder, and daiwa want me to do some videos for them and test some new products out.

P.s on iPhone whilst miss's is doing the shopping, and I'm getting plagued with that many ads and popups whilst viewing the site/forum.

Regards

Lewis

Posted

There are no popups on the site at all (never have been and never will be), and no ads whatsoever on the mobile phone version of the forum, so whatever you have popping up it's nothing to do with netweather.