Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Where's Joe Bastardi Gone?

mike Meehan

Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France

Can't find Joe laminate floori's link - what's happened?

Posted

he has left Accuweather. I sent him an e mail to ask if he could give an explanation but it was returned as me not being allowed to contact his address.

Posted
AccuWeather's Joe Bastardi surprises many with his resignation

He had been with AccuWeather for 32 years, helping to create the company that supplies radio and TV stations with weather forecasts and updates. Meteorologist Bastardi was AccuWeather's top long-range forecaster and was regularly seen handling hurricane predictions. Now he has tendered his resignation, effective immediately. The company simply says that "Joe Bastardi is no longer with AccuWeather. You won't see more forecasts posted by him." Bastardi was known for his videos and forecasts on the pay-subscription "AccuWeather Pro" site. He was also known for his disbelief of the theories of global warming. A Facebook page created by fans has a "Farewell to Joe Bastardi" page, with tributes pouring in that you can read.

http://www.radio-info.com/news/accuweathers-joe-bastardi-surprises-many-with-his-resignation

ACCUWEATHER announced the departure of BASTARDI, who has been vocal in his skepticism about humans' role in global warming, on a FACEBOOK page. writing, "Farewell to JOE BASTARDI who has left ACCUWEATHER after a distinguished 32-year career. We appreciate JOE’s dedicated service to our clients over these many years and wish him luck with all his endeavors. In addition, a hearty congratulations to two great meteorologists who will both be taking on expanded roles -- PAUL PASTELOK is now leader of ACCUWEATHER’s Long-Range Forecasting team and HENRY MARGUSITY is taking an expanded role with the Pro site."

Company spokesman JUSTIN ROBERTI said the move was BASTARDI's decision and that the choice was a "surprise" to ACCUWEATHER and not connected to his stance on climate change.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/87777/joe-bastardi-exits-accuweather

Accuweather resigned Meteorologist Joe Bastardi likely not victim to forced

On Monday, Joe Bastardi of Accuweather resigned from his position, moving on to an unknown role at the time. TheWeatherSpace.com Meteorologist Kevin Martin went looking for answers or hints on where he may have went, but most importantly why he resigned.

"If it is personal then it is none of our business", Martin said. "But I believe he moved onto somewhere much better than Accuweather, a more exposed position for his work and his Facebook replies from his family tells me just that". Martin says that his family is commenting on his Facebook fanpage, giving him quotes like, "go get em uncle!", and "We are proud of you"!

It is now believed by TheWeatherSpace.com that Bastardi was not forced to resign due to a similar position and stance in Global Warming as Martin. Bastardi resigned on his own accord and will appear doing the weather for a larger audience, for a larger company.

http://www.theweatherspace.com/news/TWS-2_22_2011_bastardi.html

So it's anyone's guess currently

http://www.facebook.com/JoeBastardi

Posted

he has left Accuweather. I sent him an e mail to ask if he could give an explanation but it was returned as me not being allowed to contact his address.

I read he has set up his own pay per forecast site.

Posted

Its ashame he has left as I like watching his video forecasts on the Arctic sea ice in particular and it will be interesting if he is correct with his therory or not. Obviously, I hope he is right.

Having said that, disputing the data on the current Arctic sea ice was a bit of a low point for him and he has got this winters refreeze prediction wrong as he predicted in spring last year the sea ice extent would be higher than it currently is.

I wonder if he got a higher paied contract elsewhere because his departure did came a little bit out of the blue.

Posted

So is there any chance he will turn up at NetWeather? :whistling:

As they say two chances; Bob Hope and no hope.....

Unless you want to dig deep in the pockets for his time and effort? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny and Dry with a Hard Frost.

He was often an interesting read and some of his forecasts were spot on. In recent months the long term forecasts seem to become increasingly maginalised as his theories on climate change and ding-dongs with other meterological societies seemed to come more and more to the fore! His writing style could be very odd at times as well with some most peculiar uses of English.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well when you find him please tell me where he is...

post-10773-0-87624000-1298640248_thumb.j

Photograph courtesy of Joe laminate floori.

I've just come across this interview with him in Vanity Fair !

Until earlier this week he was the “Chief Long Range Forecaster†for AccuWeather, a weather-forecasting service based in State College, Pennsylvania. But his bread and butter, he says, are his corporate clients, the names of which he won’t divulge, saying only that he’s “heavily involved in energy. Some of the companies that I work for were very happy that it snowed as much as it did this winter.â€

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2011/02/joe-laminate floori-explains-why-the-cold-miser-is-winning-the-climate-change-showdown.html

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever Mother Nature cares to throw my way

So no more weekly UK Blog then ....he shall me missed especially the "Triple Crown of Global Cooling Heads up"

http://www.weatherbell.com/teambio.html

• 2 months later...
Posted

Thought id bump this thread up with a vid of JB on Fox News. No comment on the contents, that's for another topic.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/06/03/laminate floori-on-the-non-existent-climate-tornado-linkage/#more-40986

Opps the link doset go all the way, click on the "continue reading" link below the Rosie ODonnell vidio.

Edited by snowflakey