Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Sunshine Stats For Feb

damianslaw

Posted

As with January, this month so far has been a dreary affair in this part of the country with days and days of grey and cloud, sunny spells have been rare. The next few days at least until the weekend look equally dull.

Does anyone have any stats for sunshine levels so far this Feb - england and wales totals. I recall the BBC saying how dull the first half of the month has been. Blame all the tropical maritime air with winds predominantly from between west and south east quarter - never a good direction for sunshine. Miserable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

20 hours of sunshine here so far this month which is about 38% of the average to the 21st of February.

Posted

Surprised to hear about January having above average sunshine, perhaps Shropshire has just become the greyest place in the UK as the suns barley made an appearance since Christmas Day.

Posted

The last 10 days of Jan were notably sunny (and frosty) here, so they probably helped get the total to near average- although until about the 18th it seemed a very dull month.

Feb, on the other hand I'll be amazed if it's not at least 20% below average- yes there was the odd sunny mild day in between the greyness of the first half, but since the beginning of last week I've hardly seen the sun.

Posted

Here there were just 10.12 hrs of sunshine in the first 16 days of January and 34.14 hrs from the 17th onwards.

The total so far in February is still 20 hrs and almost 8 hours of that was on the 8th. Today was the 6th consecutive sunless day, the last time there was such a spell in February was in 1993 when there were 7 consecutive sunless days.

Posted

Thankf for the stats, confirming my thoughts that for everyone this month so far has been preety grey with below average sunshine. The past six days here have been completely sunless here, I don't see much brightness in tomorrows forecast. Hopefully the weekend will bring some sunshine, but 8 days of no sun is preety miserable whatever the time of year.

Today we had low cloud down to 100m thoroughly depressing feel..

Posted

The 7th consecutive sunless day today and the 14th this month. 7 days equals that of February 1993 and is now the most since 9 in 1984 which is the February record. Looking at the forecast for tomorrow I'm confident that won't be broken.