Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Middle East...where Are Events Taking Us?

Presumably to enable him to get a perma tan and at the same time earn a good wedge!

Kind Regards

Dave

He's honing his weapons of Mass Deception - what changes?

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no other description for what is happening other than war crime and genocide.   Israel is technically the occupying force on Gaza and as such is duty bound to protect civilians.   Complet

The scenes in Gaza look like the aftermath of a nuclear bomb, utter devastation. The Israelis telling people to go back to their homes in northern Gaza as its "safe", what are they supposed to go back

Reported on the BBC too... An air strike on an army camp has killed three soldiers, the Syrian government says, blaming the US-led coalition for the attack. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-

Posted Images

Posted

or maybe this one....

hope no one takes offence but thought it funny :pardon:

someone will somewhere.

i wonder if the kidnapping of the soldier is enough of a gain for hamas to think about sticking on this one rather than keeping it going ? 

Posted

Israel again The law to them selfs, Ceasefire realised one of their soldiers got 'kidnapped' just before so back to to bombing them to kingdom come.

Again how can a valiant resistance kidnap some one in their land,

sanctions r needed and hope one day Iran treats them like rats like their do to Palestine then their will see the error in their ways, But its ok Israel just hides behind British and american military equipment, Any ITF solder who comes to UK needs arrested and put on trial for genocide 

The world is waking up people r sick of Israel aggression and mass ethnic cleansing and land grabbing yet polictions just say a few words like fart in the wind 

When the man said on tv said the ITF will leave no stone unturned in Gaza and their will flatten Gaza. really shows what their r, Need to be made to be held accountable for their despicable crimes

Imagine if this was Russia bombing eastern Ukraine like this, 1st you make them leave their homes their land i.e GAZA 70 percent of the population is from areas now called Sderot and Ashkelon, Israel citys today

Where will Israel stop the eradication of Palestine, Then where in the middle east is safe next from these terrorist's 

Edited by lfcdude
    • Like 3
    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

someone will somewhere.

i wonder if the kidnapping of the soldier is enough of a gain for hamas to think about sticking on this one rather than keeping it going ? 

Not really pity they had to break the ceasefire to do it.

Posted

Tony Blair is a Middle East envoy.Anyone figure out what is his purpose?

One of the biggest insults to the middle east ever that one.

• Like 2
    Posted

In the meantime as Libya becomes more unstable we are forced to close our embassy and have asked Britain's to leave the country. Another failure in Western middle east policy.

In the other failure Iraq ISIS may soon have to start a major crackdown http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/01/iraqis-isis-mosul-resistance as people start to resist.

Edited by The PIT
    Posted

Remember that year, Cameron, in Tripoli with  Sarkozy, the military battle won, felt able to look forward. “This is a moment,†he told the Libyan people, “when the Arab spring could become an Arab summer . . . I believe you have the opportunity to give an example to others about what taking back your country can mean.â€

Ah yes. Egypt, Syria, Iraq, etc. Known now as the years without a summer. I blame Global Warming.

Posted

Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire.http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/israels-propaganda-machine-is-finally-starting-to-misfire-9636417.html

Tony Blair is a Middle East envoy.Anyone figure out what is his purpose?

To party of course.Let's party says Middle East peace envoy Tony Blair as Israel carpet bombs Gaza.http://stopwar.org.uk/news/let-s-party-says-middle-east-peace-envoy-tony-blair-as-israel-carpet-bombs-gaza#.U90WmJA1h1s
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Right then: Israel breaks this cease-fire and Hammas breaks the next...and on and on it goes.

Whoops! I think I got that the wrong way round...

Posted

Remember that year, Cameron, in Tripoli with  Sarkozy, the military battle won, felt able to look forward. “This is a moment,†he told the Libyan people, “when the Arab spring could become an Arab summer . . . I believe you have the opportunity to give an example to others about what taking back your country can mean.â€

Ah yes. Egypt, Syria, Iraq, etc. Known now as the years without a summer. I blame Global Warming.

