Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well my sunny afternoon didn't materialise! Saw one or two glimpses but the wind really picked up and pegged the temps back and we only got to 15.oC. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Some thought provoking bedtime reading for you!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8431325/Arctic-meltwater-could-lower-temperatures-at-home-study-warns.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/apr/05/arctic-ocean-freshwater-climate

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

morning all. Another nice day in prospect it seems. much fresher today. officially 8C in Aberdeen, though my garden temp reports 11C. But less wind today so feels very pleasant. The same looks to be the case over most of the mainland with some showers perhaps in the west but nothing major. So looks like everyone can enjoy it, and even the weekend is looking okay. blimey. As SS has been pointing out the weather is firming up on turning cooler (and more seasonal to be fair) next week.

Posted

A bit hazy today here and I do wish that this wind would bog off as it is keeping the temps down! Might be a bit better in the afternoon.

Posted

A bit hazy today here and I do wish that this wind would bog off as it is keeping the temps down! Might be a bit better in the afternoon.

Indeed, but at least it's dry albeit feeling a wee bit chiilier than the last few days. Was 6C on trip to work ealrier.

Posted

You are so right Blitzen.....this constant wind is driving me mad too, makes everything seem much colder than it actually is.

Still blustery with the odd glimpse of sunshine.....temps 11C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A fine day out of the wind but not so good if exposed. Early showers quickly faded.

Anyone else sick of that stupid repeating ad with esther ratface and the chav looking smug?

Posted

morning all. ground hog day - another nice start and good forecast for the day. probably feeling warmer as the winds (HOPEFULLY!!) drop down a bit. Certainly quite calm just now. Good forecast generally for the weekend too, though western regions could start to feel the cool down and showers on Sunday. Then cool down and showers for all through next week - will feel much cooler, but seasonal. Maybe I will manage to get some work done then.

Posted

At last! Wind gone and sun out. Beautiful here today and was able to get the roses pruned. (Should have been done in November as well but it got too cold and then I couldn't be bothered!) 16oC and just a breeze, so here's looking forward to a nice weekend!

Posted

Still 17C.......a lovely day and the wind is gone!

Grass cut and the daffs and tulips are in full bloom making everything look so nice in the grden.

Posted

Car thermo reported 19C at one point today, not far from here, and it got up to 18C according to the WS. A warm weekend in store it seems...

Esther the fester still haunting my screen. Fack orff////

Posted

Been nice day here, especially after the wind went. Nice weekend forecast, so off to Dunoon with the kids tomorrow and let them loose at Bemore.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

We have haar. :wallbash:

Was going to say it was a lovely June morning earlier with the haar off the sea rolling in.

Much better now as it has cleared to leave some warm hazy sunshine with a temperature of only 12c, must be the effect of the haar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Just back from a couple of days in Normandy - which was really hot at 26C+ to find... holy moly - it's 22.5 C here at 6 pm.

I'd have a BBQ but Mrs SS and mini Miss SS are still in garlic land, so it'd be just me and moggy SS. Guess we can crack open some beers / milk and talk about birds.

Posted

Cracking day in Dunoon, spent a warm and pleasant 20c afternoon at Benmore Botantic Garden. Colour intense and bee's very busy. Temp now down to 10.2C.

Was a bit grey till aboot 11am, but once we got of the ferry it was wall to wall sun.

post-2849-0-23094000-1302383117_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-00738400-1302383124_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-28393500-1302383130_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-73045100-1302383141_thumb.jp

Posted

Just back from a couple of days in Normandy - which was really hot at 26C+ to find... holy moly - it's 22.5 C here at 6 pm.

I'd have a BBQ but Mrs SS and mini Miss SS are still in garlic land, so it'd be just me and moggy SS. Guess we can crack open some beers / milk and talk about birds.

Haar eventually cleared from here (early afternoon ish) but I went inland and found 20C and lots of sun. I am pink!!

Birds eh? I saw a couple of eagles soaring this afternoon in Strath********* - wheeling around and around. I watched for quite a few minutes then spotted another bird trying to pester them. It was a raven but the scale made me mistake it for something much smaller... Oh you mean burdz! Perhaps Crested Tits? :yahoo:

Not so warm next week though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Good to see the thread's is secure through the summer.:drinks:

We've had a pretty good run of the weather lately but it does look like we're heading for a change. This begins with a cold front approaching on Monday http://www.netweather.tv/gfsimages2/gfs.20110409/12/54/h850t850eu.png A perfect example of sod's law - after a week of warmth we pick the one day that it's likely to snow on the peaks to go hillwalking :nonono: The only consolation is that visibility is likely to be good and that the precipitation should mainly be in the form of blustery, wintry (above munro height) showers, which contrasts to my other experiences of walking which mostly consists of trying to pick out some kind of path in thick fog.

Hints of a late return to cool zonality and that kind of sleetiness that we saw in late winter from the GFS http://www.netweather.tv/gfsimages2/gfs.20110409/12/183/h850t850eu.png

with some support from the ECM http://www.netweather.tv/ecmimages2/20110409/12/ecmt850.192.png

In the meantime, though, it looks like a return to typical atlantic-driven weather, with the usual sunny-wet-showers-cooler cycle as fronts move over us. http://www.netweather.tv/fax/PPVO89.png

Anyway, I do apologise for my prolonged absence from the thread and it is nice to pop in again and see that there's still a good number of us kicking around.:D

Posted

The last couple of days have been wonderful. This morning looks promising too. I am ready for summer now and just want some warm sunny days.

Talking of bird....I have a cheeky chaffinch who seems to want to communicate with me every time i go out the back door... he comes to the side fence and sings me a lovely song. My pheasant has gone for the summer now, no doubt off looking for a lady.

Soooo nice to hear the birds in full flow first thing with their dawn chorus.

Nice to see you are still around LS hope the exams go well.:)

Posted

Morning all. Sun oot again and looks like need to make the most of it. Temp up to 11c so far, but can't see it hitting yesterday's high.

Posted

Good to see the thread's is secure through the summer.:drinks:

We've had a pretty good run of the weather lately but it does look like we're heading for a change.

Excellent. Saves me the job!

Aye, enjoy the end of this nice spell as it does look like we're going back to typical for the next week or two.

Sun out here, 13.4 C. Bit of gardening I think today.

I would add a further comment on burdz/lesser spotted tits etc, but I see HC has that covered.

Looking forward to seeing our barn owls. We have a pair that nest every year in an big dead tree just across the road - impressive birds. Can give you a fright when you pop out to get some wood and the halogen clicks on to reveal this huge owl staring at you from the shed roof just a couple of metres away.

EDIT. 11 am now and already 18.6 C.....

bbq.gifbeer-frau.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Another lovely day here with warm hazy sunshine no wind and currently 17c.Cows enjoying their fresh grass but calves still inside so cows will come in later to feed them . If the weather turns appreciably cooler next week it will have been the right decision to have only a partial turnout this early.

Posted

20.7 C and rising.....

Plants are really confused - it's like 'what happened to spring - is it summer already?'

EDIT. 1 pm and 22 C. Sun splitting the the heavens. Lovely. As Better Half SS and mini minx SS are not back from la France until the morn, I'll have a BBQ myself. Maybe press gang some passers by if needs be.

Suppose I could invite some sheep in from the fields behind, so long as I don't offer kebabs....

Off to the shop for beers + burgers!

Edited by scottish skier