Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

I hope it pees down all day for the royal wedding.

Now now, don't be a spoilsport.

We sent out Union Jacks to all of our shops this week for the royal wedding and more than half of the shops phoned in and asked "wtf are we supposed to do with these flags?"...it doesn't seem like it's going to be the most popular event up here, does it?? :lol:

You light the coals I'll bring the Pimms....drinks.gif

Screw the Pimms....I can offer a full range of Scottish craft beer from the top breweries in Scotland...and BURGERS!!!!

Posted

Screw the Pimms....I can offer a full range of Scottish craft beer from the top breweries in Scotland...and BURGERS!!!!

clap.gifdrunk.gif What time???

Another nice sunset tonight, windy but pleasant, temp 10C after a high of 13C

clap.gifdrunk.gif What time???

Another nice sunset tonight, windy but pleasant, temp 10C after a high of 13C

2pm? :lol: I'm sure MrsCatch will be delighted :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

We sent out Union Jacks to all of our shops this week for the royal wedding and more than half of the shops phoned in and asked "wtf are we supposed to do with these flags?"...it doesn't seem like it's going to be the most popular event up here, does it?? :lol:

Wot fookin wedding? A couple of toffs from south Ingerland. BLIMEY.

Edit: slight apologies but this has to be the biggest non-event of the year so lets have no more of this nonsense. :p

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

12C quite widely across Scotland already - what we going to climb to?? MetO revised up their estimates to 18C today, and 19C for tomorrow. Blue sky day anyway, but cloud building through the day. We should keep generally dry here though damper at times, and very wet spell for parts of more western regions tonight and tomorrow.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

2pm? :lol: I'm sure MrsCatch will be delighted :rofl:

Oh yes Jam Pieces oan the lawn at Catches gaff and a rare occasion tae get doon tae yer Semmit :clap:

2002-08-31-wasp.gif

Big Innes.

Posted

Still howling a gale up here!! Not cold with current temps around13C now. The odd shower on and off but they soon get blown away!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Gusty, showery, occasionally warmish and sunny. April eh?

Dry mostly here - was really quite nice having a fly one in the conservatory in the late afternoon sun. My lupins are in overdrive; starting to be nervous of their triffid-like acceleration in growth.

Warm the morn, then a wee cooler shock before warm again. After that, increasing agreement for more seasonal T's but possibly more dry with HP around.

http://www.netweather.tv/ensimages/ens.20110405/12/t850Midlothian.png

Heavy rain/hail and high winds persisting all day for S England with warm, settled/dry conditions + sunshine for Scotland on the 29th April.:lol:

Posted

morning all

I think it reached 17C, maybe just 18C yesterday. A nice day and was in the garden in shorts and t-shirt all day. Windy though.

Today 14C in Glasgow and Edinburgh already, 13C here. I think we will beat yesterday in the NE and down the east coast, particularly east lothian which I think is a favoured spot for squeezing best temps and sunshine out of any nice weather. May be cloudier further south and west though which may scupper it. Some high cloud here but mainly sunny and sunny spells forecast all day.

Another gardening day for me...will have to work the weekend to keep the wolf from the door though...

PS any news from those in the weather warning regions of last night and today over in the west on the rainfall??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-12978475

Sound immense possible totals - hard to imagine given weather we have had here in the same time.

Posted

Peeing down here this morning. 11.8 C.

Some seriously heavy rain down the west coast as that band moves in, as noted by TBY.

Looks increasingly like back to normal following the warm weekend:

http://www.netweather.tv/ecmimages2/20110406/00/ecmt850.048.png

http://www.netweather.tv/ecmimages2/20110406/00/ecmt850.072.png bbq.gif

Then ensembles going for big drop to seasonal...

http://www.netweather.tv/ensimages/ens.20110406/00/t850Midlothian.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just 'orrible here this morning. It has been heavy rain/windy. Rain stopped now tho' and I am much looking forward to a sunny? afternoon. Temp steady at 14.4oC and wind 10mph.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Conspiracy.com. Royal Wedding, Royal tour of UK before wedding, Sommerfield co-op,poundstretchers littered with Union Jacks,people sending out flags to all and sundry. SNP marginally ahead in election , Scottish election a couple of days later. You know if I didn't know better I would swear this had Gordon Arch Unionists Brown name all over it!

