Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Middle East...where Are Events Taking Us?

Posted

I'm sorry I don't tend to avoid questions but your forte seems to be adjusting the goal posts. Hamas has been a terrorist organisation for years. They had a particular penchant for suicide bombing attacks in Israel, notable school buses. This in a legitimate nation state.

Not forgetting twenty years ago their buddies, also terrorists, Hezbollah blew up the Jewish Community Centre in Buenos Aires and murdered 85 people, mostly Jews.

Unless both of these organisations drastically alter their stance on Israel, with the full backing of Iran and Syria, I see little hope of a lasting settlement. They sure as hell aren't friends of the Palestinian people whose cause they betray.

Edited by knocker
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no other description for what is happening other than war crime and genocide.   Israel is technically the occupying force on Gaza and as such is duty bound to protect civilians.   Complet

The scenes in Gaza look like the aftermath of a nuclear bomb, utter devastation. The Israelis telling people to go back to their homes in northern Gaza as its "safe", what are they supposed to go back

Reported on the BBC too... An air strike on an army camp has killed three soldiers, the Syrian government says, blaming the US-led coalition for the attack. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-

Posted Images

Posted

I'm sorry I don't tend to avoid questions but your forte seems to be adjusting the goal posts. Hamas has been a terrorist organisation for years. They had a particular penchant for suicide bombing attacks in Israel, notable school buses. This in a legitimate nation state.

Not forgetting twenty years ago their buddies, also terrorists, Hezbollah blew up the Jewish Community Centre in Buenos Aires and murdered 85 people, mostly Jews.

Unless both of these organisations drastically alter their stance on Israel, with the full backing of Iran and Syria, I see little hope of a lasting settlement. They sure as hell aren't friends of the Palestinian people whose cause they betray.

Their will be no peace, till land is giving back for Israel to admit their crimes their never will, Why admit when can just continue to admit mass genocide and accept no responsibility 

Israel is a nation born out of terrorism just no one in western governments dare to judge, as cant insult and compare them to Hitler, for being called anti semantic,

Yet actions speak louder then words, We do not aim at civilians,.. yeah ok, any other nation we would be in already, its a farce. Imagine if North Korea was doing this to south Koreans, because their had bigger better weapons + Wall and shield, and culled them into a small corner of what was a much bigger land of theirs 

I am sure your definition of terrorist would change then.

P.S IRA used suicide bombs we did not bomb Ireland for so called justice 

Edited by lfcdude
    Posted

Their will be no peace, till land is giving back for Israel to admit their crimes their never will, Why admit when can just continue to admit mass genocide and accept no responsibility 

Israel is a nation born out of terrorism just no one in western governments dare to judge, as cant insult and compare them to Hitler, for being called anti semantic,

Yet actions speak louder then words, We do not aim at civilians,.. yeah ok, any other nation we would be in already, its a farce. Imagine if North Korea was doing this to south Koreans, because their had bigger better weapons + Wall and shield, and culled them into a small corner of what was a much bigger land of theirs 

I am sure your definition of terrorist would change then.

P.S IRA used suicide bombs we did not bomb Ireland for so called justice 

Could you point out exactly when the IRA used suicide bombs?

Posted

No, One is worse, one wants to commit suicide other does not, yet we did not bomb the hell out of Ireland for them doing it,

Posted

Ah here we go. Perhaps you would like, "Arbeit Macht Frei" above each tunnel entrance.

Ah here we go. Perhaps you would like, "Arbeit Macht Frei" above each tunnel entrance.

That's silly, apart from giving away the location of the tunnels, the Palestinians speak Arabic, not German. :whistling:

Posted

'We do not aim at civilians'

hmmm - can you explain this point?  how can indescriminate firing not be at civilians ?  your arguments, where decent, are not served by making such comments.  not even the staunchest apologist for hamas would state such a thing.

Posted

'We do not aim at civilians'

hmmm - can you explain this point?  how can indescriminate firing not be at civilians ?  your arguments, where decent, are not served by making such comments.  not even the staunchest apologist for hamas would state such a thing.

I never said Hamas do not fire at civilians, Hamas fires at land that is Palestine land just illegally  occupied land, with rockets that r a joke and can be shot down for fun, that's the only difference between Israel and Hamas, Israel hide behind a wall kill as many like, no suffering to own people Apart from Israeli terrorists who go into Gaza 

In the hard light of day, What will history look back on?

Pictures on a postcard 

I am still waiting for your definition of terrorist knocker 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/10995958/Gaza-Strips-biggest-hospital-hit-by-Israeli-missile.html

Israel blames Hamas, yet would be amazing  from Hamas to be able to aim and hit  things like that with their rockets, Israel cant deny their actions 

Edited by lfcdude
    Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

One can say its Palestine land all they like but property rights are only practically valid if enforceable, ergo Israel has won.