Of course i do not dispute that i do agree with you so do most people, Yes was much better under Gaddafi, No one can dispute that, We started Arab spring. yet politicians and people who know nothing apart from their agenda push for it, We now have a continent let alone a nation that is suffering via r incompetence

But we never never went civilians 1st 'terrorist' 2nd 

Edited by lfcdude
    Posted

I think you'll find the "Arab spring", started with the people of Tunisia & then spread. We had little choice initially, in getting involved in Libya, to prevent the massacre of thousands in Benghazi. What happened after that is open to discussion & dispute, but then facts are not what you deal in of course.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I think you'll find the "Arab spring", started with the people of Tunisia & then spread. We had little choice initially, in getting involved in Libya, to prevent the massacre of thousands in Benghazi. What happened after that is open to discussion & dispute, but then facts are not what you deal in of course.

When it comes to international affairs, nobody, especially those on small forums like this, deals in facts. The information that's fed to us from various official sources may contain a certain degree of truth, but to call them facts is naive.

We all pick and choose what information we want to believe based on our own motivations and biases.

Edited by BornFromTheVoid
    • Like 2
    Posted

Well the media tells us what they want us to know and omit info that the government doesn't want us to know.. Like we don't hear when EU/US backed Ukraine fire missiles into civilian areas. Our aircraft in Libya never managed to hit civilians yet the rebels always did. Sad fact is that in today's world civilians will be caught in the cross fire fired by any side.

• Like 1
    Posted

The scenes in Gaza look like the aftermath of a nuclear bomb, utter devastation. The Israelis telling people to go back to their homes in northern Gaza as its "safe", what are they supposed to go back to, a pile of rubble.

The west in particular the USA has given Israel a free pass to inflict this carnage and murder, and then the Israelis come out with this tripe regarding a "kidnapped soldier" which was a complete lie and just used so that they could break the ceasefire and murder more Palestinians.

Mark Regev the vile sanctimonious Israeli spokesman on Channel 4 News now trying to justify another school massacre, the attitude being that even if they know they might hit a UN school whilst allegedly firing back at so called terrorists then thats acceptable "collateral damage", blowing up children queuing for sweets outside the school is no big deal to the Israelis.

Despicable actions by the Israeli government and supported by gutless, cowards in Westminster and the rest of the hypocritical bunch in the West, all too frightened to say anything.

• Like 7
    Posted

Seems they have a lot of hate between each other http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/182700

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Nothing frighting about it Nick, there's simply nothing to gain by supporting Gaza.

Posted

An attack that killed 10 people at a UN-run Gaza school was a "moral outrage and a criminal act", said UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon

Edited by Kiwi
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

There is no other description for what is happening other than war crime and genocide.

Israel is technically the occupying force on Gaza and as such is duty bound to protect civilians.

Completely abhorrent, our government complicit by it's lack of condemnation,claiming to sit on the fence in order to create a basis for further ceasefire talks, utter garbage. Even moron Milliband has managed to rile Westminster over this.

Truly disgusting - the world should really draw the line at dead children being stored in ice cream freezers. Images too grotesque to share.

Humanity on trial just now.

• Like 7
    Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes Lorenzo, Agree there totally. How can the world leaders sit back for so long, While all the time preach the opposite. No words can condone this.

Posted

Perhaps another point of view. An extract from an article in the Times by Melanie Phillips.

People don’t realise, however, how their emotions are being manipulated. They are not being shown how Hamas is using its own people as human shields and sacrifices, to enable it to continue firing rockets at Israeli civilians and to increase its own civilian casualties in order to turn western opinion against Israel.

It has built no shelters, forcing civilians to use UN schools, for instance, instead. It has ordered Gazans to ignore Israeli warnings to flee their houses and stay put under bombardment.

Declassified Israeli aerial pictures show rocket launchers situated in mosques, schools and playgrounds. Hamas rockets have been found stashed in three UN-run schools. A senior UN official, John Ging, has said Hamas “are firing their rockets into Israel from the vicinity of UN facilities and residential areasâ€.

