Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Arizona Desert Monsoon Chasing

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Hi all

i had check for flights this moning on kayak and there is a number of options coming up for BA flights to PHOENIX non stop and a 1 stop back via chicgo for approx £858

this gives us an other option

as for me i have a £80 taxi ride to gatwick if we go delta via atlanta. so this option is looking more favrourable.

paul h

Ouch, for that price we could fly Virgin (sale prices) , with a stopover in Vegas

Edited by duckeyh

Posted

Ouch, for that price we could fly Virgin (sale prices) , with a stopover in Vegas

Very Very Dangerous :whistling::rofl:

Posted

hi claire

I considered that option at the beginning as well but the cost then was a factor

i am liking that option very much now that the price have stayed the same and all the other have increased in price and a plus point it is a good british company.

good customer service, shorter internal flight and resonable airport and wait times.:good:

Posted

Very Very Dangerous :whistling::rofl:

but fun :angel:

hi claire

I considered that option at the beginning as well but the cost then was a factor

i am liking that option very much now that the price have stayed the same and all the other have increased in price and a plus point it is a good british company.

good customer service, shorter internal flight and resonable airport and wait times.:good:

I think the sale ends on the 12th much like the BA one. The problem is I'm not around much this weekend if a decision is made

Posted

HI all

Here is this weeks air fare costings cheapest is us airways £757 there are slightly cheaper flights but at ridiculous times of the day.

and as ever BA £936 .

BUT AS TIME GOES ON OUR OPTIONS ARE GETTING LESS AND THE COST IS CREEPING UP :wallbash:

I for one as stated in a previous post is seriously looking at virgin as trade off in cost and the more conventient flight times. as a taxi ride will cost me about £80 to a train ticket of £10.

quick question for one of the other pauls do we have a us hotel address yet?

need to finnish of my visa waiver application.

paul H

THE STORM FISHERMAN.

Posted

Shall we just make a decision to go with that £757 flight as I really dont think we are going to get this any cheaper. My original budget for this was £600 last year and I found plenty of flights in that range (Even Direct) but with the taxes and fuel surcharges maybe that has added the 20% to the flights.

My flight to DFW Was around £480 this year whereas last year was £390 so again that is about 20%.

So I think we just have to accept the prices are not going down and get this booked.....This Week!

Co-incidentally I have just as a Test ran the price for LHR-DFW For next April (In their Supposed Sale) :rolleyes: and it is coming in at a mouth-watering £655 Direct :whistling::nonono:

**Will put the Hotel address up here either tonight or tomorrow, just waiting on Paul to okay it etc

Paul S

Posted

Shall we just make a decision to go with that £757 flight as I really dont think we are going to get this any cheaper. My original budget for this was £600 last year and I found plenty of flights in that range (Even Direct) but with the taxes and fuel surcharges maybe that has added the 20% to the flights.

My flight to DFW Was around £480 this year whereas last year was £390 so again that is about 20%.

So I think we just have to accept the prices are not going down and get this booked.....This Week!

Co-incidentally I have just as a Test ran the price for LHR-DFW For next April (In their Supposed Sale) :rolleyes: and it is coming in at a mouth-watering £655 Direct :whistling::nonono:

**Will put the Hotel address up here either tonight or tomorrow, just waiting on Paul to okay it etc

Paul S

[/quote

Hi paul

thanks for the info i don't think it will get any cheaper now, if anything the prices will rise due to lack of seats.

i also will look to booking my flight probably on tuseday eve. i would very much like to also book the same flights as everybody else.

ps the flights prices for next may are always more expensive before christmas i normaly book in the first week of the new year the best time to book.

paul h

Edited by the storm fisherman

Posted

Hi guys, still looking around for various flights, wondered if this flight might do it, not the cheapest but has the least amount of travel time I've found so far

http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights/LON-PHX/2011-08-16/2011-08-27/f564dc6a82313caabbbf8a537e348f1bc

personally prefer the heathrow departure as well, returns to gatwick tho, and comes in at £776, what d'ya reckon?