One can compare it to a squatter who the court won't remove from your house. You can complain all you like but in practice its not yours anymore.

Posted

I am still waiting for your definition of terrorist knocker 

No problem, Hamas and Hezbollah.

When did the Palestinian Arabs legally own that land? And what land are you talking about?

Posted

Kirsty Wark on Newsnight giving another smug and arrogant Israeli politician a hard time. Basically his attitude was that it doesn't matter how many Palestinians die.

• Like 1
    Posted

Five Israeli soldiers killed as insurgents attempt to enter Israel via the tunnels with the intention of killing Israeli civilians. And who is to blame for all of this?

The world stood idly by as Hamas poured millions of Qatari dollars and international aid into weapons, and poured millions of cubic meters of cement into its network of terror tunnels instead of building homes and schools. Everyone turned a blind eye as Israel repeatedly warned of the imminent danger, and fought off criticism over restrictions put in place to prevent dual-use raw materials from reaching Hamas.The United Nations Relief and Works Agency did not protest or warn of the horrendous infrastructure being constructed under its nose, and continued to supply Gazans with basic needs, allowing Hamas to cynically drain all national resources for its cause of destroying Israel. UNRWA is now expressing concern over unexploded ordnance, but it neglected to say anything as explosives were being carried into homes and mosques and even stored in UNRWA schools.The UN has much self-examination to do in rethinking the role of UNRWA as a perpetrator of the refugee problem, supplying a murderous regime with a comfortable environment in which to carry out its monstrosities.

Posted

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Palestinian_exodusCaused by the west and to this day still is

A pity you can't see where two parties fight, they both are guilty. Focusing and blaming at one side is the sort black & white thinking that causes in my opinion the conflict over there. 

Edited by sebastiaan1973
    Posted

I never said Hamas do not fire at civilians, Hamas fires at land that is Palestine land just illegally  occupied land, with rockets that r a joke and can be shot down for fun,

now i understand what you were saying. not sure that the family of the thai farm labourer killed by a hamas rocket would agree with you re the rockets being a joke. its only the iron dome system that had prevented this from becoming even more terrible on the gazan side of the border. if israeli civilians were being killed every other hour then you can be sure that israel would be taking little or no care to avoid civilian casualties.  and are you 100% sure that hamas rockets are not landing inside gaza. if they are the 'joke' weapons you descibe, i would have thought that would be inevitable.

i am concerned that the last 24 hours has seen israel detatch herelf from any concerns re the international community and her allies. that would mean no end to this until the tunnels are completely destroyed - something that will probably take weeks and, given the continual rocket firing from hamas that will surely accompany this activity, the civilian death toll will inexorably rise and even accelerate.

Posted

Hamas is otherwise also an expert in PR and exploiting the fallen victims. And of course Israel uses PR, it's an naturel thing to do in 21ste century warfare, especially important in asymetric situations.

Posted

just watched the ISIS videos on liveleak of the beheaded iraqi men (fighters ? not in uniform?) on spikes around the park railings.  this warped interpretation of islam is one of the biggest threats to western europe. hamas, are nowhere near that disgusting mindset but given the choice, i wonder which direction they would head in ?

Posted
    Use of child labor not stopped by police in Gaza, where children's "nimble bodies" help dig the tunnels that lead into Israel and Egypt.

Hamas used children to help them dig numerous tunnels into Israel and Egypt, a 2012 paper written for the Journal of Palestine Studies reported.

The paper, titled Gaza's Tunnel Phenomenon: The Unintended Dynamics of Israel's Siege says that little had been done to stop the phenomenon of child labor during the digging of the tunnels by Hamas in Gaza.In December 2011, the paper's author Nicolas Pelham accompanied a police patrol in Gaza and reported that "nothing was done to impede the use of children in the tunnels, where, much as in Victorian coal mines, they are prized for their nimble bodies."

He continued and said that "at least 160 children have been killed in the tunnels, according to Hamas officials."

Since the beginning of Operation Protective Edge 21 days ago, IDF forces have uncovered 31 tunnels leading into Israel.

More than 1,000 Palestinians, mainly women and children, have been killed during the offensive.

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Politics/At-least-160-children-died-digging-tunnels-for-Hamas-369138

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

just watched the ISIS videos on liveleak of the beheaded iraqi men (fighters ? not in uniform?) on spikes around the park railings.  this warped interpretation of islam is one of the biggest threats to western europe. hamas, are nowhere near that disgusting mindset but given the choice, i wonder which direction they would head in ?

Well they were heading towards more political solutions however they've discovered that doing the right thing and findign a solution to the problems costs them support hence the continued war . They would see Isis as a big threat. I suspect they would fight them.

Posted

I take your point but would they not be in a cleft stick bluearmy. Hezbollah are already fighting ISIS and as Hamas are also sponsored by Iran one assumes they would adopt the same position. But of course the caveat to this is that it's the ME we are talking about so one assumes nothing.