Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

The Middle East...where Are Events Taking Us?

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Iran and the West has reached a nuclear weapons agreement. The west/America will give 7 billion dollars and inspectors to Iran, by halting some of the work on uranium enrichment. Israeli PM enraged by this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-25074729

There removing $7bn of sanctions, not giving them it.

Good news for the developed nations, potentially cheaper oil on the horizon.

• Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.4k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no other description for what is happening other than war crime and genocide.   Israel is technically the occupying force on Gaza and as such is duty bound to protect civilians.   Complet

The scenes in Gaza look like the aftermath of a nuclear bomb, utter devastation. The Israelis telling people to go back to their homes in northern Gaza as its "safe", what are they supposed to go back

Reported on the BBC too... An air strike on an army camp has killed three soldiers, the Syrian government says, blaming the US-led coalition for the attack. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-

Posted Images

Posted

potentially cheaper oil on the horizon.

Very much doubt that everything`s going up incl water prices.....

Posted

Oil has been between 80-110 per barrel since 2010 even with Iranian sanctions. Should the market think that these will go completely (some way off yet) then the sheer potential of Iranian production will ensure a sub 80 crude price.

Of course fuel duty and the like will reduce the impact for the average person.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If I remember rightly, the last time the PPB tanked, petrol prices actually rose?

Posted

If I remember rightly, the last time the PPB tanked, petrol prices actually rose?

That sounds about right...there maybe subtle drops in prices at times but overall the price graph trend is upwards.

I remember when it was 70 pence per gallon.

Posted

That sounds about right...there maybe subtle drops in prices at times but overall the price graph trend is upwards.

I remember when it was 70 pence per gallon.

I remember when it was 2/6-!Posted Image 

Posted

Never underestimate the states ability to tax you to death.

Though saying that i'm not the most motorist friendly person out there.

Posted

Most of it is tax what a rip off.

More people riding push bikes in London trouble is that's causing another war between cars/lorries the roads are not built for all of them, a few got killed last week apparently,one under a truck,they can`t afford the fuel so no other alternative..

Its getting tough out there..

Posted

Most of it is tax what a rip off.

More people riding push bikes in London trouble is that's causing another war between cars/lorries the roads are not built for all of them, a few got killed last week apparently,one under a truck,they can`t afford the fuel so no other alternative..

Its getting tough out there..

Indeed, Snowyowl. Most of London's roads were designed for horses.

Posted

Personally I think supporting the moderates in Iran a step in the right direction but have serious reservations in the sense that Iran has really given nothing as centrifuges will remain in place. And it's not just Israel that has reservations. Saudi Arabia may turn to Pakistan.

To Sunni Arab leaders, deeply hostile to Iran, the deal is a sign that America's power is waning, that it has suddenly funked, decided it needs a multipolar world: one in which Washington negotiates with rather than rides roughshod over regional rivals like Iran, and global rivals like Russia and China. Those leaders are now fast reassessing their own relations with Moscow and Beijing.

Nothing is ever simple in the ME but Obama's desperation to achieve something from these talks has created an extremely fragile and tense situation.

The Jerusalem Posts take on this.

http://www.jpost.com/Iranian-Threat/News/Analysis-Iran-deal-is-riskier-than-meets-the-eye-332912

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Here is the full text of the Agreement:

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/26/the-iran-nuclear-deal-is-done-heres-what-it-says-full-text/

and an op-ed.

http://jewishworldreview.com/1113/tobin112513.php3#.UpR3Tid5EhI

Personally if I was Iran I would be laughing all the way to the Missile Silo and cursing the weak and irresolute Western Powers. Shame on us.

Posted

Personally if I was Iran I would be laughing all the way to the Missile Silo and cursing the weak and irresolute Western Powers. Shame on us.

I`ll believe it when I see this happening,anyway the santions have done enough to stop supplies coming in and innocent people are suffering in hospitals because medical supplies are not coming in like they should be because of the santions America has imposed. 

http://www.silviacattori.net/article4666.html

Posted

I`ll believe it when I see this happening,anyway the santions have done enough to stop supplies coming in and innocent people are suffering in hospitals because medical supplies are not coming in like they should be because of the santions America has imposed. 

Excuse me the latest sanctions from 2006 were imposed by the UN.

Does Kerry think that Iran is going to cease backing Hezbollah, whose sole aim is to destroy Israel. And pigs might fly. Quite a good article in the LA Times.

"It is fair to say that Iran's choices have created a very significant barrier, and huge security concerns for our friends in the region, for Israel, for gulf states and others," Kerry told reporters in Geneva. "Obviously, one would hope that Iran will make choices ... to rejoin the community of nations in full. The first step is to resolve the nuclear issue."

Posted

It's about time we stopped pandering to Saudi Arabia and Israel, IMO - they are not the only states in the Middle East!

• Like 1
    Posted

Looks like we have. We are now pandering to their enemies. Particularly one who for many years has had the sole objective of eradicating Israel. By pandering to Iran you are, by default, pandering to Hezbollah.

Edited by knocker
    Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

With regards to Iran .. why don't we just reimpose a Shah and get back to selling their oil to ourselves at a penny a gallon ?  Or could that be why the natives are unfriendly ?

• Like 1
    Posted

With regards to Iran .. why don't we just reimpose a Shah and get back to selling their oil to ourselves at a penny a gallon ?  Or could that be why the natives are unfriendly ?

Why would anyone want to do that? We - all of us - must learn to live alongside those who happen to think differently to ourselves...Whether we like it or not.

Posted

True enough, Malcolm. But isn't that partly down to the West playing one faction against each other, since the time of Gordon?