Shifa hospital also acts as a Hamas command centre. Reporters know this, as they often conduct interviews there with Hamas spokesmen. Yet this detail is generally denied to the public. Nor are the public informed about rocket fire from that hospital. A Finnish journalist was a lone exception when she recently reported that a rocket was launched from the hospital’s parking lot.

Such war crimes aren’t usually publicised because reporters work under an implicit threat. One Spanish journalist admitted: “We did see Hamas people launching rockets close to our hotel, but if ever we dared point our camera on them they would simply shoot at us and kill us.â€

Instead, news reports parrot the Hamas line. So the “overwhelming majority†of the casualties are reported to be civilian. In fact, an analysis by Al Jazeera shows that most of those killed have been young men of fighting age, not women, children or old people. Rules published by Hamas order anyone talking to the media to describe all Gaza casualties as “innocent civilians†and ensure “there is no evidence of rockets being fired from Gaza population centresâ€.

There is also virtually no reporting of Gazan casualties caused by Hamas’s own rockets falling short. Last Monday, there were explosions in a kindergarten and Shifa’s outpatient clinic. The media immediately blamed Israeli airstrikes. Yet both Israel and official Palestinian media blamed misfired Hamas rockets — a fact endorsed by a reporter who said he could only do so once he left Gaza and escaped Hamas intimidation.

Posted

There is no other description for what is happening other than war crime and genocide.

Israel is technically the occupying force on Gaza and as such is duty bound to protect civilians.

Completely abhorrent, our government complicit by it's lack of condemnation,claiming to sit on the fence in order to create a basis for further ceasefire talks, utter garbage. Even moron Milliband has managed to rile Westminster over this.

Truly disgusting - the world should really draw the line at dead children being stored in ice cream freezers. Images too grotesque to share.

Humanity on trial just now.

Was there ever a war with out war crimes? Without innocent children, women being killed? Israel has the duty to defend it's own population. What I miss is a two sided view on this conflict. Hamas is not doing any better in this war or as a governor for Gaza. http://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/reports/iopt1012ForUpload_0.pdf

Posted

Both sides as bad as each other using lame excuses for their actions.

How many years has this been going on?

Until both sides agree to settle differences and reach a compromise it will just go on.

For all its severity and atrocities over the years i no longer take much notice.

Edited by Bristle boy
    Posted

To be honest, the more I think about the situation, the more I realise that the only solution is to repopulate the Arab population.

100 years ago, there were only around 50,000 jews in Palestine, now there are over 7.5 million, with that population growing by 3% per annum. The Israelies are not going anywhere and need to continue stealing Palestinian land to cope with their ever growing population, never mind return what they have stolen. That is the reality.

There is vast wealth potential in beach front property in Gaza and I'm sure there are already some rich venture capitalists waiting to get their hands on it, the Zionists are not going to give up on that potential. Look at Jaffa for example.

Unfortunate as it seems, Israel has won and we should be speaking to rich Arab countries like Saudi Arabia and Qatar to see whether they will take there fair share as will the rest of the West.

• Like 1
    Posted

To be honest, the more I think about the situation, the more I realise that the only solution is to repopulate the Arab population.

100 years ago, there were only around 50,000 jews in Palestine, now there are over 7.5 million, with that population growing by 3% per annum. The Israelies are not going anywhere and need to continue stealing Palestinian land to cope with their ever growing population, never mind return what they have stolen. That is the reality.

the arab israeli population (ironically probably the freest arabs in the middle east) was, until last year, growing faster than the jewish israeli population. it is unclear as to whether last years figures are an anomoly. the growth in the jewsih population is mainly down to the ultra religious part.  

do you remember in shoot magazine - 'you are the ref' ?  lets play 'you are the hamas commander'.

'knowing that your enemy will not shell areas close to hospitals, schools and other sensitive civilian locations, where is the best place for you to place your command centres, store arms and launch rockets from ? '

whilst i, and you, may feel that israel should just not fire into sensitive areas, what message does that send ?  it makes the enemy 'bullet proof'. i, not being directly under threat from hamas rockets or their charter to destroy israel can take a more humanitarian viewpoint. i wonder, if i lived in southern israel, i would be similarly minded ? 

• Like 1