Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grab my graupel

Yorkshire, Lincs And The Pennines - Spring Weather Discussion

A new thread to discuss the weather for the Yorkshire, Lincs And The Pennine region

Please continue :D

A beautiful sunny day today. It felt very warm at times, particularly during the middle part of the afternoon.

It's nice to see things drying up around these parts as it's been like a mud bath for so long. :D

A strange day today though cloudy when leaving for work it was a chilly 3 degrees and didn't rise much above 4.5 then the clouds broke around 1pm and the sun appeared and we maxed at 8 and i nearly earnt a sweat bonus :D, working outside certainly makes you aware of climatic changes rofl.gif and as Brian said the dry weather is a nice change lets hope things dry out a bit, i get rather fed up of walking around with two inches of clay like mud stuck under my boots!

A slight frost here this morning with temperatures at around -1c. However, it appears to have turned cloudy, so, given the lack of sunshine recently, I shall be hoping that the cloud soon clears.

Well, I was hoping for a little bit of brightness today as I'm getting bored with these cool and cloudy days. Unfortunately, once again, there wasn't a hint of sunshine.

You were unlucky then Brian as the sun came out for a whole 30 seconds on my drive to work today, i am also getting tired of this cloud malarkey tuesday was such a lovely day, hopefully some more interesting weather next week :rolleyes:

You were unlucky then Brian as the sun came out for a whole 30 seconds on my drive to work today, i am also getting tired of this cloud malarkey tuesday was such a lovely day, hopefully some more interesting weather next week :rolleyes:

Hi Vizzy, yeah Tuesday was absolutely fantastic mate. I even managed to wash the car, which I haven't done for ages :)

Grey, grey and grey!!! the frogs keep popping out to see if it's time yet and then disappearing again!....i know just how they feel!

I can't say that I've seen any frogs around our way GW. Perhaps I've not been looking hard enough. Anyway, we finally have some sunshine this afternoon, which is the first since Tuesday :yahoo:

cloudy cloudy cloudy :wallbash: bbc weather site says its going to be sunny on tuesday :drinks:

Looks like snow may be back in the forecast next week :)

The gfs looks very good:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn902.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1682.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1684.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn17417.png

Snow for most areas although becoming marginal at times, most probably in the far east...

The ECM is less good:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1202.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm1922.gif

Wintry showers from the west being quickly replaced by dryer slightly less cold weather..

I think were looking at something in between the two, more of toned down version of the GFS 06z run, nevertheless worth watching!

Another chilly and frosty start with over night temps getting down to -1.5c The cloud started to roll in around an hour ago, however, so temps are currently around 1.5c

A lovely sunny start to the day, but, unfortunately, it appears to be clouding over. I shouldn't complain, though, because we had a beautiful day yesterday which had sunshine for most of the day.

Very windy this morning which makes a very refreshing change. The benign weather was getting a little boring, so I'm enjoying this little Atlantic spell.

Yes, classic March drying winds at the moment.

a day of gusty winds an odd bright sunny spell and temps maxing at 11 degrees though feeling chilly at times due to the wind, thought i was going to lose more of my receding hairline biggrin.gif

I knew it was the kiss of death for winter here when, after weeks of searching, I located and bought a new snowshifter in mid-February having worn out the old one in December. Since acquiring it I've recorded the grand total of 0.3cm.

I remember around christmas time looking at the huge pile of snow in my garden from digging out the car and wondering if I could make it stay until the spring by topping it up with anymore snow which fell.

It was gone 10 days later and we've had nothing since!

I knew it was the kiss of death for winter here when, after weeks of searching, I located and bought a new snowshifter in mid-February having worn out the old one in December. Since acquiring it I've recorded the grand total of 0.3cm.

Pleased to hear this as, having bought a full set of snow tyres for the car, I was beginning to think it was all my fault.

I suppose they'll come in handy for next winter :)

Yeah, it's foggy here too which I don't mind as long as I don't have to drive in it.

Thick as a bag here too, vis' around 40 mts. Feeling chilly with a temp' of 3.7c.

Been foggy for the second day in the row, haven't seen the sun since Monday. Quite unusual to see fog so stationary.

Current temp: 2.7c.

Max Temp: 5.7c

Snow for some on the NAE :shok:

post-8968-0-33489800-1300310570_thumb.gi