Posted

Hi guys, still looking around for various flights, wondered if this flight might do it, not the cheapest but has the least amount of travel time I've found so far

http://www.kayak.co....bf8a537e348f1bc

personally prefer the heathrow departure as well, returns to gatwick tho, and comes in at £776, what d'ya reckon?

HI Craig

looks like there is a number of options, yes that flight is the quickest out by 30 mins but £20 more expensive gets in at 20.15

or

fly from gatwick for 30 mins longer and get into phoenix at 18.00 (longer stop over in charlotte ) for £756(£20 cheaper) same return flight for me there is no diffrence between gatwick or heathrow.

paul h

Posted

HI Craig

looks like there is a number of options, yes that flight is the quickest out by 30 mins but £20 more expensive gets in at 20.15

or

fly from gatwick for 30 mins longer and get into phoenix at 18.00 (longer stop over in charlotte ) for £756(£20 cheaper) same return flight for me there is no diffrence between gatwick or heathrow.

paul h

Hey all, my preference is for a Heathrow flight too simply because of logistics, also tempted to fly out a day earlier if it's a late arrival

Edited by duckeyh

Posted

Hey all, my preference is for a Heathrow flight too simply because of logistics, also tempted to fly out a day earlier if it's a late arrival

Hi claire

my vote is gatwick just for the earlier arrival time.

paul h

Hi claire

my vote is gatwick just for the earlier arrival time.

paul h

Posted

Well, hrw is preferable to me but getting into phoenix that bit earlier is more important so I'm up for the gatwick option, would have to look and see if going out a day early changes the prices much (for better or worse) and factor in the extra night in the hotel as well

Posted

Well, hrw is preferable to me but getting into phoenix that bit earlier is more important so I'm up for the gatwick option, would have to look and see if going out a day early changes the prices much (for better or worse) and factor in the extra night in the hotel a s well

Hey, It's swings and roundabouts for me as if we fly from Gatwick I'll have to travel up the night before so a hotel at this stage will easily be £100 quid , plus gas, if we fly from LGW.

Overall it seems cheaper to fly from LGW (barring hotel/travel costs) as the taxes are lower than LHR but we could save a similar amount if we didn't fly back on a Saturday (based on prices the BA site).

Happy to go with the majority decision, but I think we should make one sooner rather than later

Edited by duckeyh

Posted

Hi all

take a look at the kayak flight finder web site it does not make good reading most of the resonable time deals have gone this morning

i will take a closer look and hang on till this evening to book.

any one finding a useble flight please post .

note BA have droped £20 off their flights

paul h

http://www.kayak.co.uk/flights#LHR-PHX/2011-08-16/2011-08-27

best on offer at the present time . 17:40

Posted

Hi Guys

The Hotel is getting booked this evening and the address for your ESTA Forms is as Follows.

Super 8 Phoenix Metro North

8130 North Black Canyon Highway

I-17 & Northern Phoenix

AZ 85051-4867

USA

Have had a look on trip advisor and lots of people score 10's for this Hotel with the average being just under 8/10 - It also has a Swimming Pool and is near to civilisation etc.

I am guessing we are all going to bite the bullet and book flights this week (Eg next 2-3 days) so it might be a good idea for us all to arrange to book at the same time and confirm on here.

Also Craig can you call me at Home - Need to speak to you, Have Pm'd you my number!

Cheers

Paul S

Posted

Hi Guys

The Hotel is getting booked this evening and the address for your ESTA Forms is as Follows.

Super 8 Phoenix Metro North

8130 North Black Canyon Highway

I-17 & Northern Phoenix

AZ 85051-4867

USA

Have had a look on trip advisor and lots of people score 10's for this Hotel with the average being just under 8/10 - It also has a Swimming Pool and is near to civilisation etc.

I am guessing we are all going to bite the bullet and book flights this week (Eg next 2-3 days) so it might be a good idea for us all to arrange to book at the same time and confirm on here.

Also Craig can you call me at Home - Need to speak to you, Have Pm'd you my number!

