Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J10

Windows Update

I am having problem with windows Update, and getting to the bottom of it seems a pain.

But it seems the problems related to the Microsoft .NET Framework, in that 3.5 isn't installed, however when I try to load it doesn't work.

Can anyone help.

My computer is about 3 years old, and I have Vista on it, (no service Packs) as per the above issue re the Net framework.

Does It work okay though without the update? Windows updates are a pain, i recently bought a new windows 7 computer and im having loads of updates all the time. Some things you could try is to update the windows installer to a more up to date one. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlsetupandupgrade/thread/8e75b03e-1f3f-465a-8fdd-557e70d1b8fa and http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en#filelist

Don't take my word for it, i just looked around online and saw this answer come up a few times. It does seem like you have to update the installer before doing another windows update.

<br />I am having problem with windows Update, and getting to the bottom of it seems a pain. <br /><br />But it seems the problems related to the Microsoft .NET Framework, in that 3.5 isn't installed, however when I try to load it doesn't work.<br /><br />Can anyone help. <br /><br />My computer is about 3 years old, and I have Vista on it, (no service Packs) as per the above issue re the Net framework.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> Had the same problem a month ago hers how to fix it, i got vista aswell. Keith,

This is William from the Microsoft Windows Support Team. I wanted to be sure that you received my previous email, so I attached it below for your reference. If anything is unclear in my email, feel free to let me know.

I appreciate your effort.

William Zhao

[email protected]

Microsoft Windows Update Support Professional

==================my previous mail==============

Dear Keith,

Thank you for your reply. I sincerely appreciate your time and effort on this case.

I am sorry to hear that the update failed again.

Keith, is the failed update still Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB959209) x86? If so, our issue is most likely caused as the components of Microsoft .NET Framework on the computer were corrupted. We need to uninstall and reinstall them to get the issue resolved. At this time, I suggest we use the following steps to troubleshoot the issue first.

Step 1: Remove .NET Framework using removal tool

=======================================

1. Please download the tool from the following link:

http://cid-27e6a35d1...leanup_tool.zip

Please Note: The third-party product discussed here is manufactured by a company that is independent of Microsoft. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this product's performance or reliability.

2. Please save the zip file (dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip) from the above link to the local Desktop and extract it.

3. Double click cleanup_tool.exe to run the tool.

4. Please follow the instructions given.

In the "Product to cleanup:" box, please select ".NET Framework – 3.5".

5. Click "Cleanup Now" button.

6. Restart the computer.

After removing .NET Framework components, let's reinstall .NET Framework 3.5.

Step 2: Manually downloading and installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

=======================================================

Please note: The size of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is a little big. Your patience to download the update is much appreciated.

1. Click the following link:

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1

http://download.micr.../dotnetfx35.exe

2. When the file download window appears, please click "Save", and follow the directions to save it on the Desktop. After downloading the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 setup file on your Desktop, double-click to manually install it.

However, if any error is encountered when installing .NET Framework 3.5, please capture a screenshot of the error message:

How to capture a screenshot

======================

1. When the error appears, please press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" Button, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste". Then click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5. Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click "Desktop" on the left pane and then click "Save".

Please send this saved JPEG file to my email account at [email protected]

Please try my suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

I look forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

William Zhao

[email protected]

Microsoft Windows Update Support Professional

Does It work okay though without the update? Windows updates are a pain, i recently bought a new windows 7 computer and im having loads of updates all the time. Some things you could try is to update the windows installer to a more up to date one. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlsetupandupgrade/thread/8e75b03e-1f3f-465a-8fdd-557e70d1b8fa and http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en#filelist

Don't take my word for it, i just looked around online and saw this answer come up a few times. It does seem like you have to update the installer before doing another windows update.

Windows update hasn't been working for a while now, but yesterday I had enough when QuickTime didn't work due to a side by side configuration error. After going through a number of IT forums I managed to trace it back to the same old Framework,NET error.

Several attempts to load Framework 3.5 some with SP1 some without have all failed. Usually with this error WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS) is not installed.

I'll have a try of your suggestion, I'll also have a look at your suggestion Keith

Cheers both for your help.

<br />Windows update hasn't been working for a while now, but yesterday I had enough when QuickTime didn't work due to a side by side configuration error. After going through a number of IT forums I managed to trace it back to the same old Framework,NET error. <br /><br />Several attempts to load Framework 3.5 some with SP1 some without have all failed. Usually with this error WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0SP1 (CBS) is not installed.<br /><br />I'll have a try of your suggestion, I'll also have a look at your suggestion Keith<br /><br />Cheers both for your help.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> Had same error for weeks jackone contact customer support worked for me should work for you ,microsoft will get back to you within 24hrs if that does not work.

I have now successfully installed .NET Framework v4, so many thanks for your help.

Windows update still not working, but at least one step closer to sorting out the problem.

I have now successfully installed .NET Framework v4, so many thanks for your help.

Windows update still not working, but at least one step closer to sorting out the problem.

Are you updating via their website or using the update program on the computer? If you go onto the windows updater site I have seen it work for others.

Good luck

If Update Stops Again Restart It by going to programs, administrative tools, system tools then use the snap in that restarts the program it depends which os you're usinfg.

After having the computer not booting, I backed up the data via command prompt and reinstalled Vista, and now the .NET Framework has loaded, and I have just uploaded Vista Service Pack 1 , fingers crossed that Service Pack 2 will also work.