Posted

:hi:Nice one Will!! Maybe, just maybe we will see something respectable in the way of temps on Saturday :good: and if we blink :blink:, we just might miss it!!

Pouring with rain and very blustery....again.

just topped 23c here in kent! :drinks:

Posted

Rain off - sun coming out. 15 C now and climbing. Might turn out to be a nice afternoon.

Which is good as I'm hols at the mo.

Conspiracy.com. Royal Wedding, Royal tour of UK before wedding, Sommerfield co-op,poundstretchers littered with Union Jacks,people sending out flags to all and sundry. SNP marginally ahead in election , Scottish election a couple of days later. You know if I didn't know better I would swear this had Gordon Arch Unionists Brown name all over it!

The only place in Scotland where people wave the Union Jack is at old firm derbies and if you asked many rangers fans why, many wouldn't probably know - ' Dinnae ken - just cuz supposed tae an it annoys the fenians an aw that'. Ok, so tell me what a Fenian is? 'Dinnae ken either - summit tae dae wi Ireland'. Right... I see.:D

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

19C here, but only hazy sun, and a tiny spot of rain a while ago. Cloud looking to break now though, and in turn hopefully 20C will break too! rain starting to ease elsewhere and sun coming out too so that's good for all.

Posted

19C here, but only hazy sun, and a tiny spot of rain a while ago. Cloud looking to break now though, and in turn hopefully 20C will break too! rain starting to ease elsewhere and sun coming out too so that's good for all.

Wow - up to 17.6 C here now. Sun blazing. Really lovely.

Funny how quick we've all gone from 'Wow, down to -1 C here, looks like it's turning to sleet' to the above :lol:

Posted

Wow - up to 17.6 C here now. Sun blazing. Really lovely.

Funny how quick we've all gone from 'Wow, down to -1 C here, looks like it's turning to sleet' to the above :lol:

send this sun this way!! Up to 20C now, but hazy...definitely not complaining though and as I type sky's look to be clearing...

just been gardening - muscles aching in places i didn;t know I had muscles. Went to the fridge for some juice, but ended up with a bottle of Black Isle Brewery GoldenEye instead...fear that is the end of the gardening.,,.

Posted

send this sun this way!! Up to 20C now, but hazy...definitely not complaining though and as I type sky's look to be clearing...

just been gardening - muscles aching in places i didn;t know I had muscles. Went to the fridge for some juice, but ended up with a bottle of Black Isle Brewery GoldenEye instead...fear that is the end of the gardening.,,.

Still sunny and 16.6 C here athough a fair breeze picking up. Trying to finish some domestic task but for some reason I keep finding myself standing in front of the beer fridge. Just got to hold on an hour more.....

I had been scratching my head recently as to why the models were running late all the time. Then I thought - ah ha, it is not the models, but the time.... I guess the runs come out as normal, but with the clocks an hour forward.....

EDIT.

Looks like we'd better enjoy the next few days as trend to colder becoming evident. Quite possibly below average with a NS UK divide as MetO are thinking...

http://www.netweather.tv/ensimages/ens.20110406/12/t850Midlothian.png

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

just topped 23c here in kent! :drinks:

23C!?! :blink: Lucky to get that here in July!

Wet here again... be glad when this lot slides away.

Posted

Another warm breezy(maximum 16c) day here although some heavy rain this evening. Started today to put the cows out for a few hours every day to help their tummies adjust to the grass diet as we now have about 2 inches of new gass growth in sheltered areas really quite an early start. This is working up to a permenant turnout in about two weeks time. Lots of trees coming into leaf now.

Posted

I hear you HC, persisted down for 2 days, with occasional break, and a howling gale that has now thankfully died off. Not sur of temp as sensor has drowned, but it's no bad.