Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

englandman

The Sooner We Get Over This Era The Better

Mabey I'm getting old before my time and I am the odd one out but this has to be the worse era ever I do have a passion for people and try to get out much as I can crime etc doesn't bother me as it's always be a part of society but its more the ignorance of people these days and there lazyness. I think reality tv shows have brainwashed the nation and nobody cares about anyone else anymore. The older genoration will understand this I'm not very good at explaining things hey perhaps I'm growing old before my time or it's just the over genralization some people on some forums think the same as me if only those websites for free then I could have a good 1 to 1 talk about things. :)

Mabey I'm getting old before my time and I am the odd one out but this has to be the worse era ever I do have a passion for people and try to get out much as I can crime etc doesn't bother me as it's always be a part of society but its more the ignorance of people these days and there lazyness. I think reality tv shows have brainwashed the nation and nobody cares about anyone else anymore. The older genoration will understand this I'm not very good at explaining things hey perhaps I'm growing old before my time or it's just the over genralization some people on some forums think the same as me if only those websites for free then I could have a good 1 to 1 talk about things. :)

I think that the problem started with the universal welfare acts in 1948 and whereas the principals behind them were laudible and did provide for the weak of our society but the "ne'er do wells" have taken advantage of it and are bringing up future generations of the same mind set. They led to a sizeable minority of people in this country who knew their rights but absolutely FA about their responsibilities. In a lot of cases this virtually destroyed a sense of self reliance and a sense of duty generally to society with some people thinking that none of this ever matters; the state will provide from cradle to grave.

They never stop to think where the state will get its money from in the first place and think of it as an everflowing pot to supply their own selfish desires.

Then enter "Political Correctness" - a bunch of mealy mouthed self opinionated people with their heads in the sky and absolutely devoid of any common sense. Their ideas have made criminals more important than the victims of their crimes, encouraged the ne'er do wells in their lives of sloth and with their stupid petty regulations made life more miserable for the rest of us.

None of it was really necessary. All we needed to do was to follow the teachings of the "Good Book" by applying "Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself", "Love thy neighbour as thyself" and "As ye sow, so shall ye reap", together with a wise saying of my step-father who always said,"The world does not owe anybody a living".

We have to get back to the principals that rights and benefits have to be earned - that way it would be a much fairer society. We have to accept that we still need to look after the weaker members, who through no fault of their own are unable to contribute but where they wilfully avoid work etc and sponge off the rest of society, they don't deserve anything - tough!

Fortunately we still have some people left who have self respect and a respect for others, though their numbers appear to be diminishing.

i think you will find that every generation says this about the younger generation and society as a whole as they get older been happening for centuries