Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Looking forward to tomorrow evening - reading all the posts about snow during the day. I think the main action will be overnight tomorrow night and into Monday morning - hopefully we may get a bit of action as well. Suspect this thread will be well and truly alive tomorrow evening and lets hope we have a bit more action in the england thread.

Posted

Had a few flurries up here in the wilds of Bonnybridge, but still very wet. Good to see everyone back, I may be off for a wee while shortly as wife was due yesterday.

I take it this is what your after LS?

KiltedWeather (1).html

Missing camera's as trafficscotland got smart, so looking for alternatives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Still sleety here and temp's gone up a touch. Lumpy ice on the usual cold surfaces so could be lethal out in the morning - wintracs will get a good spin. When's it been this busy?? :drunk:

Posted

So far this winter I've had 2 snowfalls, this year I've had 20 days of snowfalls and my largest depth is 3-5cm. How about you all! I would like to get a good picture before we all get pasted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

LS watch that wishbone snow shield now.... Good to see you on line ... whats NMM got progged for Thursday am

If it went that far out I wouldn't need to bother using that awful GFS ever again :p

As for Monday morning, the main precipitation areas look to be the Moray and north coasts, the west coast (especially South Ayrshire) the Southern Uplands and the Forth-Clyde corridor. Very marginal potential snow event for the northwest of England though, with Manchester just about on the right side of it on Monday rush hour on this. If the met office screw this one up it could be a different transport minister's head on the chopping block...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

2.0c / dew point -0.9c. Think showers are easing off now here in the east. Had a great evening on here, it's good to be back. Hope we have lots to discuss tomorrow evening. Night all.

Posted

If it went that far out I wouldn't need to bother using that awful GFS ever again :p

As for Monday morning, the main precipitation areas look to be the Moray and north coasts, the west coast (especially South Ayrshire) the Southern Uplands and the Forth-Clyde corridor. Very marginal potential snow event for the northwest of England though, with Manchester just about on the right side of it on Monday rush hour on this. If the met office screw this one up it could be a different transport minister's head on the chopping block...

I really am surprised by the met office warnings!!! There has been far more snow tonight than I expected with lots of lying snow and poor roads in the Highlands so really there should have been a yellow warning there. And even their warnings for Sunday and Monday should be more widespread (the showers will be widespread) and perhaps an amber warning in places. And even Tuesday hasn't got a warning.

As it stands:

AWT - 51 posts

CMD - 32 posts

Lorezo - 20 posts

Blitzen - 16 posts

LLS - 13 posts

The Kilted Thread has awaken for the winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

2.0c / dew point -0.9c. Think showers are easing off now here in the east. Had a great evening on here, it's good to be back. Hope we have lots to discuss tomorrow evening. Night all.

Great to see you and all the other regulars back again Blitzen. It does look like a lull has developed for the east (well, away from the far northeast and Edinburgh), but there are still bright echoes on the radar to the northwest that might just make it our way later on in the night.