Cheers

Paul S

Thanks Paul S, how do we change the Address if we already have an ESTA ?

I'm probably going to regret this but......... :wallbash: I favour the LHR to ORD , ORD to PHX flights on the BA website. It is more expensive but at least if we get stuck we will be in a metro area.and not somewhere like Detroit, which lives up to it's reputation past 5pm and the weekends.... !!

Cons :doh: :

They are AA flights

You have to pay for Alcohol

The staff are generally rude

Pros :good: :

Not bad flight times

The Pizza isn't bad

er that's it :whistling:

Posted

Hi ALL

The us airways flights are back at yesturdays prices

cons usaul service from a cut price airline

pros timing and the price

i guess you what you pays

con for ORD AS WELL IS THE AIRPORT SIZE AND POSSIBLE LONG CUSTOMS WAITS.

PAUL H

ps forgot to add what ever we deicide i want to book this evening

earlier flights from heathrow not a problem as there is nat exppress coach leaves nr home at 3:45 am for heathrow.

Posted

Well if I had to book right now I would go with the kayak option out of gatwick, BA does appeal but you are talking about £80 difference, and I've got to buy my shemagh scarf for the desert yet ! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SHEMAGH-Scarf-Arab-SAS-Army-Desert-Sand-black-/400136411506?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item5d29fd1972

:clap::rofl:

Posted

Well if I had to book right now I would go with the kayak option out of gatwick, BA does appeal but you are talking about £80 difference, and I've got to buy my shemagh scarf for the desert yet ! http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item5d29fd1972

:clap::rofl:

The main reluctance for me is Detroit is not the sort of airport I want to get stuck at again (it lives upto it's reputation after 5pm and weekends!). regarding customs at ORD, I don't think it would be an issue as we are catching a connecting a connecting flight

What s a shemagh scarf ?

Edited by duckeyh

Posted

The main reluctance for me is Detroit is not the sort of airport I want to get stuck at again (it lives upto it's reputation after 5pm and weekends!). regarding customs at ORD, I don't think it would be an issue as we are catching a connecting a connecting flight

What s a shemagh scarf ?

HI claire

point taken there is a BA/AA FLIGHT TO ORD OUT connection ok arr phoenix 15.40 for £825

and plus is connection back via DFW BA 192 FLIGHT.

That looks a winner in my books the cost of a cheaper flight will off set i can put up AA FOR 1 TRIP.

PAUL H

HERES THE LINK

http://www.kayak.co.uk/#flights/LON-PHX/2011-08-16/2011-08-27

Posted

Well if thats the one then lets go for it, I'm not sure where detroit came into it tho, flights i was looking at on kayak went thru charlotte nc?

Anyone got a direct link to that price/flight on BA, to make sure we are all looking at the same thing?

Ah, see above :D thanks Mr fisherman !

Edited by craig1uk

Posted

HI claire

point taken there is a BA/AA FLIGHT TO ORD OUT connection ok arr phoenix 15.40 for £825

and plus is connection back via DFW BA 192 FLIGHT.

That looks a winner in my books the cost of a cheaper flight will off set i can put up AA FOR 1 TRIP.

PAUL H

HERES THE LINK

http://www.kayak.co....8-16/2011-08-27

Sounds like a good option , but I'm having a problem with the link, is there anyway you can email it over to us ?

@ Craig, Kayak was only giving me options through Philly and Detriot or Salt Lake City

Posted

Sounds like a good option , but I'm having a problem with the link, is there anyway you can email it over to us ?

@ Craig, Kayak was only giving me options through Philly and Detriot or Salt Lake City

Hi all

the flights are on last minute .com but every time i try to book it comes up unable to connect to airline.

but if you on ba's site same flight £865 and can book

paul

Posted

just found an £825 flight for Virgin on last minute.com ?

Posted

just found an £825 flight for Virgin on last minute.com ?

thats one we looked at over theweek end i will go that

ps have gone to book same problem unable to book

ps i am at the paymnet screen on ba's site