Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Arizona Desert Monsoon Chasing

Paul Sherman

Posted

Been seeking some advice from my mates sister (travel agent), cheapest flights she could find is the same one Mr S has found £752 with a stop, she advised waiting for a last min deal.

Not sure I want to leave it to the last min, but I thought I'd share what she said with you guys anyway, that £818 direct is tempting, but WOW this is silly money :shok:

Posted

BA Has a Sale on at the moment and the price from London to Pheonix has dropped from the £900's down to £818 and that is a direct flight. Considering all the faffing with the Changeover and 1 or 2 stop flights still being £752 I am really tempted to bite the bullet on this pretty soon.

Sale runs until July 12th btw :good:

Hi Paul

did you get a special discount because all i can find is those £930 ba flights.

paul h

Posted

Posted

Hope that link works - That should show the £818

http://www.google.co...000000027179523

If you put in London All Airports then the dates 16th August and 27th August coming back it shows

£399 Out and £419 Coming back

there is a sting in the tail with that one it is a one stopper via chicago and it is on american airlines as code share flight.

Posted

Ok so I guess the wait goes on :nonono:

yep i am afraid so

i am watching kayak like a hawk because every now and then a airline makes a mistake like delta/klm did a month a go and dropped fares by a couple of hundred pounds

needless to say if that happens i will shout out on the fourum asap.

but that atlanta flight is looking form horse at the moment .

paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Hi Guys,

the £818 BA/AA flights have been on the AA site for a while so the BA site aren't sale prices (typical Finance cyncism.!! whistling.gif).

The flight to Chicago isn't too bad but there is a chance we will get an old plane with TV's on the aisle (I got caught on one of these, this year), So there is chance you could go a bit stir crazy after the 3rd repeat of a bad US "Comedy" .....

Just not too sure hanging around any further will mean we get cheaper seats so happy to go with what ever

Edited by duckeyh

Posted

Hi Guys,

(I got caught on one of these, this year)

Claire

Ah did you get the one where the AA hostesses had the "f%$k you attitude?"

Having flown AA before I have to say I was always glad to get off. Maybe... they've changed. wots your thoughts??

You payz yur money and you getz your abuse...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Claire

Ah did you get the one where the AA hostesses had the "f%$k you attitude?"

Having flown AA before I have to say I was always glad to get off. Maybe... they've changed. wots your thoughts??

You payz yur money and you getz your abuse...

lol, that one was the flight back from Dallas, where I seem to recall vowing never to fly AA again.....The Chicago flight they were too terrified of the T-Storm we were trying to land in

BTW Paul x2 and Craig, forgot to mention, I'm not around much next weekend so please put an FB post or tweet or text me if you guys book flights as I won't have my netbook

Posted

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md1487.html

SPC Have added a Slight for todays Monsoon threat, nice little MD Above which should give off some cracking Lightning there today, also tomorrow Sees another Slight Risk.

Paul S

Posted

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=43769&posts=3

Btw some great info on the thread above about Pheonix, it hit 47.9c the other day which is VERY Hot for early in July 8)

Posted

http://www.ukweather...d=43769&posts=3

Btw some great info on the thread above about Pheonix, it hit 47.9c the other day which is VERY Hot for early in July 8)

WOW THATS HOT

the best i have exprienced is 110F in Barbados 1995 that was sit in the pool all day with a long cold drink :drunk:

but at least the monsoon season has kicked off good fashion . 1 month 1week 1day to go :yahoo:

paul h

Posted

Hi paul s, craig and claire

just for your info if we do fly delta via atlanta flight number DL11 from gatwick.

go on to there web site and start making a booking you can look at the availabe seating

strange'ly there is some nice emergency isle seats witht the extra leg still available.

dont book on this site. or you will be paying more.

i know this link has been posted on the forum before but it gives what lightning stikes have happended

across the usa arizona was lit up quite nicely this morning at 6am

http://thunderstorm....m/explorer.html

paul h

Edited by the storm fisherman

Posted

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/md/md1512.html

3rd day in a row in this little early season "burst" pattern. Another Slight Risk mainly for damaging wind gusts, bet that Lightning is going to look pretty in the evening and night skies over the Deserts! :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

£20 discount on BA flights via Opodo using code PAYDAY0611, only until Thursday night, on top of current BA sale prices. Don't forget to untick the insurance box and click on sale prices rather than flight search

Posted

Cheer Jim :good:

And that is a stunning link nzstorm - Scott has some great images on his site there!

The video of the Haboob is amazing but I bet the car got scratched up :lol:

Posted

BA Has a Sale on at the moment and the price from London to Pheonix has dropped from the £900's down to £818 and that is a direct flight. Considering all the faffing with the Changeover and 1 or 2 stop flights still being £752 I am really tempted to bite the bullet on this pretty soon.

Sale runs until July 12th btw :good:

Paul....I Pm'd you a while ago regarding BA fares to Phoenix. I may be able to help out. Get back to me in a PM. BB54

Posted

Hi all

i had check for flights this moning on kayak and there is a number of options coming up for BA flights to PHOENIX non stop and a 1 stop back via chicgo for approx £858

this gives us an other option

as for me i have a £80 taxi ride to gatwick if we go delta via atlanta. so this option is looking more favrourable.

paul h